X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal
    i enjoyed your post, fs.

regarding your above paragraph...

that's what gets me too. i knew that ben was going to be listed first, but *after* the stargate name credit. but those first few shots being SO mitchell heavy gives the impression that he's THE star of the show. he's not. he's an addition. okay, he's the new male lead, i can accept that. but those first few shots should have been about the entire cast. four/five shots of either the entire team, or just shots of action/stargate spinning shots.

it really feels like a slight against the 3 ppl that have been on this show since the beginning. and i was NEVER bothered that rick was listed not only first but above the title. because *he earned it*.

sally
    You know what the big problem with the credits this year is?? I don't think they have four or five shots with the entire team together. They were rarely together in the first half of the season. They also have very little action shots of anyone in the first half of the season.

For as much as we have been hearing how this season was going to be about going back to the show's roots and going back through the gate... there really hasn't been much of it. Maybe the editors of the credits just tried to find some action sequences period. Like there is one shot of some guy falling. I have no clue who the person is or from episode it's from, but I'm assuming it's Mitchell though I can't be positive.

Also if you think about it Amanda has only been in five episodes in the first half of the season and of those she was only in Babylon for about five minutes. ExDM was earth-based, and in Beachhead, Prototype and Fourth Horseman she saw no action at all. She was sciencitist Sam.

I guess all we can really hope for is that if there is a season ten that they redo the credits and put some decent team photos or a combination of action photos into the mix.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
      You know what the big problem with the credits this year is?? I don't think they have four or five shots with the entire team together. They were rarely together in the first half of the season. They also have very little action shots of anyone in the first half of the season.

For as much as we have been hearing how this season was going to be about going back to the show's roots and going back through the gate... there really hasn't been much of it. Maybe the editors of the credits just tried to find some action sequences period. Like there is one shot of some guy falling. I have no clue who the person is or from episode it's from, but I'm assuming it's Mitchell though I can't be positive.

Also if you think about it Amanda has only been in five episodes in the first half of the season and of those she was only in Babylon for about five minutes. ExDM was earth-based, and in Beachhead, Prototype and Fourth Horseman she saw no action at all. She was sciencitist Sam.

I guess all we can really hope for is that if there is a season ten that they redo the credits and put some decent team photos or a combination of action photos into the mix.
      Hear, hear! IMHO, with RDA gone (sniff) they really can say it's an ensemble with 4 stars. TPTB need to remember SG1 has always been about the *team* even though O'Neill was the leader. For example, RDA may have been the big name, but from what I've read he didn't demand the *star treatment.* In the past, I think MS, AT & CJ had equal time, so to speak, in the credit shots. So it should be now with BB, MS, AT & CJ. (Just realized that sounded a bit Ten Commandments--I can hear Yul Brunner intone: "So let it be written, so shall it be done." )
      Last edited by jckfan55; 21 October 2005, 06:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
        As to going with our intuition, I mentioned awhile back about the "blink" experience and it is worth reading. Someone asked "just a woman thing?" Absolutely not! We all have this intuitive sense.
        OK. I admit it. I asked that question. I think, at the time of your post, there had been some talk about women, or something... Sorry fellas!

Oh, and if you're talking about the GW home poll on Cameron, the margins are way too huge to be "accurate," if you know what I mean...

Comment

Getting myself into a Sam frame of mind ready for the Gabit Con next week. I love the opening credits but I was disappointed to see the rankings. I don't think BB is a lead. I feel that MS, CJ and AT all took equal ranking after RDA, and now the credits should run AT, CJ and then BB.

I know that's just my personal feeling as a fan. Whereas the credits are carefully negotiated for business and industry reasons that have nothing to do with how the character or actor might be held by the viewers.

Apart from that, I'm hoping that they update the shots as the season goes on in the UK. Am I wrong or is that shot of Sam firing upwards the same as used in last years credits? I could be wrong though, I have a terrible memory!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
            You know what the big problem with the credits this year is??
            Yeah! They don't have a single frickin' EMU in them, dammit!

Sorry for the crap-ola composite, didn't have time to make it better! Busy morning!

mini(the 'alternate')geek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
            ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy
              Apart from that, I'm hoping that they update the shots as the season goes on in the UK. Am I wrong or is that shot of Sam firing upwards the same as used in last years credits? I could be wrong though, I have a terrible memory!
              I doubt they'll update anything as that probably costs more moolah than any production team is willing/able to spend. Right? Maybe S10 will be the ticket.

And, no, you're not wrong. Sam's entire bit was recycled from previous seasons.

Was the too forced, or did I pull it off?

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek

Sorry for the crap-ola composite, didn't have time to make it better! Busy morning!

mini(the 'alternate')geek
                Holy crap. That's hilarious!

Comment

Dancer, I just read your reply pn JM's blog. Very good reply.

Comment

That's perfect ! Now that's what I call credits !
                    Psst, where's Duck Dodger ?
                    Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                      Captain Dodgers, hero extraordinaire, is currently partaking of a relaxing, and most well deserved lunch, with the Space Princess Gossamer. Eager Young Space Cadet Porky Pig is serving as his beloved Captain's aide de camp at said repast, so with extremely intense apologies, I fear that Sergeant Simha, social secretary to Our Hero (Captain Duck Dodgers, doubters) will have to serve as your liason to his Heroness.

Unfortunately, the Sergeant Social Secretary is separated from her image database due to network difficulties (NT, not Skiffy), and she begs your indulgence to allow her to present the latest pics of Our Hero when that despicable network has succumbed to Duck Dodgers heroism. Or when she gets home to her other computer, whichever comes first.

Captain Dodgers would like me to say, however, that he is awaiting his invitation to the Samandan 1000 page bash with bated breath (I'm not sure what it's baited with, but it's doubtless heroic), and he lives in hope of finally meeting the wise and beautiful queen and heroine of Samanda, who has captivated his heart from afar, lo these long years.

Thank you for your attention to his Heroicness. We are most grateful and honored to serve at his heroic whim.

(PS. Don't tell Gossamer about His Heroness' thing for the Queen. Gossamer thinks Captain Dodgers prefers redheads.)

Yours most obsequiously,
                      Sergeant Simha, Social Secretary to Captain Duck Dodgers, Famous Intergalactic Hero
                      ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                        I dunno. I think it was Sim's sig, and that was equally hilarious. (EDIT: Sim's lightning-fast fingers beat me! )

Now... does anyone wanna try their hand at Fraggle Rock?!

Comment

Bump

Comment

gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                            love Torri

Comment

ROFLMAO!!!! Thanks for making me laugh, Minigeek.

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                                Psst, where's Duck Dodgers ?
                                Ohh he's got his own screen, too.

another quickie crap-ola composite (the 5 minute kind, lol)

mini
                                Last edited by minigeek; 21 October 2005, 11:38 AM.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                                ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Working...
                                X