Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    Let's make sure that our queen has plenty of nice christmas greetings to wake up to next weekend

yes, NEXT WEEKEND, so please don't put it off and procrastinate.
    Yep, just sent mine then

Come on Samandans! Make sure you all get your Christmas Greetings for Amanda sent!

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
      Woohooo! I have a job at the Samandan court!!! So excited!

Good good. I like my gin. Sloes and Bombay Sapphire. Good Choice. I feel, however, that a good selection of rum is needed in this thread!
      Knock yourself out ... check again above ... I just provided the photo of our royal bar! I'll send the wine cellar list later. And the key is under the jelly-bean jar!

Royal Accountant/Bean Counter should be relieved to know that she won't have to do part-time serving any longer; she was making too many mistakes with the royal ledger and newspaper has fallen behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
        Yep, just sent mine then

Come on Samandans! Make sure you all get your Christmas Greetings for Amanda sent!
        This is an official order as it's coming from Royal Head of Security who has just dropped in! Hooray! Bar is open; snacks available. We await your anniversary words of wisdom!

Jester

Comment

I'm trying to get inspired to write something really....me. I mean, something from deep down, not just a standard "Merry Christmas".
          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Sorry I can't rep ya. But that was fab.

Comment

Woohooo! I have a job at the Samandan court!!! So excited!

Good good. I like my gin. Sloes and Bombay Sapphire. Good Choice. I feel, however, that a good selection of rum is needed in this thread!

Royal Bartender please allow me to offer some Rum along with a nice wine from my private stock for today's festivites

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Thank you, most gratefully accepted.

I don't know how long I shall be able to keep the bar open tonight. Here in the Uk, we're already past normal legal licensing hours.

Comment

Hey everyone! Omg, is it really a Samandan birthday? WOW! I know I've been gone a while (damn RL getting in the way), but love and kisses for all! And Merry Christmas!
                    Royal Page of Samanda
                    "Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid."

Comment

Hugs, Kisses and festive wishes to you too, Charlie!

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                        This is a terrific thread. Thank you Majorsal for starting this thread, and thanks to others for posting great comments, pictures and links to videos.

Sam is definitely my favorite character, and I really appreciate Amanda Tapping's portrayal of her. She is the main reason why I began watching the show, and why I continue to do so (as well as because of the great team interaction).

So many have already made great comments about what they like about Sam. There are so many impressive things about her---she is extremely intelligent and not afraid to show it, eager and excited about her field of astrophysics, a courageous soldier, and a friend willing to express tenderness. She holds her own quite well in two male-dominated fields, and is a great female role model in general. She's also a bit insecure, and yet at the same time often extremely confident.

One of my favorite Sam moments is in Upgrades when she makes such an exquisite pool shot (I like the fact that AT actually did do this, twice!). I can't imagine anyone else but AT playing Sam. She has the ability to say all that technobabble and make it sound convincing (important for a scifi show!), is athletic and therefore believable as a fit soldier, and expresses tenderness so well.

Finally, for now, Sam is able to think quickly on her feet, under pressure. She doesn't freak out, she doesn't scream, she instead works hard to figure out solutions sometimes on her own, and often with her teammates.

Following Coley's lead, this was my first post on this thread and at GW. It took me about a month before I actually posted anything. I was so impressed by everyone's comments that I couldn't help myself--I had to participate--although I had rarely participated online before.

After making the post above I remember distinctly the warm welcome I received by fans on this thread! In fact, Astro was the first to respond so warmly by posting pictures of the infamous Sam Carter pool shot in Upgrades. And I thought, wow that's really cool. And then other kind folks also responded. From that moment on, I was hooked on the SaGC thread! I love all the creativity of old and new fans, and most of all, as others have already said, I really enjoy the range of discussions that have taken place over the last year. There have been a number of intense discussions, where we are not afraid to critique the writing of Sam at times, where we come from different points of view about ship and other things, and where we come from different walks of life. We interpret scenes and moments, from sometimes different points of view, and that is just great. Because we do it with respect for one another.

I am grateful to Amanda Tapping for making Sam Carter come to life and be such an enjoyable character to watch year and year. And, although I have never met AT, from everything that has been said about her, she definitely is an inspiration in how she approaches life with such gusto and kindness.

I am equally grateful though to all the posters on this thread who have made this thread such a pleasant and warm place to be. A place to have fun, discuss, complain, debate, and spread a little cheer. The kindness that is continually shown on this thread is immeasurable.

Happy Birthday, Samanda!!

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAMANDA!!!!!

Any rum left Royal Bartender?
                          sigpic

Comment

Thank you, most gratefully accepted.

I don't know how long I shall be able to keep the bar open tonight. Here in the Uk, we're already past normal legal licensing hours.
                            AWW but it's not even 7pm here in the Pacific Northwest. Psst Nora...you didn't give her all the rum did you???? We can have our own celebration lol.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam
                              AWW but it's not even 7pm here in the Pacific Northwest. Psst Nora...you didn't give her all the rum did you???? We can have our own celebration lol.
                              There's plenty of rum. In fact, 90% stock is rum.

It's now 2.45am where I live and I'm exhausted. I'll give you the key to the bar if you promise to be responsable.

Well, rephrase that, on the responsable end of the Samandan spectrum.

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam
                                'where's all the rum gone????'
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X