No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rocky, just be who you are. Don't let others dictate what you should be. If your shy, embrace it but don't see it as a handicap. If your good with numbers, take advantage of that fact. What I'm trying to say is that we all have different personalities and talents. I love this fact. Having friends who have something to contribute, no matter what that might be, is amazing.

Take for example your talent for making vids or digging up trivia/interviews/pics of Amanda I've never seen before. I don't really have an interest in the hunt, so your sharing something you love with others and we all mutually benefit from your passion. It's a win-win situation.

Find what makes you tick and go with it, no matter what that might be. We're all special in many different ways and having that diversity is what makes you special and unique...and I'm sure very much loved by those who know you.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
      i was showing my mom this one sam vid, and a few seconds into it, she said, 'gawd, i miss this show'... i know the feeling.

i was *finally* thinking of buying the seasons on dvd. i looked it up on amazon, but it seems some ppl weren't happy with the conditions of the dvds when you bought them in the complete seasons package. i'm not sure what to do now...

but anyways, i miss sg1 and sam!!
      i own all seasons on dvd and they are fine so i recommend you get them because you sound like i do when i am having an SG1 withdrawal
      sigpic
      The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
        [SPOILERS]
        Congratulations to the Spaniards on their World Cup win and commiserations to the Dutch community for their loss.
        (((Samandans)))
        OT:
        Spoiler:
        And condolences to all those injured and killed in the attacks on the revelers afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
          Remember, there are things we judge ourselves harshly for that no one else cares about. Taking being short for example, I have friends that worry about their heights constantly but I don't even notice or care. Until their head looks like a comfortable resting spot for my chin or something
          That's when I'd move really fast and let you fall. heehee.
          sigpic
          I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

would anyone be interested in making a sam vid (or s/j vid) from this song - http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1w...-falling_music

sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
              That's when I'd move really fast and let you fall. heehee.
              Hehe- thud.
              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

a nice little sam and jack fic
                http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6134801/1/
                penguin warning
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                  Not really... I admire people and I admire certain traits that other people have and think I want to be like that, too! So I let them inspire me..

*respectfully snipped*
                  Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  To be honest, I'd have to say yeah, sure. But not anymore. When I was yo...years ago I used to wish I was anyone but me. But I've learned to look at life a lot differently now and appreciate what I have and who I am. And sure there are days when I wish I was someone else but more in a fanciful way than in reality. Sure, I'd love to have more money than I have, I'd love to be able to work in an environment where I didn't have to watch over my back or have panic attacks on my way to my job...sure I'd love to have more confidence, be smarter, and all that glitz and glam, but I am still lucky to have what I have. I have rediscovered happiness in my marriage, I have two beautiful amazing healthy children whom I thought I would never have and am very proud of. I have the most amazing friends in the world...or rather should I say in my best Jeremy Clarkson voice........................................................................... .......................In the world!!!
                  Life is a huge leaning curve...sometimes it almost seems like the grass is greener on the other side but it's not....unless you poison the grass on the other side! But what I'm saying is that it may seem that the next person is having a better time than you or is someone you wish you would rather be but just remember that no one has a perfect life...we all have ups and downs and friends and relatives that drive us up the wall. It's nice to dream a little but it's important to remember to appreciate what you have. Coz sadly, there's always someone worse off than yourself.
                  Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                  Rocky, just be who you are. Don't let others dictate what you should be. If your shy, embrace it but don't see it as a handicap. If your good with numbers, take advantage of that fact. What I'm trying to say is that we all have different personalities and talents. I love this fact. Having friends who have something to contribute, no matter what that might be, is amazing.

*respectfully snipped*
                  very well said everyone! excellent advice!

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                  Remember, there are things we judge ourselves harshly for that no one else cares about. Taking being short for example, I have friends that worry about their heights constantly but I don't even notice or care. Until their head looks like a comfortable resting spot for my chin or something
                  my brother thinks my head is an excellent chin rest
                  "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Hey guys - don't forget to vote for Amanda and others at the Portal awards. Just a friendly reminder. I'd love to see Amanda get this one. Cheers everyone. xo
                    Portal Awards 2010
                    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Just purchased my plane ticket for San Diego Comic Con - Only 11 days until I see Amanda!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by samcartersg1 View Post
                        Just purchased my plane ticket for San Diego Comic Con - Only 11 days until I see Amanda!
                        Enjoy! Come back and let us know how it went.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Cool Have fun cant wait to hear all about it
                          sigpic
                          (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

cool, so exciting! cant wait to hear all about it - id love to go to comic con have a great time
                            "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Hi ho peoples! Please, don't forget to vote for Amanda and others at the Portal awards. Just a friendly reminder. I'd love to see Amanda get this one. Cheers everyone. xo
                              Portal Awards 2010
                              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

SO jealous of all going to Comic Con Can't wait for stories/pics/Vids!

Also thank you so much to everyone who reposts the link to the Portal awards... I ALWAYS forget...

Also - a very cute Amanda story from someone I was chatting with yesterday.

He used to work around the Vancouver Airport, and they apparantly used to film Stargate (Atlantis, mainly) at some area right around where he worked. The crew used to take over the airport ppl's parking spaces, so in trying to make up for it they would allow the airport workers to come have craft services and stuff whenever they wanted.
                                So the guy one time was just milling about, having lunch, and Amanda happened to be there with Olivia. She was preparing/cutting up a sandwich into little bites for Olivia, but thought that my friend was some kind of mucky-muck or something, and so the entire time she was apoligizing and saying sorry and trying to hurry because she was so concerned about holding anyone up

I just thought the whole picture/idea of that was super cute and completely Amanda. I've heard stories of stars thinking they owned the place and would make everyone else wait... not our Girl
                                The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                                |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Working...
                                X