Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a really good story that focusses mainly on Sam:

Executive Order by Soleya rated T: When President Hayes goes to examine the workings of the SGC personally, and goes offworld, he learns a valuable lesson when everything goes south and he winds up running for his life with Sam in charge of saving him. Adventure/drama.

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
      *sneaks in*
      I was inspired and thought I'd share.

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z259/luvjandt/Wallies/th_AmandaTapping7-10.png

*sneaks out.
      inspired indeed! awesome work, and thanks for sharing

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
      As overjoyed as I am that we have these new AT CC pics, I'm a *tiny* bit sad that yet another big Amanda event has gone by and I've missed it, and most likely will miss MANY more , I was wondering, who from here went to CC and is going to Amanda's other cons?

Let's make a list.

CC: No

TSE: No

AT5: No

Of course.
      rocky, the only person stopping you from going to any of these cons is you... if i lived so centrally to many of these cons id have been attending CC and TSE in a heartbeat...

Originally posted by samcartersg1 View Post
      Reason 1 million why Amanda is awesome - not only did I get a cast signed poster at comic con - but she signed her SG1 Jacket for me
      wow that is soooo awesome! the jacket looks great
      "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
        Reminder of upcoming special event. . .Hope to see you there!
        You have me so excited! I have all kinds of fun stuff ready to be shared!!
        sigpic
        || acrazyobsession on AO3 & Tumblr || My DeviantArt ||

Comment

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
          rocky, the only person stopping you from going to any of these cons is you... if i lived so centrally to many of these cons id have been attending CC and TSE in a heartbeat...
          I want to go believe me there is nothing I want more, but like I said I'm not quite there yet. A user told me: "she might be out of the spotlight by the time you decide your good enough."

And that's true, she might, which is why I have to work harder and faster. As for the bold, if I would have probably gone to a con already if I were more like you, or anyone else here, but unfortunately I'm like me, so I haven't.

Comment

I want to go believe me there is nothing I want more, but like I said I'm not quite there yet. A user told me: "she might be out of the spotlight by the time you decide your good enough."

And that's true, she might, which is why I have to work harder and faster. As for the bold, if I would have probably gone to a con already if I were more like you, or anyone else here, but unfortunately I'm like me, so I haven't.
            they are right, you may very well miss out by the time you decide you are 'good enough'...
            "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

@amandatapping Enjoying being home after an amazing comicon! William Shatner interview! Shamelessly kissed him. Squeeee! Thanks to Syfy and all the fans!!

@amandatapping Seriously had a great time. Our fans are quite simply the best. Gracious, funny, intelligent, sweet and so totally giving. Yeah you guys!!

@amandatapping So looking forward to #TSE this weekend! GABIT team rocks!! And love to our cast and crew for donating time for S4K! Xo

@amandatapping @12jenny camping was awesome! Kayaking in paradise. Desolation Sound is beautiful. No phones no computers. Eagles, seals and quiet. Lovely

@amandatapping So looking forward to #TSE this weekend! GABIT team rocks!! And love to our cast and crew for donating time for S4K! Xo

That's our Amanda. I love these tweets, especially the second one because that truly is who Amanda is and what she thinks of her fans.

Comment

^ great tweets as usual she is so generous in praise to her fans, coworkers, etc (amanda)

shamelessly kissed william shatner, lol! and she squee'd

so happy to hear she had a great time camping with her family!

Comment

I cut out the AT-Shatner interview for those who just want Amanda's part.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3ENjLg89KE

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post

Thanks!
                    No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                    It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Some more photos from the Tweethouse party.

Comment

Wonderful, thanks.

Comment

You are totally missing the point. AT does not care what we look like. She appreciates us for who we are. As we all should do.

@amandatapping Enjoying being home after an amazing comicon! William Shatner interview! Shamelessly kissed him. Squeeee! Thanks to Syfy and all the fans!!

@amandatapping Seriously had a great time. Our fans are quite simply the best. Gracious, funny, intelligent, sweet and so totally giving. Yeah you guys!!

@amandatapping @12jenny camping was awesome! Kayaking in paradise. Desolation Sound is beautiful. No phones no computers. Eagles, seals and quiet. Lovely

That's our Amanda. I love these tweets, especially the second one because that truly is who Amanda is and what she thinks of her fans.
                          See, you said it yourself.

On an unrelated note they are filming a new Canadian TV show locally called Men With Brooms. (There was a movie version with Paul Gross of Due South fame). They recently had a contest for a behind-the-scenes tour. I entered as what could be better, a BTS tour on a show about curling! Unfortunately I didn't win. Guess I'll have to content myself with the consolation prize of the walk-on on sanctuary. Still, a sad day.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Love the pictures, but what is a tweethouse party? Never heard about this....I assume it is at ComicCon?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89

Rocky - If you wait until you think you are worthy, you might have totally missed the boat. Life is too short for such things. Being worthy is a concept not a reality. And concepts are ALWAYS in the mind of the beholder.

Amanda Tapping is, in reality, a really nice lovely person who is fortunate enough to have acquired fame. She doesn't flaunt her fame but shares it with everyone which is what makes her special. She enjoys her fans as much as they enjoy her. The fact that you are her fan is all it takes to make you worthy. NOTHING ELSE.

I am old enough to tell you a truth....YOU WILL NEVER SATISFY YOURSELF BECAUSE THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS PERFECTION OR SATISFYING YOURSELF. However, you will one day be so old that you can't do the things you really want to do. And when that day happens all you will have is regrets. Don't live a life of regrets. There is no satisfaction or enjoyment in that.

Take a chance, take the first step, don't be afraid. The only rejection you face is your own, no one elses. Life is too short to stay hidden away from it. Take that first step.
                              sigpic

Comment

Hey everyone,

Originally posted by katjoy View Post

I have to completely agree with Katjoy here Rocky, it is only you who prevents you attending conventions! Amanda really doesn't care what anybody looks like, she always sees the persons inner beauty. Your as big a fan of hers as any of us so we shouldn't need to tell you that. It may be that you have low self esteem issues but believe me most people will deal with these types of issues at some point in their lives, please don't let this be what prevents you from reaching your goals or living out your dreams. You only get one life, if you have the money and want to go then bite the bullet!
                                Originally posted by parsifal View Post

Thank you so much it was great to see Amanda, and she was having such fun too!

Julia(samcarterrules)
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Working...
                                X