No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is it.....if we're expressing concerns about amanda then we're Demandas......but if folks express concern about vala or daniel, well that's ok because they're worried about the Team or the Second Original Team?????

rhetorical question since i know we all know the answer to that and i'm in a grumpy mood anyway

but the double standard amuses teh crap out of me
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
      Its a Joke. Dominar Rygel XVI was one of the puppets from Farscape.
      Phew - In this case I don't mind that I've asked a dumb question

Thanks for the pic Uber!

I think I watched a couple of eps from the first season but didn't like it.

I've just posted my first question on ask Joe thread asking him why TPTB didn't want Sam Carter as leader of SG1. It sort of followed up the same question from Smurf, but I referenced it back to Joe's Oct 31 blog when he wrote re Sam crossing over "it would be a shame not to make use of the characters potential "- and I said her potential is to lead SG1.

Does he reply direct on the thread?

Comment

Eventually, when he gets around to it. And be prepared for very vague answers.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
          Phew - In this case I don't mind that I've asked a dumb question

Thanks for the pic Uber!

I think I watched a couple of eps from the first season but didn't like it.

I've just posted my first question on ask Joe thread asking him why TPTB didn't want Sam Carter as leader of SG1. It sort of followed up the same question from Smurf, but I referenced it back to Joe's Oct 31 blog when he wrote re Sam crossing over "it would be a shame not to make use of the characters potential "- and I said her potential is to lead SG1.

Does he reply direct on the thread?
          It baffles me how they can take away all of her major story arcs...leadership being at the top of a long list...and then say with a straight face, "We don't know what to do with Carter."

Hey, we could have Raknor come in and be the Jaffa on the team...I mean, he has a great backstory too, right? Plus he's new and cool and way fun to write for. And then they can tell us, "We don't know what to do with Teal'c."

*Sigh*

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
            Yes, at least "one might assume so."

*grumble*

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
              That's why I made my question as precise as possible.
              I fully expect it to be ignored, which is fine because the question is a bit double edged. If he answers then great, if he doesn't or skirts around the issue I think it confirms what we all think.

Comment

In my opinion , this is not good idea for Sam to has been in both series

i a love you Sam in SG1
                sigpic

Comment

I wish they would've given Sam her own command. And THEN then could've spun off SG-1 again or renamed it or whatever. Sam deserves her own command.

Comment

I got the same thing. So maybe we overloaded it will all the pay it forward
                    I was able to green. It just looks different. It looks like a shrunken down version of the page. Has anyone scrolled down when the new screen appears?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka
                      I wish they would've given Sam her own command. And THEN then could've spun off SG-1 again or renamed it or whatever. Sam deserves her own command.
                      this is a good idea
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        Why is it.....if we're expressing concerns about amanda then we're Demandas......but if folks express concern about vala or daniel, well that's ok because they're worried about the Team or the Second Original Team?????

rhetorical question since i know we all know the answer to that and i'm in a grumpy mood anyway

but the double standard amuses teh crap out of me
                        Well lets see what Sam thinks of this

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                          I was able to green. It just looks different. It looks like a shrunken down version of the page. Has anyone scrolled down when the new screen appears?
                          Hmmm. I got nothing.
                          sigpic

Comment

Its a Joke. Dominar Rygel XVI was one of the puppets from Farscape.
                            Rygel was the sweetest character on Farscape.
                            Originally posted by tsaxlady
                            Well lets see what Sam thinks of this

And alternate Carter from Moebius. Greatest alternate character on stargate ever (except Alt Jack in Moebius)
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                              Rygel was the sweetest character on Farscape.
                              When you say sweet do you mean...
                              a) hes really cool
                              or
                              b) just a sweet guy?

Because we may need to get you some therapy if you mean b.
                              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

When you say sweet do you mean...
                                a) hes really cool
                                or
                                b) just a sweet guy?

Because we may need to get you some therapy if you mean b.
                                ha! Yes, Rygel was great b/c he was so amoral. I doubt I would have enjoyed him that much if it had become the "Rygel show" though. In a way that's how I feel about McKay on Atlantis--he's best in small doses.

As for the discussion of Season 9 taping and viewing habits. I've been taping season nine *in case* there's a good episode. But I don't make a point to rewatch them. I did watch Beach Head last night & sort of watched the Baal episode while doing other stuff. I tend to still stop doing other stuff during *old* episodes. When "Solitudes" comes on, for example, I don't pay bills or read the newspaper through it even though I must have seen it at least 5 times.
                                I don't see myself buying the boxed set unless the whole rest of season 9 goes up in quality quite a bit. Season 8 was a tough call for me, but I decided with New Order & a few other episodes it was worth it-- & also for the commentaries & features. Well, the commentaries have been very disappointing for me. A couple of good ones, but mostly talking *through* the episodes & not *about* the episodes. I just about whoopsed my cookies during the PU commentary with all the nauseating fawning over CB. At least CB had the grace to seem a bit embarrassed by it.
                                Edit: oh and all the gushing over how Vala allowed them to write a whole new tone (or words to that effect) made me want to say, "you think Stargate inhibits you? find another show."
                                Sorry this turned into a bit of a rant.

Comment

Working...
                                X