Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KatG
    For those of you wondering where the info about Sony not caring about the 4 main characters is coming from, it was in a creation con report. You can find the link to the report in this post

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=21647

The whole report is rather enlightening but doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.
    Thanks KatG - I was just about to answer MajorSal's question - so you have saved me a job!!

Comment

Right I'm off to try to download the antivirus thing again

AFTER uninstalling my current one!!

Keep everything crossed for me!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
        She will never be a Samantha Carter but she may turn into a decent Hammond.
        Weir ≠ Hammond.

Hammond, for the most part, had a very specific and limited function within the show. Weir is a lead character.

Comment

Ha it worked!!! Thanks Myrth for the link - everything seems to be running okay!!

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
            Just curious of what ep you saw (what the plot was). The show definitly picks up in the second half and Weir shows some strength in Storm\Eye and has a really good ep called Before I sleep... then she shows something good in the Siege too. I see lots of potential for her. She will never be a Samantha Carter but she may turn into a decent Hammond.

Teyla at least wears military gear when in the field. Looks like its a bit too big for her, which I find oddly amusing considering she does tend to wear cloths that look too small for her when off duty. Either way her cloths are still waaaayyy more classy then the crp they had Vala wearing. Anyway... this isnt an atlantis thread...

Carter is still the best female character on Stargate. Fraiser is still number two. But I wouldnt write off atlantis. Even though SG-1 seems to have lost its mind in the hands of RCC, Atlantis seems to be picking up steam under BW and MG. I would say maybe it is a good thing Sam crosses over. But thats what they want us to say.... its just like cooking a frog, they slowly turn up the heat and the next thing you know your cooked. Carter should stay on SG-1.
            Thanks for the info

The ep was Tayla explores her ability toi sense the Wraith!!!????

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal
              Just because I don't feel any sympathy for Mallozzi doesn't mean my thinking is somehow "clouded".
              Sorry Parsifal if you thought it was aimed at you - I was talking specifically about myself and a post I had just made in response to Bink's questions and also generally about all of us. I know I tend to get a little bit indignant with TPTB about my fave Sci Fi character - I guess I agreed with Strix re JM we don't really know what is going on and I'm sure there are certain things he just cannot reveal. I suspect he is expendable also if TPTB think he's blabbing too much??

Having said that I still really liked Bink's questions and he chose not to answer.

Comment

Has anyone heard anything from Deepspace - what about Charlie - and whatever happened to Carterslave? Is Qasim coming back at all?

Comment

Is there anything wrong with the green system? I click on the icon and I just get sent to the top of the page????

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                    Is there anything wrong with the green system? I click on the icon and I just get sent to the top of the page????
                    I got the same thing. So maybe we overloaded it will all the pay it forward
                    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I can't seem to green anyone either. I've tried several times today.
                      sigpic

Comment

Err just spotted this on Joe's Blog. Is this a joke - I don't often go to his blog. So of this guy is a scientist in SG1 does that leave Sam out of SG1?

There are currently no plans to introduce Dominar Rygel XVI as the new sassy, straight-shooting alien/scientist team member. Okay, this one has some basis in truth. We did, in fact, contact his representatives about the possibility of his coming aboard, but reached an impasse when Rygel insisted he be granted a bigger trailer than Ben Browder's. There were suggestions of a on-going feud between the two dating back to their Farscape days, so the negotiations were shelved. For the time being.

Is he winding us up?

Comment

Err just spotted this on Joe's Blog. Is this a joke - I don't often go to his blog. So of this guy is a scientist in SG1 does that leave Sam out of SG1?

There are currently no plans to introduce Dominar Rygel XVI as the new sassy, straight-shooting alien/scientist team member. Okay, this one has some basis in truth. We did, in fact, contact his representatives about the possibility of his coming aboard, but reached an impasse when Rygel insisted he be granted a bigger trailer than Ben Browder's. There were suggestions of a on-going feud between the two dating back to their Farscape days, so the negotiations were shelved. For the time being.

Is he winding us up?
                          Its a Joke. Dominar Rygel XVI was one of the puppets from Farscape.
                          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Is he winding us up?
                            I'll take it you're not big into Farscape, my friend...

Here is a picture of our beloved little obnoxious Dominar and I'll let you just for yourself (Rygel's the little guy on the left)...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
                              UPDATE

For my own interest I asked a few pages back who is watching Atlantis? I know very little about the show. I thought if Sam was going to be making an appearance I might need to catch up. I watched a few episodes last year and I haven't watched any this season. Some of you think it's better then SG-1 right now. Others of you just watch when you can. So for the unofficial Atlantis & SG-1 Watching Poll

You can add me to the list as watching both SG-1 and Atlantis
                              My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Rygel's a puppet. A very short squat puppet.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X