Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
    LOL! That is funny. Do we know her character's name? Or have I missed it somewhere?
    i think her name is susanne

it's even more ironic when you consider that her brothers' names are richard and chris i believe
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
      I also just saw that in the upcoming Stargate Mag it says Sheppard is going to be a Colonel and the cover photo supposedly shows him as a Colonel (can anyone who watches SGA say whether that timing makes sense - has he been around long enough as a Lt. Col to legitimately be Colonel?)
      This does not bode well if Carter is going to be on SGA for any significant role since now he outranks her - unless of course they make Carter a Colonel (ha - make Carter a Colonel and have her be superior to the military men in the shows ha -- I must be drunk).
      Sheppard is a Lt. Colonel, just like Carter is. And since Carter was promoted to Lt. Colonel first, if anyone outranks the other it would be Sam. However, I don't know if length of time counts or not. If it does, then Caldwell would outrank them both. Then again he may already as I don't know what rank of Colonel he is.
      sigpic

Comment

HAIKU FOR THE HOLIDAY SEASON

Holidays are here
        People rushing back and forth
        Cash registers hum

Too much stress for all
        Why hurry to go in debt?
        Consumerism

Deeper values lurk
        Just outside the bustling crowd
        Try to bring within

What's it all about?
        Let the glitter disappear
        Look for one true gem

Sparkles from inside
        Voices saying hi to friends
        Twinkles in the eyes

Stillness in the night
        Harmony without a price
        Money not a source

Give yourself as Gift
        Move more slowly, less in haste
        Breathe a purer air ....

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...SamBubbles.jpg
        Last edited by ChopinGal; 07 December 2005, 05:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
          lol, I'll just put it in spoilers (be warned big ones for Critical Mass, as in 5th act spoilers)
          Spoiler:
          The Atlantis episode was Critical Mass, 2x13. Canada didn't break mid-season like the US did (big benefit of that is that GRACE UNDER PRESSURE IS ON NEXT WEEK. OMFG!! ). So the episode would have been written quite a few months ago.
          Anyway's, basic premise was that someone (a Trust operative, you know the ex-NID, infiltrated by the Goa'uld guys that were in Season 8) had planted a bomb on Atlantis and was trying to blow 'Lantis up. Anyway, the operative turns out to be Colonel Caldwell - he's been taken over by a Goa'uld symbiote at some point in time. Now at the end, Hermoid (The Asgard that's part of the Deadalus' crew) was going to attempt to beam the symbiote out of Caldwell. Whether it works or not we'll have to wait to see (actually, I remember someone on GateWorld wondering if that would be possible ages ago ).
          But still, Goa'uld possesion is pretty traumatic so it'd be easy to see Caldwell retiring and someone else getting command of the Deddy. Carter? I'd say probably not. But I suppose it could be possible.
          I still think it was neat that
          Spoiler:
          Lee couldn't cut it, so they had to get Carter back in from offworld to work on the problem.
          You gotta love that nod. And
          Spoiler:
          Barrett was SO CUTE!!!!!! HELLO!!! This from a die-hard S/J shipper, but wow, I tell ya... !

Hey, AD, what did you think of that argument between
          Spoiler:
          Weir and Cavanaugh?
          - the one I posted about earlier (few pages back I think). Didn't it look like that was a total fanboy-argument nod from tptb?? Or am I nuts?

Ok. Don't answer that last part...

mini

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Just wanted to make a quick stop to say "hi" and to tell you I miss you all very much, but things haven't been going very well, and I'm going back into hospital tomorrow for more surgery. I'm NOT a happy camper.....my holiday's are shot. Oh well......keep posting about Amanda and I wish you all the BEST of Holidays!!!!!!!

Until I can return, you all stay safe, healthy and very happy!
            On fighting:
            Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
            Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
              Just wanted to make a quick stop to say "hi" and to tell you I miss you all very much, but things haven't been going very well, and I'm going back into hospital tomorrow for more surgery. I'm NOT a happy camper.....my holiday's are shot. Oh well......keep posting about Amanda and I wish you all the BEST of Holidays!!!!!!!

{{{ Lida }}}

My thoughts and prayers will be with you. I hope you're okay.

mini

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

it's even more ironic when you consider that her brothers' names are richard and chris i believe
                And isn't there a step-brother named Michael? Or am I just getting them totally confused. Wouldn't be the first time.
                sigpic

Comment

Yes, she has a step-brother named Michael. I remember Amanda mentioning it in an interview. I think it was a Canadian morning talk show...Vicky something?

Comment

Admiral Q O from the RDA thread reminded me of what today is: December 7, 1941. Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day to us in the States. Remembering the ones lost and honoring those who have served.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                      Admiral Q O from the RDA thread reminded me of what today is: December 7, 1941. Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day to us in the States. Remembering the ones lost and honoring those who have served.

I almost forgot. Thank you.

To those who made the ulitmate scarifice in order to procect and serve their country. And to those who lost loved ones, I mourn with you today.

Comment

((((((Lida))))) hope things go well for you and i'm sending thoughts and prayers over to you.
                        ......TARA......

Comment

We miss you too, dear Royal Physician. And, in this case, I can't help but think of the oft-used phrase: "Physician, heal thyself" ... if only it were that easy, huh!

You take care, heal and be well! We'll hold down the fort until you're back at Samanda!

Peace, Jester

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
                            Then again he may already as I don't know what rank of Colonel he is.
                            there are only 2 ranks of colonel, lt colonel which sam is (her insignia is an oak leaf like a major's but hers is silver while a major's is gold) and a full 'bird' colonel whose insigina is an eagle (like jack's was, and the eagle insignia is what makes the slang term, full bird)

it goes

2nd lt (gold bar)
                            1st lt (silver bar)
                            captian (2 silver bars)
                            major (gold maple leaf)
                            lt colonel (silver maple leaf)
                            colonel (silver eagle)
                            brigadir general (1 star)\
                            major general (2 stars)
                            Lt. General (3 stars)
                            General (4 stars)
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                              Being a virtual non-techie myself (poems are so much more fun than binary digits) ... I still have a hunch about this massive constipation of the GW system. Maybe Sky or one of the other mods can weigh in on this ...

Am I right in assuming that the large Google Ads banner at top of the GW webpages was not always there? Is it possible that these "ads" are somehow interfering with a faster response time for the posters?!

Something is drawing power from somewhere ... where's Carter when you need her to troubleshoot?!!
                              so descriptive, ChopinGal! LOL. Yep, maybe Carter could hook up a naquadah reactor, control crystals or something.

Comment

2nd lt (gold bar)
                                Some often refer to these as "butter bars" because of their gold color. I believe that this is the rank you are commissioned as when you graduated from the Air Force Academy. I'm not sure if it's the same if you graduate from another college/university and then join the AF.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X