• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NearlyCircular View Post

NC
    Originally posted by Daivy View Post
    Happy Birthday Myrth !

Happy Birthday SG1Poz !
    Originally posted by Celandine View Post
    Yay! Glad to see you here! You are definitely true to your word m'dear. Was wonderful hanging out with you and I'm truly looking forward to AT5 and meeting the hubby. Nice that you could rope him into the fun.

Welcome to Samanda! Amanda has this effect on many so your not alone whatsoever. I've loved her since WoO in S4 and been completely hooked since.

Ditto! Hope you both a brilliant day full of fun!

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
    Happy Birthday Myrth and SG1Poz

Hope you both had a good day, with cake and fun
    Originally posted by EH-T View Post
    Ditto. Come by and share the cake anytime.

Thank you everyone!!

Comment

Welcome 2Shy Love the moniker

I'm a lurker for the most part but a true Samandan at heart.

I became an Amanda Tapping fan after being awed with her acting and charisma. I had heard of how well she treated her fans as the seasons went by but was dumbstruck when I received an email of encouragement from her just before a very serious back surgery. To tell you the truth, I almost choked on my lunch as I was at work on my lunch break when I saw it in my mailbox She is an amazing woman who's success has never changed her warm personality and friendly nature.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Shy View Post
        You don't happen to have a link to said interview, because I think I've actually missed it. Is it recent?
        http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...amanda.tapping

Comment

Happy Birthday Myrth!

Comment

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
            The little things were brilliant! The pins were beautiful, the hand sanitiser was handy and the mirrors were cute. Not sure what I'm going to do with mine yet, hmm.
            I forgot to buy a copy of Julia's book prior to the auto session and then didn't manage to get back to get it signed, but it's okay because I gave it away yesterday morning to a friend who needs to have it and I wouldn't have been able to do that if I'd got it signed *g* I'll get the next one signed.
            The pins are wicked!! My fave was "Scone?"...won't tell you what happened to my hand sanitiser...on the plane!!! Whoops!!
            I've already used my mirror...sadly! Mirrors don't like me much but this one shall be treasured!
            As for Julia's book...I started reading it somewhere over Mumbai and finished it somewhere over the top end of Australia...and I highly recommend it to all women. I need to get more copies...it's a fabulously awesome book! - much like the author herself.
            Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
            Out of everyone who went to AT4, you're the one I've been waiting to hear a report from. I love your posts, and you've been waiting to meet Amanda like crazy so I can't wait to see your awesome pics and read your report. I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip, and I hope you get home to your family safe. .
            You might be waiting a little bit longer yet Rocky...I'm just trying to get back into some sort of "normal" routine here at home again and thus far it's been disastrous! As for pics...I have some on my camera but can't get them off til I get my USB ports repaired...hopefully sooner rather than later!
            Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
            Thank you Cel. I've snurched quite a few. That's the trouble being an organiser, you don't have time to take piccies.
            Hugs to those with con withdrawal symptoms.
            Mumsey
            I haven't had the con blues yet...I mean I miss everyone and it was the most amazing experience and everyone was just....awesome! But right now I am revelling at being home again.
            Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
            Thanks to everyone sharing their AT4 pictures! They're wonderful!
            And scifi wire has posted the 3rd part of AT's lunch with the SGU ladies: http://scifiwire.com/2009/11/amanda-...and-the-wo.php
            There's a cute part near the end where AT describes how excited Olivia was that her mom got to have lunch with Mulan.
            Thank you!!! That was cute!!
            Originally posted by Fresh_Horse View Post
            Gabit always sells buttons at their events. Those buttons have quotes from SG 1 and - for the first time this year - Sanctuary on them. I've bought a few over the years.
            Wanna play a little game of guess the episode?

SG1:

Tense? Me?
            Spoiler:
            Ascension

Got the pin!!!!

It's not the batteries.
            Spoiler:
            The light??

Are we done?

I talk to my plans, OK?
            Spoiler:
            One false step

Let's get some Lunch
            Spoiler:
            Sight unseen

Next year I'm gonna kick butt!
            Spoiler:
            Space race

Don't say take it easy
            Spoiler:
            Ascension

It's done. It's just not finished.
            Spoiler:
            Death knell

Got the pin with this one too!!!

Sanctuary:

This chaos was completely avoidable
            Spoiler:
            First epi!

It's on my To Do List!
            Can't wait for all the answers...some of them I have no idea what ep they are from.
            Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
            I've uploaded Amanda's visit on InnerSpace, there are 3 parts, if one isn't coming in, give it a little time and it will.
            Big Spoilers for tonight's episode Veritas in part 3

http://www.youtube.com/user/mandy90sg1

individual parts will be on this page.
            *usual disclaimer, don't expect good quality from a tv, vcr and digital camera*
            I do think Amanda was under the influence of jet lag... she did giggle a lot
            ETA: A big huge thanks to Ann, for helping me last night with the technical stuff
            Part 3 won't load for me and instead crashed the puter twice...d'oh! But thanks for the links all the same!
            Originally posted by EH-T View Post
            Still trying to catch up and just read AT's interview from the Huffington Post. LOVE this part:
            "Because I'm a luddite. I'm happy chiseling my grocery list into a rock."
            Made me lol (I like her jokes as well)
            Well at least she has a grocery list...I just wing it and get what I think I don't have.
            Originally posted by parsifal View Post
            Amanda Tapping’s Guilty Geek Pleasures
            http://www.geekchicdaily.com/story/a...geek-pleasures
            Thank you!!!
            Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
            It's an interview she did with Jenna Busch that came out last week: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jenna-..._b_350257.html
            Thank you!!!
            Originally posted by slurredspeech View Post
            Mhmm. Can't wait for this ep's podcast. Should be interesting.
            Just a quick question or should I say request...does anyone have links to the ep podcasts for Eulogy onwards??? Thank you!
            After the wonderful weekend that was AT4 where I got to hang out with so many of you GW and Samanda regulars I solemnly swore that I would start to hang around here more often.
            It's great to see you here 2Shy!!! And it was a pleasure to have met you at AT4!
            I have another idea: if you want, but don't have to shall we have a round of:
            When did you became a fan of Amanda Tapping?
            4 years ago. As for why...I don't know exactly...she lured me into this fandom with her awesomeness that is her!!

Happy Birthday
            Myrth!
            SG1Poz
            and
            Ann

And on that note, I'm off to dust and vac the house....get right back into routine!! Iz glad to be home!!!

(((Samandans)))
            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
              Just a quick question or should I say request...does anyone have links to the ep podcasts for Eulogy onwards??? Thank you!
              Enjoy it here, or with a (vague) description for each one. (Got a lot of catching up to do, I suppose? )

Welcome back.
              you're so cute when you're slurring your speech but they're closing the bar and they want us to leave

'What is it, Sebastian? I'm arranging matches.'

"Religion is far more of a choice than homosexuality. And the protections that we have, for religion --we protect religion-- and talk about a lifestyle choice! That is absolutely a choice. Gay people don't choose to be gay. At what age did you choose not to be gay?" (Jon Stewart, The King of Common Sense)

Comment

You might be waiting a little bit longer yet Rocky...I'm just trying to get back into some sort of "normal" routine here at home again and thus far it's been disastrous! As for pics...I have some on my camera but can't get them off til I get my USB ports repaired...hopefully sooner rather than later!

And on that note, I'm off to dust and vac the house....get right back into routine!! Iz glad to be home!!!

(((Samandans)))
                Welcome back Chelle, I'm sure it's good to be home, and I'm glad you had fun. Of course take your time, after all I'm sure you're just glad to be home with your family.

Comment

Originally posted by slurredspeech View Post
                  Enjoy it here, or with a (vague) description for each one. (Got a lot of catching up to do, I suppose? )

Welcome back.
                  Thank you...and thank you!!!
                  "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Happy Birthday Myrth !

Happy Birthday SG1Poz !
                    Ditto! Hope you both had a great day!

How did I become an AT fan?

The first time I saw AT was in her X-Files ep, though as I had no idea who she was at the time, my main reaction was 'ouch' at her character's fate. Didn't get into Stargate until my boyfriend showed me WoO, Heroes, and Lost City, and as I watched more eps Sam quickly became my favorite character. A visit to her website turned me into an AT fan as well and it's been all downhill from there.

And welcome to all the newcomers! It's fun to see so many new 'faces'.
                    Last edited by EvenstarSRV; 22 November 2009, 08:56 PM. Reason: too little sleep

sigpic

Comment

definite penguin alert but a cute turkey day fic, courtesy of our own rachel

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5524715/1/

Universal Conspiracies
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

when/why did i become a sam/amanda fan

Well, when I started watching the show, it was for rick. Hey, an hour of MacGyver a week, fantastic!

and i watched season one on syndication and got into it. I liked the team thing. I liked that there was this girl on the team that was really a part of it. She was the 'sister' of the group, so to speak. She was someone i could identify with as a woman working in a largely male dominated industry. And she wasn't all boobs or sex, she was just there. and was pretty real.

she was someone i could identify with and she was someone that portrayed some ideals. a person just doing their job and doing the best they could. and she wasn't the hyper pretty, super sexy cliche...she was a person.

I've learned more over the years to know that amanda is a person that sincerely and honestly does her best. she doesn't backstab or manipulate. she's someone that did her job, paid her dues and has the strength of her reputation to go with the strength of her talents and ambition to really do things in the industry.

she's someone that lives her life and pursues her dreams and has never gotten lost in her ego.
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

The first episode I ever saw of SG1 was when my brother started watching it, and I stumbled upon Brief Candle... I thought "Hm. weird creepy old guy... w/e" But the next ep I ran across was Solitudes. I thought "Hm. Somethin's going on here between those two... And I like that the girl is saving the guy" and pretty much from then on I started watching, and was immediately hooked onto the pure female power that was Sam. By the third season I started looking things up online, and by the time the season finale "Nemesis" aired, I was entrenched in the online world of spoilers and sneak previews, pictures and music videos...

The first time I met Amanda in 2001 was the affirmation of all my hopes and dreams that she would turn out to be the most wonderful, funny, genuine, beautiful, wonderful amazing person i'd ever met. To this day she has kept that special spot in my heart and mind! Yaaaaaaay

A quick note on the last few eps of Sanctuary

Spoiler:
                          WOOOOW amazing. I thought Pavor Nocturnus was just SO intense and amazing. Everyone did SOOOO well. Veritas this week was just incredible as well - I LOVE her directing style - she uses light and contrast so wonderfully... and of course when she started knocking people out to escape... I couldn't stop squealing I've never had a season of a TV show where I was SO excited for so many of the eps... I'm SOOO excited for this week's "Next Tuesday"
                          The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                          |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Happy Birthday and Belated Birthday wishes to everyone I've missed since my last post.

I was skimming the backlog and parsifal had posted this:
                            Amanda Tapping’s Guilty Geek Pleasures
                            http://www.geekchicdaily.com/story/a...geek-pleasures
                            OMG that right there (okay maybe not the iPhone ap thing) is why I love me some Amanda Tapping. Fangirling over Marina Siritis, John De Lancie and Sigourney Weaver. I tell my friends all the time who don't get how I can be so casual with a lot of the actors I've met over the years that it's because they're just like US and Amanda's fangirling over Marina, John and Sigourney hits home. She's just like us. She has people she fangirls over. It's too cute.

Glad to hear that everyone who attended AT4 had such a grand time and so much money was raised for Sanctuary4Kids. That's awesome!

Laters!
                            sigpic
                            I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

the first ep of stargate i saw was window of opportunity and from that point on i had to see every other ep of stargate there was... sam has always been my fave character... she is an amazing character who is strong, smart, independent, funny and caring... she is part of the team, not the girl on the team... and it wasnt long before i was looking up AT online and came across her website and started reading about amanda... from here i became a huge fan of amandas as well, i dont usually gravitate to the actors but in amandas case i cant help but be drawn to the amazing, kind, down to earth person that she is... someone who has worked so hard to get where she is and yet has not developed an ego... someone who uses her standing to help others and can light up my day just seeing her smile... i am very proud to call myself a samandan and am very glad that i found this little paradise on GW to call home...

Thank you, I know I will
                              youre welcome

Originally posted by Brunhilde View Post
                              Hi, newbie here My Amanda Tapping appreciation really started when I caught the second season of Sanctuary on ITV4...from then on it has become a downward slide in to so far having watched the first three seasons of Stargate (in a couple of weeks...yeah, I'm at University, it's causing trouble with the whole work thing!) and fully intending to get to season...10, is it?!
                              Obviously I think she's awesome!
                              welcome to samandan

Originally posted by es! View Post
                              Hi all!

Another Sam fan reports for duty!

I didn't know any of the cast when I began watching the show a couple of months ago. After season one, I was uncertain whether I liked Sam or Daniel most. They both are smart and witty and they look great!

Now, mid season 4, I'm pretty sure that Sam is my number one Maybe it's the writing, or the actress, or both Besides, she looks way better with Jack than Daniel would ever do (no offence to Jack/Daniel shippers - if there are any around).

What can I say about myself? I'm currently living in Austria. I'm a Ph.D. student and a mother to one little terrorist, and I spend way too much time with shipping

I do avatars, manips, vids, I write stories, but mainly for Star Trek: Voyager. I have already met plently of talented, creative people here on GW, and I am sure I will go over to creating Stargate art some day.

cheers
                              es
                              welcome to samandan

i love star trek voyager as well

Originally posted by Fresh_Horse View Post
                              BTT: AT rocks!

How did I become a fan?
                              I watched the pilot but got turned off by the whole "reproductive organs" bit. Some time later I caught Solitudes while I was at a friend's house and she wanted to tape the ep for another friend.
                              She spoiled the end for me because she thought I knew the show. However, I thought the episode was brilliant and it is still one of my favorites.

That was in 2000. In 2003 I met Amanda at a convention and although I had already been a Sam fan by then I was blown away by Amanda.
                              I just instantly liked the woman.
                              I think that we've all posted similar stories here. If you meet her she is like the nicest person you can imagine. She looks you in the eye and she talks person to person to you and not "actor to fan".

She's great!
                              im glad i didnt see stargate from the start for that very reason... im glad that my first intro to sam was as the sam we know and love, not with that line...

The pins are wicked!! My fave was "Scone?"...won't tell you what happened to my hand sanitiser...on the plane!!! Whoops!!
                              I've already used my mirror...sadly! Mirrors don't like me much but this one shall be treasured!
                              As for Julia's book...I started reading it somewhere over Mumbai and finished it somewhere over the top end of Australia...and I highly recommend it to all women. I need to get more copies...it's a fabulously awesome book! - much like the author herself.
                              (((Samandans)))
                              welcome back chelle btw, whats the name of julia's book...

Happy Birthday Myrth !

Happy Birthday SG1Poz !
                              "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Originally Posted by Daivy
                                I have another idea: if you want, but don't have to shall we have a round of:
                                When did you became a fan of Amanda Tapping?
                                I first saw her in Goosebumps and then in the X-files i then wanted to know what else she was in and i found Stargate SG-1 i had seen some eps every know and again becase i was watching Xena at the time but what realy stuck with me about Stargate was how strong Amanda'a charcater was i've alway's been shy and very quiet person afraid of everything the first eps i saw was Emancipation i love that 1 watching Amanda and seeing all the behind the scene's and interview's and know Sanctuary Amanda has helped me come out of my shell there's not much of it left

I became a major fan after seeing alot of Stargate i've still got my vid's
                                sigpic
                                (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Working...
                                X