Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ValaMalduran
    Hi Everyone!

I thought I'd pop over from the Vala - CB WOW thread and say hello.

Though Vala might be the reason I joined this board, it was Sam who got me into Stargate some eight years ago.

I'm a firm believer that there's room enough on the show for three very different female characters - Sam, Vala, Lam - and that we, the viewers, can only benefit from the dynamics between them.

Greetings, A.
    Welcome, ValaMalduran! Friends of Sam will be at home here!

Just sayin', I share your sentiment on making room for all three of our SG1 ladies: Sam, Vala, Lam - all those female hormones in one place have to raise the level of sanity and intelligence in the series a heck of a lot! Viva les femmes!
    MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
    sigpic
    Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Hey, I just transcribed Amanda's Convention Expeirence feature of the Season 8 DVD's for anyone who doesn't have it

Check it out here

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
        Hey, I just transcribed Amanda's Convention Expeirence feature of the Season 8 DVD's for anyone who doesn't have it

Check it out here
        Fantastic interview. Thanks for transcribing, Agent_Dark.

Just sayin', nice work!
        MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
        sigpic
        Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Check it out here

I was disappointed when my season 8 DVD set did not have this special on it.

So, thanks so much for doing this, Agent Dark! This was a lovely read!

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
            ok, birthdays updated. Though I have one request of our Vice President. Sal, if you read this, could you please put my index into your post on the very first page, like you did for astro? This would really help, as dumbdeepspace keeps losing her own index .
            i'll do it, but i need the link.

if you just reply to this post with the link, i'll add it.

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Check it out here

Thank you AD for that. Very nicely done.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek

Besides, the way I see it, until Vala can strip down a naquada reactor and reassemble it in under half an hour, there's no way she's a threat to Sam.

Now, as to who's the better basketball player - THAT is the real question people. (Considering Vala needed Teal'c to lift her up to the basket, my money's gotta be on Sam!)

They created the groundwork for a very interesting archetype. But based on the way they've been writing the last while, I think the really burning question isn't so much what's possible, as what we can reasonably hope this writing team will be able to provide in terms of strong, believable character-building in the coming season(s).

I personally prefer not to give up all hope or prophecy the apocalyptic doom of SG-1, so I'll have to side with the folks who are chanting "Time will tell", until we see what actually happens.

mini

Agreed.

Vala is no threat to Sam.

Sam would beat the pants off of Vala in basketball (that sounded funny ). Sam looks more like a jock.

That is the burning question---what will the writing team really do! the problem for me is that the whole Vala storyline for five episodes seemed so far fetched and unrealistic. The way Vala could just waltz around the base, and the scene at the Senate Committee meeting was just too ridiculous--Landry and Daniel just wouldn't sit there in this context when discussing something so serious as the Ori threat. I had to suspend my belief way beyond what I typcially do--I did it where it became painful!

Now that Vala will be on in a regular fashion, it has to make some kind of sense why she is there so much. And I really hope that they keep the balance between the characters like they used to do for so many seasons. And of course we need real team episodes.

Also trying to stay optimistic at this point (and the season 9 pics helped at least for the second half).

Comment

Check it out here
                  AD that was so cool, you rock. No jello privs at the moment, unfortunately!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                  ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
                    Stargate Project just posted some "behind the scenes" pics for SG-1 and Atlantis. There is one showing Amanda and David Hewlett while shooting a scene for GUP. http://www.stargate-project.de/starg...te=news&ID=942
                    BTW - those that were posted on the frontpage of the spoilme yahoo group are also there.
                    I am pretty sure that all the pictures are from the current issue of the SciFi Magazine.
                    Neat! I love the little pic of Hewlett and Tapping; that's classic.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Check it out here
                      Thanks for taking the time to do this AD.

Comment

Check it out here
                        You're a sweetheart for doing this Agent D. Almost as good as seeing it.

Comment

I get the impression that basketball is Cam's thing--but I could picture Sam playing with the guys. As critical as I am of S9, I do think the basketball was a nice "team" touch. I would actually like to see them continue it with Sam. (Let's hope AT can dribble.)

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                            I get the impression that basketball is Cam's thing--but I could picture Sam playing with the guys. As critical as I am of S9, I do think the basketball was a nice "team" touch. I would actually like to see them continue it with Sam. (Let's hope AT can dribble.)

I know what you mean, but I didn't like the basketball scene because it seemed out of place. And I just saw the actors playing basketball, not the characters. Maybe that's my problem as well for some of this season. I'm noticing their acting more than usual, rather than getting into the stories. For me, this is particularly true of Daniel, Teal'c, Garak, and Mitchell. I saw the actors more than the characters. Weird.

But in the last two episodes right before the break (Prototype and 4th Horseman), I found myself engrossed in the stories again.

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                              I have been to a few fan run cons that I really enjoyed. I like some things about Creation Cons as well. I'm at a charity auction this weekend that Robert Picardo was at yesterday, Torri and Don will be there today. It is a small event (about 200 people) and a really nice way to get to see the actors and interact more with them than at a con.

I did registar for the Shore-Leave Con since the price is so good. July is a very good time for me to get away since I'm not working at that time.
                              I met tsaxlady today at the Lightspeed Charity Auction and now I have a face to put to the name. We only talked for about 5min.
                              Don and Torri were wounderful. They were happy to chat and and spend time with the fans.
                              I am looking foreward to next years benefit.

Joanne

Comment

Check it out here
                                Thanks for taking the time to share this with us, AD.

My LJ

Comment

Working...
                                X