Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
      I bet Carter would pown AD in the CPL
      no doubt, carter is pro

Comment

Interview spoilers:

Spoiler:
        Absolutely nothing about SGA. While I'm not necessarily concerned I find it interesting that she had the opportunity to do a movie in Barcelona - and turned it down because ===>(hopefully) they will be filming Sanctuary.

I can only assume she just isn't mentioning SGA because SciFi hasn't released the case list yet. Both she and Kamil did a very good job of avoiding the whole issue...

suse
        sigpic
        Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
          Seriously, while I think Amanda probably has more of a potty mouth than she uses with fans I'd bet it's the company she keeps that causes the potty out of self defense. <<looks pointedly at Chris Judge>>

Amanda said something about when she started she tried to fit in using the boy-talk. She discovered it didn't work, tried some other stuff, then was herself. (I remember this because it's part of a clip someone recently posted. JanSam?)

But I have absolutely no doubt she can give as good as she gets.

suse
          Of course she gives as good as she gets. She grew up with three brothers, two of whom were older than she. She's had plenty of practice.

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
          Yeppers if you think you're remembering what I told you...then you're right.

Scapers are such potty mouths...well all the fun ones are anyway.

Around small children and my mom I'm pretty sugary.
          Before I started teaching, I worked in a daycare center. When I'm at work, my language and manners are squeaky clean. I did, however, swear in front of a student once. I used the f-word in reference to his frequent marijuana use. He was shocked because he had never heard me swear before. That I swore was more than enough for him to realize how serious I was. It only works when you never swear, because it will never be as effective as the first time you do it.

I think swearing is contagious with me. When I'm at a con, I swear all the time because I've picked up on all the usage around me. Sometimes I surprise myself at how overboard I go.
          sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
          May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
            Of course she gives as good as she gets. She grew up with three brothers, two of whom were older than she. She's had plenty of practice.

Before I started teaching, I worked in a daycare center. When I'm at work, my language and manners are squeaky clean. I did, however, swear in front of a student once. I used the f-word in reference to his frequent marijuana use. He was shocked because he had never heard me swear before. That I swore was more than enough for him to realize how serious I was. It only works when you never swear, because it will never be as effective as the first time you do it.

I think swearing is contagious with me. When I'm at a con, I swear all the time because I've picked up on all the usage around me. Sometimes I surprise myself at how overboard I go.
            She surprises me too. <<adjusts halo>>

You'd think after being con-buddies (and best friends for...15??... ) years I'd be used to it.

suse
            awaiting scathing rebuttal
            sigpic
            Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

awaiting scathing rebuttal
              Me too
              I wonder if we can get scifithinker to spill some good con stories
              -

Comment

Interview spoilers:

Spoiler:
                Absolutely nothing about SGA. While I'm not necessarily concerned I find it interesting that she had the opportunity to do a movie in Barcelona - and turned it down because ===>(hopefully) they will be filming Sanctuary.

I can only assume she just isn't mentioning SGA because SciFi hasn't released the case list yet. Both she and Kamil did a very good job of avoiding the whole issue...

suse
                Spoiler:
                i haven't listened to the interview yet (is d/ling), but i wish there was a losing-one's-mind smiley because I NEED ONE RIGHT NOW!!!

WHY CAN'T WE FIND OUT IF AMANDA'S GOING TO BE IN SEASON 5?!?!?

*shaky*

*is very frustrated*

but as soon as the d/l is done, i'll listen to wonderful amanda.

*tries not to think about NO INFO about s5*

sally

sally

sigpic

Comment

Interview spoilers:

Spoiler:

suse
                  Spoiler:
                  You know...I'm oddly disappointed that Amanda turned down that movie in Barcelona. I've seen her in TV and movies when she hasn't been a doctor or a scientist in a sci-fi series and she's been great because those parts are so far removed from Sam (that's not to say that the other roles when she's been a doctor or a scientist have been bad of course).

Assuming this movie in Barcelona hadn't been sci-fi, it would have been great to have seen her doing a role completely different to Sam. Amanda playing Liz in the movie Stuck for example. I don't think you could get any further removed from Sam than by playing a character like Liz.

However, if she turned down the movie to continue playing Sam in Season 5 of Stargate: Atlantis then I'm all for it. I'd rather have Amanda as part of my regular TV viewing than not at all.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                  K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                    I agree Amanda seem really great at accents, I wonder if she can do any other ones?
                    Julia(samcarterrules)
                    I'm wondering too...I wonder how good an Australian accent she can do!!
                    Originally posted by donamac View Post
                    Brings back memories of our summers in our log cabin in the Adirondacks where we had an outhouse (little house-on-the-hill) with a two-holer and you had to walk on a log path over a swamp to get to it. At night it was a nightmare as would be all too easy to miss the path and fall in the wetland which I only did once; but it was so unpleasant I always tried to "hold it" till daylight (which fortunately came fairly early). My dad finally built a little log extension on the cabin and dug a septic tank so we didn't have to use the h-o-t-h any more but every tie we used the loo we had to use a bucket of water to flush it and then replace the empty bucket from the river. MUCH better!
                    Enough OT--BTW, I love the picture of Amanda at Banff. Can't remember who posted it but thanks!!!
                    It was posted by O'NiellTwoL's..or something like that!!!
                    IIRC, here in Oz the thing to be careful about when using the outhouse is to not sit on a redback spider...apparently not only is their venom poisonous but their bite really hurts!!!
                    I remember using one when I was about 10 and I can tell you...my butt never hit the seat...no way was I having anyone suck venom out of my tushy!!!...of course it never helped having older bro telling me all the scary stories about the spiders just waiting for you to sit on them...and what happens when they bite you...and lets not get started about the snakes...yep...held on til morning...gee I was strong back then!!!
                    Originally posted by Bekah See View Post
                    It's not broken, but it is finicky. I had the same problem, and e-mailed them, and they told me, and I quote:
                    "This is a caching problem. It may be with your browser or it might be withyour ISP. Clearing your cache, your temporary internet files and your cookies might do the trick. -- tejas(and her alter-ego, Julia)"
                    I tried it, and it worked, but only for a while, then I had to do it again... It's a bit of a pain, but it's worth it when you read and see some of the stuff on there!
                    Trio isn't until the end of February, I think, and supposedly
                    Spoiler:
                    we're supposed to get a glimpse of her private love life

at least that's what the gateworld episode guide says.
                    Bummer...that is still IMHO a problem that they should be addressing and fixing on their end is it not??? Damn...I hope I can fix this!!
                    As for Trio...
                    Spoiler:
                    there was meant to be a scene where Sam reveals a not so subtle hint of her love life...and IIRC, according JM...it is a certain general in Washington...gee wonder who that could be???....Squee!!...but that scene was/has apparently been cut...HOWEVER...according JM again...he did state that if they got renewed for season five that he would find a way to incorporate it into an ep...yay!!!!

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                    Sam Carter has done and been through so much. What would you like to see happen to/for her next?
                    Ooooh..tough one...let me see...I think I would like to see Sam be a huge...bigger than normal hero and save everyone on Atlantis....you know...kick a little butt, get a little whumped...and sit down with a bowl of blue jello/jelly while sending an email to her man at the end of the day...of course I seriously doubt that will ever happen...I'm not really sure...I'd just like to see her happy...laugh a bit and have some fun..maybe go swimming or play something with the team...oooh...how about a sparring session with either Ronan and/or Teyla...and she kicks their butts...that would be cool to see!!!
                    Kamil is updating
                    www.amandatapping.com
                    as I type this. it's an
                    audio interview with Amanda!!!!
                    suse
                    Yay!! Cool!! I'm downloading as we speak/post/type!!!! Thanks for the heads up suse!!

Well...that was nice and quick...I have to go tidy house and start packing...I have a gazillion things to do...and no time!!!!....ahhh, the story of my life!!
                    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                      Spoiler:
                      You know...I'm oddly disappointed that Amanda turned down that movie in Barcelona. I've seen her in TV and movies when she hasn't been a doctor or a scientist in a sci-fi series and she's been great because those parts are so far removed from Sam (that's not to say that the other roles when she's been a doctor or a scientist have been bad of course).
                      Assuming this movie in Barcelona hadn't been sci-fi, it would have been great to have seen her doing a role completely different to Sam. Amanda playing Liz in the movie Stuck for example. I don't think you could get any further removed from Sam than by playing a character like Liz.
                      However, if she turned down the movie to continue playing Sam in Season 5 of Stargate: Atlantis then I'm all for it. I'd rather have Amanda as part of my regular TV viewing than not at all.
                      You also have to understand that Amanda has invested a lot into Sanctuary and I don't blame her for putting that first after all...as she calls it...it's her baby....so...as much as I would have loved to have seen Amanda in another movie, I'm not disappointed that she didn't take the role...although I love hearing that she was offered the part...that's cool!!...so long as she is happy...and I think it's also cool that she can afford to turn down roles too...that's a bonus I think in that industry!
                      I do agree it was a nice refreshing change to see Amanda in Stuck...I'm sure we will see more varying roles in the future...just let her get Sanctuary up and running!
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Oh, I totally agree that she needs to put her all into Sanctuary. It's another project for her and I'm glad she's happy working on it. From what little I've seen it looks very clever and I've no doubt in a few years (if that!) its format will be one of it not *the* pioneers for the the way in which we all view our entertainment on a more regular basis. So kudos to Amanda and everyone at Sanctuary for being the ones to forward this.

But that still doesn't alter the fact that I'm disappointed about her turning down the movie role though. But at the same time I'm glad that she's in a good situation when she can turn roles down. Basically if she knows what she's doing and she's happy doing it...then I'm happy. And of course...there'll be other movies. After Sanctuary and Stargate: Atlantis finish either just for a hiatus between seasons or completely and totally altogether (as, inevitibly they will but hopefully not any time soon) there'll be other roles for Amanda and I'll be sure to be there to follow her career wherever it takes her.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                          Oh, I totally agree that she needs to put her all into Sanctuary. It's another project for her and I'm glad she's happy working on it. From what little I've seen it looks very clever and I've no doubt in a few years (if that!) its format will be one of it not *the* pioneers for the the way in which we all view our entertainment on a more regular basis. So kudos to Amanda and everyone at Sanctuary for being the ones to forward this.
                          But that still doesn't alter the fact that I'm disappointed about her turning down the movie role though. But at the same time I'm glad that she's in a good situation when she can turn roles down. Basically if she knows what she's doing and she's happy doing it...then I'm happy. And of course...there'll be other movies. After Sanctuary and Stargate: Atlantis finish either just for a hiatus between seasons or completely and totally altogether (as, inevitibly they will but hopefully not any time soon) there'll be other roles for Amanda and I'll be sure to be there to follow her career wherever it takes her.
                          Oh I understand your disappointment....sorry if I sounded or came of rude or condescending...I didn't mean to dis your feelings...(((Alan)))...
                          Spoiler:
                          I guess for me I'm not disappointed so much as I am just happy that she's happy in getting stuck into Sanctuary!!
                          I laughed a bit and totally understood where she was coming from when she spoke about her lack of sleep and how she's not good at sleeping and her level of exhaustion is her biggest concern...and Kamil sounded kinda sad for her...which was so sweet!!!...and then she goes on to say that she's good and that lack of sleep makes you giddy so people just think she's really happy!!!....awwww...I just want to hug her!!...and Kamil...he's so cool!!
                          Last edited by Chelle DB; 23 January 2008, 07:25 PM. Reason: sorry...think I should be using spoilers!
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Spoiler:
                            I think I understand why she went into that anti Carter thread...she needed to know/understand what/how they felt about Carter going to Atlantis...she's just so considerate of others...Kamil told her to find the good ones...she needs to listen to the good stuff!!!...Go Kamil!!!
                            Awww...she said she has to get used to the fact that not everyone likes her...awww...but, but, but...I love her...we love her and that's all that matters....right???...and then she goes on to say..."But I'm nice...I'm a nice person"....Kamil and I agree!!!!!!

Sorry...but this interview is brilliant!!
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                              Oh I understand your disappointment....sorry if I sounded or came of rude or condescending...I didn't mean to dis your feelings...(((Alan)))

Hey, don't worry about it. We're okay.

...I guess for me I'm not disappointed so much as I am just happy that she's happy in getting stuck into Sanctuary!!
                              There is that flip side to the coin isn't there? Sanctuary! I'm actually really glad that I don't know anything more specific about that movie she turned down and the role she was gonna play because it might potentially have been a big deal. I guess I won't miss what I never had but I do know what we have from Amanda in a regular entertaining mini-series like Sanctuary and it definitely more than compensates for some movie she turned down once.

Spoiler:
                              I laughed a bit and totally understood where she was coming from when she spoke about her lack of sleep and how she's not good at sleeping and her level of exhaustion is her biggest concern...and Kamil sounded kinda sad for her...which was so sweet!!!...and then she goes on to say that she's good and that lack of sleep makes you giddy so people just think she's really happy!!!....awwww...I just want to hug her!!...and Kamil...he's so cool!!
                              I...errr...I haven't actually listened to the interview yet. Bit late now but I will listen in tomorrow just as soon as I'm back from physiotherapy.

Comment

Spoiler:
                                I think I understand why she went into that anti Carter thread...she needed to know/understand what/how they felt about Carter going to Atlantis...she's just so considerate of others...Kamil told her to find the good ones...she needs to listen to the good stuff!!!...Go Kamil!!!
                                Awww...she said she has to get used to the fact that not everyone likes her...awww...but, but, but...I love her...we love her and that's all that matters....right???...and then she goes on to say..."But I'm nice...I'm a nice person"....Kamil and I agree!!!!!!

Sorry...but this interview is brilliant!!

Spoiler:
                                i had a bit of trouble hearing the interview. kamil came off loud and clear, but i'd have to turn the volume up a bit for amanda and then kamil was too loud.

about reading the anti carter stuff... i just wish i could let her know which ppl/threads to read. there's constructive criticism and then there's assassination. my pet peeve is intentional meaness, and i've read a heck of a LOT of meaness for no other reason then that person doesn't give a crap about anyone elses feelings (fans, character, or the actor). all i'm saying is i hope amanda saw the difference. (((amanda)))

other than that, i'm still VERY frustrated how no one will mention whether sam's going to be in s5 of atlantis. this is like some state secret now. what, will ppl be beaten and thrown in a cell if they talk!

sally

sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X