Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
    Yay!! I'm very happy and proud to announce, that after a short but very intense labour our little girl Milou (pronounce: me-loo, kinda french) was born this morning at 8.22! 6 days overdue.

My water broke at 11.00pm, contractions hit at 1.30am, at 2.30 were only 2/3 minutes apart, at 8.11 I was fully dilated, at 8.22 she was born. 100% natural delivery

We ended up at the hospital at 5.00am, her heartbeat was a little low, but all was well. Very proud I did it all myself. She is SO cute! My heart is flooded with love!

*hugs to all*
    Congratulations! Will we get to see a picture soon?

Comment

Yay!! I'm very happy and proud to announce, that after a short but very intense labour our little girl Milou (pronounce: me-loo, kinda french) was born this morning at 8.22! 6 days overdue.

My water broke at 11.00pm, contractions hit at 1.30am, at 2.30 were only 2/3 minutes apart, at 8.11 I was fully dilated, at 8.22 she was born. 100% natural delivery

We ended up at the hospital at 5.00am, her heartbeat was a little low, but all was well. Very proud I did it all myself. She is SO cute! My heart is flooded with love!

*hugs to all*
      Wha??? Not naming her EH-T? Or perhaps that is to be her middle name.

Congrats!!!!!!

Sooooooo happy for you and the hubby and that everone is well!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

this just popped into my head...

do you think sam would choose ascension?
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
          Hah! I love it! Yay!!
          me too, i thought it was classic! now if only we could find such a dedicated person who had done that for every time sam has said 'sir' wed be set, hehe...

Originally posted by MajorSam View Post
          What do we think the categories of context for the "Sirs" would be?? I'm only 12 eps into season 1, so I guess if I start now, and make sure I ALWAYS have my pen and paper, I'm willing to start the "Sir" project! I don't know I really want to record the exact time, to the second, of every one in every ep... ... ... But I can certainly tabulate how many per ep/season/etc. We have to decide the categories/classifications before this Sunday though, because that's when I'm watching my next batch of eps!

So far I've thought of:

"Sir" used in an answer - all the basic "Yes Sir"'s

As/in a question. There are lots of "Sir?"'s, right?

An addition at the end of a sentance, I can't remember a specific instance, but something like "Well then the feedback loop suffered a self re-routing modular fluctuation... ... Sir." Do you get what I mean? It's usually pretty funny.

Angsty Sir - Heroes, when Jack get's shot and Sam calls out. (I guess one's angst-o-meter depends on if you're a shipper or not...)

Used as a warning. Again, can't think of a specific ep, but when Jack is being rather mouthy to some aliens or something, and they try to rein him back in.
          thats quiet an undertaking it will be interesting to see what you come up with!

im most interested in overall number of sirs as well as a breakup per episode (to jack)...

*hugs to all*
          WOOHOO! CONGRATULATIONS! thanks heaps for letting us know and so glad everything went so smoothly (hugs)

welcome to the world milou!

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
          Woot another little Samandan
          hehe, yups never too young to join the samandan ranks

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
          this just popped into my head...

do you think sam would choose ascension?
          no, i think like daniel she would have too much trouble sitting by watching, she'd want to be able to help people...
          Last edited by katjoy; 23 July 2010, 07:04 PM.
          "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

yay!!!!

congrats Lies, I'm glad you and Milou are fine.
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

What do we think the categories of context for the "Sirs" would be?? I'm only 12 eps into season 1, so I guess if I start now, and make sure I ALWAYS have my pen and paper, I'm willing to start the "Sir" project! I don't know I really want to record the exact time, to the second, of every one in every ep... ... ... But I can certainly tabulate how many per ep/season/etc. We have to decide the categories/classifications before this Sunday though, because that's when I'm watching my next batch of eps!
              I was just watching "Nemesis" and I counted all the times Sam said "sir" to Jack, and it was 12, with 5 of those being in the briefing room scene where she, Hammond and Teal'c were talking to Jack's hologram.

Comment

So far I've thought of:

"Sir" used in an answer - all the basic "Yes Sir"'s

As/in a question. There are lots of "Sir?"'s, right?

An addition at the end of a sentance, I can't remember a specific instance, but something like "Well then the feedback loop suffered a self re-routing modular fluctuation... ... Sir." Do you get what I mean? It's usually pretty funny.

Angsty Sir - Heroes, when Jack get's shot and Sam calls out. (I guess one's angst-o-meter depends on if you're a shipper or not...)

Used as a warning. Again, can't think of a specific ep, but when Jack is being rather mouthy to some aliens or something, and they try to rein him back in.
                Woo! Go you!

I was just thinking of which ep and in response to whom and regarding what situation. Pretty simple compared to what your thinking of undertaking. More power to you though! I like it! Not sure if I can help out much in the coming days with SE so close and some other traveling afterward, but when I watch an ep later on, I can keep an ear out for any 'Sir's' Sam utters and jot it down.

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                Wha??? Not naming her EH-T? Or perhaps that is to be her middle name.
                You kidding? You want her to be teased later?

Lies, I've already commissioned someone to begin Milou's gift now that we officially know she's not a boy. Good thing I waited on that.

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS LIES & LIES' HUBBY ON THE SAFE ARRIVAL OF YOUR BEAUTIFUL NEW LITTLE BUNDLE OF PURE JOY & BLISS - MILOU!

I'm so very happy and proud for both of you. Sending you virtual hugs and kisses from me and my family to you and yours. Welcome to parenthood.

Welcome to the world little Milou. May you love and cherish your mummy and daddy as much as they love and cherish you.

Yay...now I can go off and do some baby shopping.
                  "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Tonight we are having a World Cup dinner at my sister's. The person who picked Spain in the sweep stake gets to sit back while the rest of us cook a meal out of food from the countries in the finale. I'm going Dutch all the way and making Poffertjes. Now it can be for Milou Sweet little pancakes for a sweet little girl.
                    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

i saw the william shatner-amanda tapping interview... amanda was SOOO friggin cute!!

she was nervous being interviewed/talked to by william, and she asked him to guest on sanctuary.

i hope someone was able to record this thing?

AMANDA!!
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                        I was just watching "Nemesis" and I counted all the times Sam said "sir" to Jack, and it was 12, with 5 of those being in the briefing room scene where she, Hammond and Teal'c were talking to Jack's hologram.
                        i just watched WoO and it was 12 sirs in that as well... 7 to jack and 5 to hammond (with three of the sirs to hammond being in the same sentence!)

i saw the william shatner-amanda tapping interview... amanda was SOOO friggin cute!!

she was nervous being interviewed/talked to by william, and she asked him to guest on sanctuary.

AMANDA!!
                        i would love to see this!
                        "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

amanda was such a fangirl with william shatner. i can relate, b/c he's one of my oldest crushes!

but she was SOOO cute! guh!
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

AMANDA!!
                            I'm not a fan of Shatner but would have loved to have seen Amanda being interviewed by him...I wonder if he's a fan of hers...if not now but before he met her?
                            Thanks for the update Sally...have fun!!
                            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

amanda was such a fangirl with william shatner. i can relate, b/c he's one of my oldest crushes!

but she was SOOO cute! guh!
                              i love seeing amanda being all fangirly! another one of those endearing qualities she has that keeps her so down to earth

and sally when is she not SOOO cute

Comment

What's this about an AT/ William Shatner interview?

(See what happens when one goes to Seattle and somehow manages to *lose* internet access in the land of Microsoft?)
                                sigpic
                                Mourning Sanctuary.
                                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Working...
                                X