Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
    For anyone who might want to watch it, the five-minute preview clip from SGU 1x01 features a little bit of Sam.
    Hate to be a pain...but does anyone have the link to that?

Neep...why not call your little fella "Henry"! Magnus is a cool name but I agree with Sky that it might get shortened to Maggie. Pavlov sounds like a mouthful for such a little pooch!

Gotta choof...no rest for the wicked!!

Happy Fathers day to all the dad's out there!
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post

Neep...why not call your little fella "Henry"! Magnus is a cool name but I agree with Sky that it might get shortened to Maggie. Pavlov sounds like a mouthful for such a little pooch!

Gotta choof...no rest for the wicked!!

Happy Fathers day to all the dad's out there!
      Chelle, Henry was actually one of the first names on my list! Magnus shouldn't be shortened because it's a a boy puppy. Telsa is awesome too... Unless he really doesn't suit it when he arrives, it will probably be Magnus
      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Here you go.
        YouTube seems to be taking them down. Copyright infringement and all.
        you're so cute when you're slurring your speech but they're closing the bar and they want us to leave

'What is it, Sebastian? I'm arranging matches.'

"Religion is far more of a choice than homosexuality. And the protections that we have, for religion --we protect religion-- and talk about a lifestyle choice! That is absolutely a choice. Gay people don't choose to be gay. At what age did you choose not to be gay?" (Jon Stewart, The King of Common Sense)

Comment

Originally posted by slurredspeech View Post
          So, um, yeah. I've made a Carter vid which got finished due to my huge finishing college angst (procrastination > responsibilities).

Had immense fun doing it as well, since I played with things in a way I don't normally do (i.e. with Color Corrector I usually go RGB reddish which I decided didn't fit the mood of this vid; different style of cropping clips was also a fun challenge) but I nervously digress.

Hope you like, and all that jazz. If this is in any way inappropriate for this thread, please to be unleashing the Keyboard Cat on me and deleting this post.
          Nice vid! You had some of my favorite eps in there of Sam and I loved the color you chose for it. Most unusual, but very fitting. Well done with it!

Comment

Hey Jan....hope all is good....Can't wait for Sanctuary.....woohooo...AT ROcks...

http://sanctuary-caps.com/index.php
            Check out my fanfichttp://www.fanfiction.net/u/1763762/staceydj

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
              Thanks. If I join facebook I have to give up my Luddite membership.

My question is: how are things progressing with Sanctuary For Kids?
              Posted.

Also, Coronach posted this link on the SGU discussion thread to an entry on David Blue's blog about Comic-con and it has a nice picture of him and AT: http://www.david-blue.com/Blue/Blog/...omic-Con!.html

He also said this about her:
              Amanda Tapping. So friggin’ amazing! She’s THE sweetest, friendliest and most genuine woman ever. Had a great conversation with her. Hopefully just one of many to come.
              I think AT has a new fan.

sigpic

Comment

^

and such nice words
                "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

So, um, yeah. I've made a Carter vid which got finished due to my huge finishing college angst (procrastination > responsibilities).

Had immense fun doing it as well, since I played with things in a way I don't normally do (i.e. with Color Corrector I usually go RGB reddish which I decided didn't fit the mood of this vid; different style of cropping clips was also a fun challenge) but I nervously digress.

Hope you like, and all that jazz. If this is in any way inappropriate for this thread, please to be unleashing the Keyboard Cat on me and deleting this post.
                  That was great. Love the part where Sam bops Ba'al!

Originally posted by suse View Post
                  And Mandy would know.

<<just kidding, Mandy is great it just begged to be said>>

Not that Neep asked for names, but I think Tesla would be cool too.

suse
                  Now we're suggesting names? EH-T is a great name for a dog! (wait a minute, that didn't come out right )

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                  Join us in the 21st century. It's nice here. Really. bwahahaha
                  Some aspects yes, others not so much.

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                  Posted.

Also, Coronach posted this link on the SGU discussion thread to an entry on David Blue's blog about Comic-con and it has a nice picture of him and AT: http://www.david-blue.com/Blue/Blog/...omic-Con!.html

Thanks for posting my question and for the link.

Yup, can't meet her and not be a fan (or even more of a fan).

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Just dropping in to very happily announce...

The Women of the Gate Ficathon is here!

We've posted all the initial fics and the artwork submitted.

There's some great fics (even if I say so myself) - and quite a few Sam centric - so please go check them out!

You can find the community here!

Thanks to everyone here who has supported and taken part. We've had our best submission return for quite some time. I think Deejay would be is proud to see it continue.
                    Last edited by Rachel500; 07 September 2009, 11:45 AM.
                    sigpic
                    Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                    My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

yes, go and read. There's some great fic there along with some gorgeous artwork
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
                        Just dropping in to very happily announce...

The Women of the Gate Ficathon is here!

We've posted all the initial fics and the artwork submitted.

There's some great fics (even if I say so myself) - and quite a few Sam centric - so please go check them out!

You can find the community here!

Thanks to everyone here who has supported and taken part. We've had our best submission return for quite some time. I think Deejay would be is proud to see it continue.
                        Wow, fabulous stories and banners, all of them. Major thanks and kudos to all of the writers and artists!

I feel bad because I'd signed up for this, it was going to be my first attempt at writing, and then promptly forgot about it in the craziness of moving, starting school, and other RL stuff. Hopefully next time around I'll be able to put something together.

sigpic

Comment

you know, if you have the idea you can still work on it.

Just because you - o ranyone - didn't make the deadline doesn't mean you cant' finish the fic.

just whenever it happens

sigpic

Comment

What I meant was that looking at the pictures that they had on IMDB, out of all the pics, I think I really do love her hair she has now. The long curly brown locks suit her soooo well!
                            I wasn't sure at first, it was a real shock to me, but now I love her hair . After all, it's not all about the hair, it's all about the woman under it .

(((Amanda)))

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            here's an idea for discussion/fun. Anyone have a collection of caps? Wanna post them one at a time or so and have a 'guess the scene/episode' game?
                            Guess this-

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                            In Chicago, my observant self noticed that Amanda's hair had a few lighter, slightly reddish streaks running through it. Made it more seem more natural in my opinion, especially in the summer with the sun beating down on our heads and pulling out the highlights. She was beautiful and I got my three hugs in that weekend with her so I was happy.

Can we do Sanctuary caps or just exclusively SG1? It's obvious the hair will be a dead giveaway, but some scenes might still be tricky to pinpoint.
                            Oh I didn't know you went to Chicago . Do you have any pics? And congrats on getting 3 hugs from her, can I have one?

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
                            For anyone who might want to watch it, the five-minute preview clip from SGU 1x01 features a little bit of Sam.
                            I think I wait until it comes out first .

Originally posted by kes View Post
                            The First Lady of Sci-Fi: Amanda Tapping
                            Might contain spoilers
                            http://tvblog.ugo.com/tv/amanda-tapping-interview
                            Originally posted by katjoy View Post
                            thanks kes

i loved this bit

Spoiler:
                            Often, we'll be running down the hallway and Martin (Wood, director) will yell "you just ran through a wall!" and it's like "oh crap, of course, ok we've got to turn left here.
                            Thanks for the heads up!

Thanks for the link! AT likes the Daily Show!
                            Thanks for this, I loved how they got it started, and what the said about Amanda.

Two chicks talkin' bout science fiction. One, your trusty UGO television editor and the other, an iconic genre vet and the face of one of the most celebrated franchises in sci-fi history, Stargate. That would be Amanda Tapping. Perhaps the hardest working woman in sci-fi.

Damn straight.

It was really cool reading about the types of shows Amanda likes, I think it's cool she likes The Daily Show, but I never would have figured her for a True blood fan . But what really surprised me was learning Amanda likes watching this-
                            Spoiler:

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                            thank you!
                            i'd like to know when this interview was actually done. the last question and amanda's answer makes me hope is 'very' recently...
                            I hope so too, I'm so buying the movie the day it comes out on DVD, just like I did with the others .

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                            What do you think guys? (off topic)

Spoiler:
                            I think I have whittled down the name choices for my little man to just 2.

Magnus: a big name for a little dog (he will grow to the size of a cat)

Pavlov (my sister's cat is called Shrodinger)

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/8...346114full.jpg

Oh that's cute, and I loved that he's it's named Magnus .

[SPOILERS]
                            <3<3<3 Two of my favorite things in the world. If she ever actually went on it and be interviewed by The Jon, I think the Universe would implode from so much awesomeness in one room.
                            I've never really seen The Daily Show, but of course I would if she went on . *Crosses fingers*

Comment

Cool vid .

Originally posted by staceyde View Post
                              Hey Jan....hope all is good....Can't wait for Sanctuary.....woohooo...AT ROcks...
                              Duh, we knew that.

Posted.

Amanda Tapping. So friggin’ amazing! She’s THE sweetest, friendliest and most genuine woman ever. Had a great conversation with her. Hopefully just one of many to come.
                              Thanks for that, she's looks great, and it does seem like she has a new fan, which isn't that hard for her to make .

Comment

the cap is from

Spoiler:
                                new order

as to shows, i tried true blood, the but accents killed me. too much sex, too much gore, too much bad accent. Dexter, on the other hand, rocks my socks. so does Tudors

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X