Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
    I believe Jason and Lisa Bonet had a baby this past July.
    Wow...interesting...seeings how he was not long ago engaged to Simmone Jade MacKinnon...I knew that they had split but that must have been close.
    Originally posted by tagger View Post
    Must create time dilation field to halt all further growth of my child....
    I tried that already...didn't work...now trying to figure out if I can accelerate growth of children so they grow up and get jobs and pay their own way...not likely to happen any time soon...damn!!!
    WooHoo...thank you parsifal...excellent pics!!! Yay!!!
    Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
    *THUD*
    These are amazing but am I the only one who really don't like the new uniform of SGA??
    And it looks like they cut and pasted them together? or am I the only one who thinks that?
    The photos look like they are manips...but I love Sam's uniform...Amanda looks awesome...as always!!!
    Originally posted by prion View Post
    Is it my imagination, or has Rodney shrunk???? Hmm.... and will there now be Teyla/Carter fanfic in the future?? *cough* looking at hand on arm *cough*
    Hehehe...that's what I just said to my daughter...fair dinkum...just ask her!!
    Originally posted by rolleson View Post
    I must the only one who likes the trousers then....
    Nope...I think they look ok...I like the way it covers the tops of her boots...much nicer than having the tops of the boots looking like Sheps!! IMHO anyway!!
    Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
    So, have you started drawing yet? Hmmmmmmmmm??

Hop to it Sunshine, no lollygagging about!!
    Yeah...what Rox said...chop chop!!!!
    Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
    Well to be pedantic, none of them ever really dressed like an officer. No ranks on their uniforms (off-world is perfectly fine and correct, but they dont wear them on-base). No hats when they were out and about in their dress uniforms etc.
    Uhm...didn't they wear hats in the ep Secrets??? I know Jack has definitely worn his hat in several eps...but I'm sure Sam wore hers in Secrets and the one with the Tollen...is it "Between two Fires"??? Did they have hats on in the ep where they buried Sha're???
    Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
    Hey Sally, just for you
    From Joe's blog, spoilers for S4
    Spoiler:
    Anonymous #4 writes: “Will we get any evil or whumped Carter in Atlantis this season?”

Answer: Whumped Carter? Oh, yes.

*waits for the high pitched loud squee*
    Yay!!!!!!! OMG...Sam gets whumped!!! I wonder where??...I wonder how????
    Originally posted by General David Niemi View Post
    *Runs in* Sam is the best female character!!!!!!!! *Runs out*
    Hey!!! Get back here!! Not so fast buddy...you forgot to say that Amanda is awesome too!!!!!
    Did anyone else see some one run through Samanda ...he was so quick I almost missed him
    Just as long as he had clothes on...nothing worse than a streaker...unless of course it's one of our delectable hunks from SG!!
    Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    so has anyone watched 'breakdown'? i larfed my bottom off! it was really cute.
    sally
    How does one go about watching Breakdown????
    Originally posted by Melora View Post
    I know... she seriously could be Amanda's voice double. LOL!!
    I thought it was Amanda...it almost sounded like it was taped over something else...someone should ask Joe!!!...Sally!!! Where are you???
    Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    there's a new carl binder interview on gateworld's home page.
    >spoilers for specific things said in interview<
    Spoiler:

And it's interesting seeing her interact with Teyla. Seeing her interact with Ronon, you know, those first clashes with Ronon. Ronon and Teyla, especially. They're kind of nervous. Because they had grown very close to Dr. Weir and now somebody else is coming in. These are huge shoes to fill. So there's a little bit of wariness, maybe at first, as to who this new person is. There's some dynamics there that we are going to be exploring that are going to be fun.

i skip-read (for now) through this interview, looking for anything amanda/sam related. i like what i read!

sally
    Yay!! Thanks Sally!!!
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I just noticed the time...gotta choof....night night all, take care, be safe, have fun and hug your loved ones!!
      (((Samanda)))
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

My take on the whole leather outfit...

Amanda in leather? Very nice!

Sam in that leather outfit? WTF?!?!?

Now had this been a promo shoot to show off the actors then I would have been more than happy to see Amanda in the leather duds or anything else for that matter; but aren't these promos suppose to be about the show itself? You know, to give us an idea of what we can expect in the new season? If this is the case, then I think the outfit was a tad over-the-top. Personally, I would have rather traded the leather knee pads for a look-to-kill(or wicked grin) and a P-90.

Also, I'm a tad curious as to why the new Doctor was excluded from the photo shoot? I'd have thought they would want to promote all their new cast members. And I agree, McKay was way too small and the photo editing left a lot to be desired, but that's really become quite the norm for these promos over the years, hasn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by helenmagnus23 View Post
          HEY!

WOW! Im loving the leather Amanda looks so cool in it i cant wait to see Atlantis season 4 its gonna totaly rock
          Anyone else think it kinda looks like Helen just forgot to put on the brown wig? Sorry couldn't resist....

I know that they play it at the conventions for sure. It was a pretty funny movie, it definately reminded me of the type of movie my brother would have made in his film classes... That or something you would have found at a film festival.
          sigpic
          awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post

Go to this page http://www.canadiancomedyawards.ca/

scroll down to category film - directors then click on John Bolton-Breakdown

Oh and watch out for
            Spoiler:
            flying pillows
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Go to this page http://www.canadiancomedyawards.ca/

scroll down to category film - directors then click on John Bolton-Breakdown

Oh and watch out for
              Spoiler:
              flying pillows
              Lol!

and
              Spoiler:
              waterbottles used as cell phones....

Spoiler:
              ah....science world...
              sigpic
              awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                My take on the whole leather outfit...

Amanda in leather? Very nice!

Sam in that leather outfit? WTF?!?!?

Now had this been a promo shoot to show off the actors then I would have been more than happy to see Amanda in the leather duds or anything else for that matter; but aren't these promos suppose to be about the show itself? You know, to give us an idea of what we can expect in the new season? If this is the case, then I think the outfit was a tad over-the-top. Personally, I would have rather traded the leather knee pads for a look-to-kill(or wicked grin) and a P-90.

Also, I'm a tad curious as to why the new Doctor was excluded from the photo shoot? I'd have thought they would want to promote all their new cast members. And I agree, McKay was way too small and the photo editing left a lot to be desired, but that's really become quite the norm for these promos over the years, hasn't it?
                Yeah. As happy as I am that we finally have some official promo pics to look at, I do wonder what goes into getting them produced. I'm assuming the actors have to be there for a long time, but I will never understand how it's impossible to get them all in the same shot without having to photoshop them into place. I'm sure there's some formula the editors use to show prominence, importance, power, etc. But would it be so bad to have all of the characters/actors look naturally prominent, important and powerful, with natural, proper proportions added in for good measure?

I've never understood the shrinking of characters to make other characters stand out more.

*waves at guests and lurkers*

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
                  now I have 3 people poking me. Thanks guys!

Step one has been accomplished - the sketch book is out of the bag.
                  Hey, we've gotta be careful not to whump antoa or we won't get the drawing!

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                    Exactly. Poke gently and cut your finger nails first.

Am I right ladies?
                    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                      I do bruise easily. At least I'll know where I got the bruise from this time.

Comment

Definitely for promo, and it's doing what it's intended, we've not stopped talking about it for ages now.

So true. With no new episodes we seize on every little tidbit we get.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          I will never forget where i was, 6 y ears ago, at about this time. Just getting to work and getting a flash memo from nbc about a special report. Seems some plane hit the world trade center.

so i went into master control, checked that they had taken the special report, saw that they had adn went back to my desk.

Having never seen the WTC, i had no idea the scale of the building...or how big that hole was. I thought some idiot in a cessna had hit the building.

Then started a series of events that had us watching the set, seeking info on the net, and realizing that life would never be the same and that, eventually, i'd just lived through my generation's Pearl Harbor.

And i've been reminded every time i glance down at the clock, and it's 9:11

those numbers will never just be numbers again
                          I don't think people will ever forget where they were on hearing the news. I was still in bed (6am or so) and I sat and wept and screamed in anger and disbelief at the radio. And I thought it so ironic that it was 911 which in the USA is the phone number for police and medical emergencies.

It gave me nightmares from my childhood when WWII was always in the news (I lived in upstate NY). Guess I was a rather sensitive child and it affected me for many years. Couldn't imagine having to live where there were bombs falling all around.

Today the Oprah show had children who lost their parents on 911 and a salute to the firefighters and police who were the heroes that day.

donamac

Comment

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
                            And she is still wearing her tactical boots in the promo pics
                            I love it for some reason when AT talks about "stepping into Sam Carter's boots" when she talks about getting into character. I've noticed Sam sometimes has worn cool boots, or bootlike shoes in her civilian outfits too. I love that outfit in Upgrades. Cool off duty clothes.

Comment

Amanda looks lovely in the promos. Not sure it looks like Sam any more though. Wait and see. And why does Tellya have two left hands? It can't be Ronon's, its a left hand not his right one.

FF
                              sigpic

Comment

I must the only one who likes the trousers then....
                                You're not--I love the new look! Actually looks like she's gonna jump on her Indian and take off! The pictures are composites in many cases (where they are all together) but this isn't really a bad thing. Promo pictures have to be eye-catching for them to be used often enough to be effective. We'll probably be seeing them used a lot.

donamac

Comment

Working...
                                X