• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
    I vote we make Carter/Keller the official 'ship' of Samanda
    Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    Whacks AD
    Oh, oh, Sky do you need any help? You know me always willing to lend a helping hand
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
      Carter/Keller??

And... sorry tagger. I probably shouldn't find the info we received from JM's blog to be funny... but somehow, it just is. In a pathetic sort of way, if that makes any sense.
      My eye twitch is back, but no worries, I'll be fine. hehe

See, the twitch is getting worse:

I was just like you, the painful irony of it all. The scene they choose to cut, maybe next season, maybe in the outtakes reel. JM knows what buttons to push.
      Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
      Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
        Wow... Am I the only one who finds the irony of this little detail darkly humorous?

There's no such thing as true closure, I suppose.
        Ok, I'm not a shipper but even *I* find this tidbit from JM's blog appalling. Deal with it already! (*and move on*) And why are the character moments the first to be left on the cutting room floor?

Col. Carter in charge, Action Sam, Scientist Sam best though.
        Last edited by jckfan55; 03 October 2007, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
          Oh, oh, Sky do you need any help? You know me always willing to lend a helping hand

OOh, a whacking brigade. sounds like fun
          Originally posted by tagger View Post
          I was just like you, the painful irony of it all. The scene they choose to cut, maybe next season, maybe in the outtakes reel. JM knows what buttons to push.
          Yeah

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
          Ok, I'm not a shipper but even *I* find this tidbit from JM's blog appalling. Deal with it already! And why are the character moments the first to be left on the cutting room floor?
          The whole situation to me is....for crying out loud, stop bloody well teasing fans with stuff like this. Joe's been around fandom long enough to know how folks will react...so stop dropping tantalizing tidbits that you then yank our from under folks feet.

When i mentioned to a friend of mine last night that the scene was gone the response was 'eh, we've been jerked around so much for so long, who really cares' and 'eh, that's what i expected them to do, tease and then reneg' and 'what, did they need to blow something up?' or 'there wasn't some other line somewhere that couldn't get cut to make room for it?'

all in all, disillusion

will i lose sleep over it? No. as a pessamist i'd pretty much figured i'd believe it when i got to see it and not before, however, 'fan handling 101'...dont' make promises or tease with what you can't deliver
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tagger View Post
            My eye twitch is back, but no worries, I'll be fine. hehe

See, the twitch is getting worse:

Sadly for TPTB fans know what buttons to push on their remotes, too. Thus "Adrift" got a whooping 1.2 rating. I'm feeling sorry for the crew if they don't get renewed, they stand most to suffer...

Comment

Originally posted by General David Niemi View Post
              What's wrong with Carter/Keller? I just wish to know.
              Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
              They can't handle the awesome
              I can

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
              As if! Everyone knows that the new Atlantis ship is Carter/Ronon/Keller!
              Oooh, Carter/Ronon with Keller on top. Yum.
              scarimor

Comment

you know there are lots of talk about the new rating 1.2. Last season Atlantis averaged 1.2 and it had a show to lead into it and it was not going up against major network first air episodes. So Atlantis was able to maintain it's audience despite the stiff competition! I think it looks promising. Instead of canceling the show I think they should look for shows to lead into Atlantis ... lol I vote for Eureka. Eureka was averaging 1.5 to 1.8 until last episode which was 1.2 as well.

I wouldn't count the cast/crew out just yet. Per the interviews last week. There are lots of (working) relationships being developed among the characters. Which I look forward to. And I am glad that it appears Keller is being shipped with another Atlantis character and not Sam.

Originally posted by silkie View Post

I vote we make Sam/Jack the official ship of Samanda. Don't get me wrong I'd like a little Sam\Keller action ...snip
                As far as making some ship the official ship for Samanda... I'm a Jack/Sam shipper but I would never ever want this thread to become about one ship. It would alienate too many posters here that like Sam/Cam, Daniel, Teal'c, Janet, Vala, McKay, Ronon, Sheppard etc... I may or may not see their ship, but I don't have to, each viewer has their own likes and dislikes. And let's not forget those that don't want Sam shipped with anyone. So I say any ship or no ship discussion is welcomed as long as the poster LIKES and RESPECTS Sam and Amanda! I think that is the key to this thread!!!
                Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 03 October 2007, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Story update.

The Enemy Within

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
                    I can

Oooh, Carter/Ronon with Keller on top. Yum.
                    It sounds like you're writing a cake recipe...

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                    Story update.

The Enemy Within
                    ooh ta!
                    sigpic
                    Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                    My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
                      It sounds like you're writing a cake recipe...
                      Food, pr0n... tasty.
                      scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                        Ok, I'm not a shipper but even *I* find this tidbit from JM's blog appalling. Deal with it already! (*and move on*) And why are the character moments the first to be left on the cutting room floor?

ETA: The above should not be construed to mean I am not in favor of "Sam pwning noobs." Action Sam, Col. Sam is always key.
                        I'd like to go on record saying I am most definitely NOT in favor of "Sam Pwning noobs". "Pwning noobs" has such a negative, nasty connotation. Look how it's most often used. Sam isn't that kind of person. She's way better than that. I love action Sam. I love Colonel-in-charge Sam. But she's way better than 'pwning' anyone.

As far as the dropping of the Sam mentioning Jack scene-meh. Par for the course. On the one hand, I'm glad to know that someone in the SG world remembers Jack exists, and wants to do something about the ship they created. On the other, I don't expect any better than for them to cut character moments.

Telling us it's been cut is just...well I suppose in the vein that any publicity is good publicity it has a certain demonic logic to it.

Comment

as a mod here, there will NEVER be an 'official' ship of samanda...beyond Us and Her.

This thread is about sam and ALL the aspects of her, not just one part
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
                            you know there are lots of talk about the new rating 1.2. Last season Atlantis averaged 1.2 and it had a show to lead into it and it was not going up against major network first air episodes. So Atlantis was able to maintain it's audience despite the stiff competition! I think it looks promising. Instead of canceling the show I think they should look for shows to lead into Atlantis ... lol I vote for Eureka. Eureka was averaging 1.5 to 1.8 until last episode which was 1.2 as well.

I wouldn't count the cast/crew out just yet. Per the interviews last week. There are lots of (working) relationships being developed among the characters. Which I look forward to. And I am glad that it appears Keller is being shipped with another Atlantis character and not Sam.
                            Good point Ann. I don't know that any cable channel up against first run network shows during premier week is going to do much better than 1.2. As you said, even Eureka fell. And that was it's season finale.

I don't think Doctor Who has ever done much better than 1.0-1.2 ratings wise, and it keeps getting picked up. (No complaints from me, on that score.)

I do think Atlantis suffered from the really bad lead-in as well. Flash's series debut, up against network re-runs, got only a 1.1 or 1.2 I believe. I haven't found it's more recent ratings, but I'd bet a whole lot that they've fallen.

Comment

Were Dr. Who's or Flash Gordon's ratings released this week? I just think it'd be interesting if they were lower than SGA's.

At this point, I think I'd be OK if the series ended at S4... I'd be disappointed, but I wouldn't lose sleep or participate in the (inevitable) Save Our Show! campaign. If SGA is performing on par with or better than any of SCI FI's other shows, I'd simply laugh at the irony.

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435 View Post
                                Good point Ann. I don't know that any cable channel up against first run network shows during premier week is going to do much better than 1.2. As you said, even Eureka fell. And that was it's season finale.

I don't think Doctor Who has ever done much better than 1.0-1.2 ratings wise, and it keeps getting picked up. (No complaints from me, on that score.)

I do think Atlantis suffered from the really bad lead-in as well. Flash's series debut, up against network re-runs, got only a 1.1 or 1.2 I believe. I haven't found it's more recent ratings, but I'd bet a whole lot that they've fallen.

Yes. Flash Gordon, Dr. Who, and PainKiller Jane (and before Dresdon Files), all ended up getting ratings consistently below 1.0 after their premieres. Some weeks FG, Dr. Who, and PK were not even in the top ten on Scifi for the week!

The fact that Eureka got a 1.2 as well last week like SGA is very telling during this Fall network premiere period. And also telling is that BSG last year when it premiered in the Fall also got low ratings, then they moved it to Sunday nights, and continued with low ratings (1.1,1.2) and even below this.

The fact this is the first time ever that Stargate has premiered in the Fall is, to me, very important, and why we cannot compare this season 4 with any other season of SGA or SG-1.

I think what will matter is the ratings for the next two weeks. If it can gain or stay steady at this time of year, it may have a chance at a season 5.

I would like to see a season 5 simply because I like the show and I like having Sam on the show. I think it could be a really fun year if they were given the opportunity to end the SGA saga, like they are doing with BSG.

Comment

Working...
                                X