Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aske View Post
    In some of the pictures posted Amanda is crying. Why? Was it because of the money raised? Or did something else happen? They were very touching pictures.
    Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    if i know amanda, it was either

*we raised how much!!!*
    *good bye/closing ceremonies*
    What Sky wrote.

@ EH-T: I wish I could green you for your "glass half full" post!

lol @ incomplete set of Sanctuary DVDs.

Gabit always sells buttons at their events. Those buttons have quotes from SG 1 and - for the first time this year - Sanctuary on them. I've bought a few over the years.
    Wanna play a little game of guess the episode?

SG1:

Tense? Me?

It's not the batteries.

Are we done?

I talk to my plans, OK?

Let's get some Lunch

Next year I'm gonna kick butt!

Don't say take it easy

It's done. It's just not finished.

Sanctuary:

This chaos was completely avoidable

It's on my To Do List!

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine
      Just popping in to share a link to my pics from AT4. Snurching is allowed for your own personal memories, but please don't re-post as your own anywhere else. Thankies.

AT4 - Reflections
      Great pics, and so many memories, glad you put up so many of the attendees too, these are definitely going in my "AT4 memory bin"

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine
        Just popping in to share a link to my pics from AT4. Snurching is allowed for your own personal memories, but please don't re-post as your own anywhere else. Thankies.

AT4 - Reflections
        Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
        a small part of my pictures... I have a total of 566 pictures. But I only uploaded about 40ish, I think They are only Amanda Tapping, and others with her but nothing else.
        I am trying to get my 566 pictures uploaded onto megaupload, into a rar file, but it isn't working.

http://s573.photobucket.com/albums/s...nventions/AT4/

Please credit!!! It took me a while to put the RAW pictures into JPG and PNG.
        thanks for sharing cel and replicartertje the pix are awesome

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
        Thanks to all who have posted, sent a message or a green hug. I very much appreciate all your kindness.

A great part of life is how you tend to look upon the events, both good and bad, that happen to you. So here is my "glass is half full" version of the break in.

First, no one was hurt.

Second, the most important jewelry from a sentimental standpoint had been placed in my safety deposit box before my last trip. The advantage of being too busy since then to get them out? They were still there.

The advantage of being a luddite? I have no technology worth stealing. Seriously, my DVD player is colour blind and cannot record, only play. My TV is old enough that it would take 2 people to carry it away. It is not a new slim model. It has a middle-aged spread.

I was going to get a new more energy efficient door anyway.

They left most of my DVDs. Apparently, the burglars were not big fans of The Sound of Music, et al. Go figure.

Here is the funny part. You know what DVDs they did take? Sanctuary! So while of questionable moral character the thieves obviously have good taste in television shows. The other funny part? I had actually purchased 2 sets of Sanctuary DVDs to help their sales a bit. However, I took one set to London to give to another fan. On the bright side, sales will increase by one more unit when I go to buy a replacement set. Oh, one more thing. One of the Sanctuary discs was in my DVD player so they didn't get a full set. Serves them right. I hope when they sit down to watch it they are totally confused by the plot because they haven't seen the pilot.
        what luck that your jewelry was in a safety deposit box

a burglar with good taste hey... well that will teach them when they realise they are a disk short

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
        cheers

Happy Birthday Ann!
        Last edited by katjoy; 20 November 2009, 02:01 AM.
        "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

It's 3am and I've been up for over an hour. Yay jet lag!!

I've caught up on this thread and wanted to just drop and note to let everyone know that I got home safe.

Gah! I miss everyone so much. I just have to keep reminding myself that it is only 8 months until I can see some of you again (Eh-T and Titta!)

My beautiful Neep! And Little PengYn! and Cel and Lies and gah! I want to squish you all!

I was able to sort through the first day of pictures while still in London. Hopefully I'll get to the others later today (when it is not 3am).

Comment

I love everyone's AT4 pic's it looked like a blast

There is a HELEN and JOHN SHIPPER DAY! happening in a couple of week's so if you ship these two come join the shipper madness it start's when eps 10 airs
            sigpic
            (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post

I've caught up on this thread and wanted to just drop and note to let everyone know that I got home safe.

Gah! I miss everyone so much. I just have to keep reminding myself that it is only 8 months until I can see some of you again (Eh-T and Titta!)

My beautiful Neep! And Little PengYn! and Cel and Lies and gah! I want to squish you all!

I was able to sort through the first day of pictures while still in London. Hopefully I'll get to the others later today (when it is not 3am).
              welcome back glad you got home safe and sound

looking forward to seeing your pix when the jet lags gone
              "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Hi everyone,

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                Just a quick post to say I made it home safe. Unfortunately, my house was broken into while I was away. Apparently the place I come from is not so friendly after all. Off to chat with the police.
                Aww, I'm so sorry to hear that EH-T! Glad your OK though *hugs*
                Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                Happy Birthday ann_sgcfan!

Thanks to everyone sharing their AT4 pictures! They're wonderful!

And scifi wire has posted the 3rd part of AT's lunch with the SGU ladies: http://scifiwire.com/2009/11/amanda-...and-the-wo.php

There's a cute part near the end where AT describes how excited Olivia was that her mom got to have lunch with Mulan.
                Aww cute! Thanks for sharing.

Happy Birthday Ann!!!

AT4 pics almost finished uploading to photobucket!

Julia(samcarterrules)
                sigpic
                Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post

Jet lag sucks. Mine lasted for two days if you can believe it.

Welcome back to reality anyways. Eight months ain't that far off is it???

Happy Birthday Ann!

I do need to get my Xmas cards sorted out for GW. Hopefully all ones heading over the pond in both directions arrive in time. If not, you'll just get a little extra cheer to carry over into the New Year.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                    thanks, everyone, for sharing your at4 amanda pics!!
                    Are we in an alternate universe? I see our lovely founder is appearing as "guest"

maybe a GW hiccup?

Comment

AT4 pics: http://s179.photobucket.com/albums/w...T4%20-%202009/

If you see yourself and don't wish to be there ie posted publicly please let me know and I'll remove it right away.

I know this is a bit harsh but the photos have taken me 4 days to get so that everyone could see them so...AT4 attendees feel free to 'steel' them. Non-attendees please ask me before you 'steel'. Hope that is OK.

Julia(samcarterrules)
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                        Are we in an alternate universe? I see our lovely founder is appearing as "guest"

maybe a GW hiccup?
                        Yeah it was a hiccup, Sky said something about it on the 'ask the moderater' thread...

*hugs Sally* I can't even green ya

Comment

yeah, sally got 'lost' in the crash, but greg will do what he can to fix it. he knows about it
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                            AT4 pics: http://s179.photobucket.com/albums/w...T4%20-%202009/

If you see yourself and don't wish to be there ie posted publicly please let me know and I'll remove it right away.

I know this is a bit harsh but the photos have taken me 4 days to get so that everyone could see them so...AT4 attendees feel free to 'steel' them. Non-attendees please ask me before you 'steel'. Hope that is OK.

Julia(samcarterrules)
                            Wow, thanks a lot for those pics Julia.

I don't think it's harsh, I'm glad you want to protect your pics of Gabit, but don't worry, no would take them without asking you.

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post

maybe a GW hiccup?
                            Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                            Yeah it was a hiccup, Sky said something about it on the 'ask the moderater' thread...

*hugs Sally* I can't even green ya
                            Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            yeah, sally got 'lost' in the crash, but greg will do what he can to fix it. he knows about it
                            I saw that it said "guest" earlier but I didn't think much of it at the time, but after reading yours posts I checked out her profile and her pics are gone, and when I clicked "my controls" she's listed as N/A.

I'm glad to hear she's only lost and hat Greg will fix it. Btw has anyone else gotten lost in the crash?

Comment

I've uploaded Amanda's visit on InnerSpace, there are 3 parts, if one isn't coming in, give it a little time and it will.

Big Spoilers for tonight's episode Veritas in part 3

http://www.youtube.com/user/mandy90sg1

individual parts will be on this page.

*usual disclaimer, don't expect good quality from a tv, vcr and digital camera*

I do think Amanda was under the influence of jet lag... she did giggle a lot

ETA: A big huge thanks to Ann, for helping me last night with the technical stuff
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                                I've uploaded Amanda's visit on InnerSpace, there are 3 parts, if one isn't coming in, give it a little time and it will.

Big Spoilers for tonight's episode Veritas in part 3

http://www.youtube.com/user/mandy90sg1

individual parts will be on this page.

*usual disclaimer, don't expect good quality from a tv, vcr and digital camera*

I do think Amanda was under the influence of jet lag... she did giggle a lot

ETA: A big huge thanks to Ann, for helping me last night with the technical stuff
                                Awesome!!! I'm really enjoying seeing this, thanks so much Mandy!
                                Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Working...
                                X