Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    iLOVE friendship fic. i really, really wish we had more of it.

most of the people that write sam are sam and jack fans, thus most of the sam fic has a decidedly shippy flair. i miss sam and jack friendship

as to the ficathon, deej, how do you feel about a 'sam and vala: what's on the cutting room floor' topic?

missing scenes/tags from s9 and 10...what we wish would have happened
    what we COULD do... depending on that deejay thinks of course, since she's the mommy of tihs ficathon, let anyone and everyone send in missing scene ideas...that way those that don't write can participate. then let folks claim them or be assigned them.

it does mean that some prompts will never be written, but just because folks aren't in the ficathon doesn't mean that they can't also write a prompt. my last fic was from a prompt for a ficathon that i wasn't in. so i took the idea and ran with it outside of the ficathon

I like this. I love missing scene/episode tag fic. It's my crack.

I like the idea of opening the prompts to everyone, like here I've gotten a lot of responses on the D/V thread and the Vala thread from people who like the idea but can't/don't write fic. We could assign prompts to the participants for primary fics, then open up the entire list to anyone who might want to do more than one, or add a drabble or two. Or we could just let everyone chose from the entire list for their prompts. What does everyone think? I lean toward the first idea, so we get more of the prompts used.

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
      Heeee! I'm high on adrenaline and endorphins.

I haven't done that since I was little kid. It was awesome! Seriously, if you haven't been since you were little, hire some this weekend! I spent an hour and a half speeding around the water front, parks and the museum carpark and I only fell on my arse once. About 20 minutes in I zoomed around a corner into a dead end and realised I couldn't remember how to stop... *flails helplessly, splat*.

Ok... I fell on my front once too. I turned down the rest of the padding, but I'm so glad I accepted the wrist guards It was near the end and I was very tired... I found myself absentmindedly zooming toward some steep stairs. Again, *flail* then dive... My wrists took most of it, but I have a lovely scrape on my belly where my shirt rode up a bit. It will match the scrapes (through my jeans, thankfully) and huge bruise that will develop on my butt. (note to self... "zoom" and "absentmindedly" should never be in the same sentence). That time I was completely winded, and I sat in the middle of the path trying to breath and checking my mp3 player (it seems to be fine). Oh, and can you get a concussion with out actually banging your head? I'm a tad worried.

I glad that I got into it so fast though... if I had been a cautious rail clutcher, I wouldn't remember the feel if speeding along the waterfront with the wind in my hair I feel like I'm 9 again.
      Sounds like fun (when it wasn't painful). ((NZNeep)) You may look like a geek, but helmets are actually a good idea when rollerblading.

i think you can get a concussion w/out actually hitting your head. Maybe your flatmate can check you every few hours to see that you wake up--that's of course assuming you actually go to bed.
      /end mother hen

I mailed my birthday note to AT yesterday with much less fanfare. Just walked up to the mailbox and put it in.
      Last edited by jckfan55; 17 August 2007, 06:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
        Howdy y'all

I'm a newbie here (d'uh) ... although I have been following your exploits and *some* of the inner jokes for quite a while, thx to Tracy ... hehehe -- as she dubbed me, I am the 'Samandan by proxy'...
        *waves*

I just wanted to say that I loved both of the pic captions above - very well done!
        A warm welcome to the famed Ames that I've heard so much about...

Welcome to GW and especially to Samanda
        sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

Howdy y'all

I'm a newbie here (d'uh) ... although I have been following your exploits and *some* of the inner jokes for quite a while, thx to Tracy ... hehehe -- as she dubbed me, I am the 'Samandan by proxy'...
          *waves*

I just wanted to say that I loved both of the pic captions above - very well done!
          Welcome aboard, ames!

Comment

what we COULD do... depending on that deejay thinks of course, since she's the mommy of tihs ficathon, let anyone and everyone send in missing scene ideas...that way those that don't write can participate. then let folks claim them or be assigned them.

it does mean that some prompts will never be written, but just because folks aren't in the ficathon doesn't mean that they can't also write a prompt. my last fic was from a prompt for a ficathon that i wasn't in. so i took the idea and ran with it outside of the ficathon
            I think the idea about prompts is awesome, but my question is then, do we have to only do tags? I mean can't we just give other prompts besides tags?? I mean I love tags but I also think just prompts are fun too, I mean sometimes too...Or maybe even fics before something happens, like
            spoiler family ties:
            Spoiler:
            What happened, and what did Sam and Vala do before they came at the SGC??

And honestly do we focus on Sam/Vala only or can we do Sam/every women on the SGC and SGA, but it just has to be friendship... just an idea eh...

Howdy y'all

*waves*

Hiya Welcome to Samanda!!!

Don't eat or drink while reading here, it might damage your keyboard and you can choke yourself! But I am sure TJ already told you that

Originally posted by Deejay435 View Post
            I like this. I love missing scene/episode tag fic. It's my crack.

I like the idea of opening the prompts to everyone, like here I've gotten a lot of responses on the D/V thread and the Vala thread from people who like the idea but can't/don't write fic. We could assign prompts to the participants for primary fics, then open up the entire list to anyone who might want to do more than one, or add a drabble or two. Or we could just let everyone chose from the entire list for their prompts. What does everyone think? I lean toward the first idea, so we get more of the prompts used.
            I think the first idea is a good idea, although it is also cool to let people say they are joining in and then give them prompts and then write them... of course then you can have multiple fics about one prompt... if you want all the prompts being written, the best idea is to first give assignments out, and then if not all the prompts have been written, just put the prompts out there for the ones who want to write more, write a drabble, ficlet about it...

just my idea though

Comment

Okay, time for a longer reply, more than a quick 'caption and run' like this morning.

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
              Heeee! I'm high on adrenaline and endorphins.

I haven't done that since I was little kid. It was awesome! Seriously, if you haven't been since you were little, hire some this weekend! I spent an hour and a half speeding around the water front, parks and the museum carpark and I only fell on my arse once. About 20 minutes in I zoomed around a corner into a dead end and realised I couldn't remember how to stop... *flails helplessly, splat*.

Ok... I fell on my front once too. I turned down the rest of the padding, but I'm so glad I accepted the wrist guards It was near the end and I was very tired... I found myself absentmindedly zooming toward some steep stairs. Again, *flail* then dive... My wrists took most of it, but I have a lovely scrape on my belly where my shirt rode up a bit. It will match the scrapes (through my jeans, thankfully) and huge bruise that will develop on my butt. (note to self... "zoom" and "absentmindedly" should never be in the same sentence). That time I was completely winded, and I sat in the middle of the path trying to breath and checking my mp3 player (it seems to be fine). Oh, and can you get a concussion with out actually banging your head? I'm a tad worried.

I glad that I got into it so fast though... if I had been a cautious rail clutcher, I wouldn't remember the feel if speeding along the waterfront with the wind in my hair I feel like I'm 9 again.
              That is a brilliant idea! Never let a lack of available friends stop you doing anything, sounds fantastic, makes me want to rollerblade now, except I live in an impossibly hilly place.

And yes you can get concussion without banging your head..well I've done it...*cough* more than once...keep an eye on your head....assign someone to make sure you wake up.

Originally posted by helenmagnus23 View Post
              hi!

I watched singularity today i havent seen it in a while it was great seeing it (foxtel) again evan though i do have 2 to 3 copies on dvd its so hard to watch espacily the bit when sam has to leave cassie alone and she doesnt want to i cry at that bit its just so emotonal , i love watching amanda in that one and grace as well .

Oh and tommrow im getting my card for amanda yay! and im going to post it tommrow 2 i hope it gets there on time
              Singularity is a great episode, you're right, it does get so dark that episode and AT is so strong in it.

I have an mental image of you wearing a black and white striped top and a mask, legging it from live journal shoving the prompt into your 'swag' bag

Howdy y'all

*waves*

Welcome welcome
              sigpic
              Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
              My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

For AT's birthday is everyone sending actual cards or postcards? Or something in between.

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix View Post
                  For AT's birthday is everyone sending actual cards or postcards? Or something in between.
                  I sent a card, but I know some people are sending postcards (to avoid rambling, in one case ). I would say anything goes
                  Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

I actually took one of my home made Birthday cards, I have a few of them laying around here,I used to make them at Uni and now I am using them to send them to people, Amanda will get one of those, although I should post this tonight!!! Can't forget to post it tonight!!! I tell you I am going to forget it...

Being sick influences my straight thinking

Comment

Thanks. I'll check some stores today (if I get a chance) and send one or the other out.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                        I think the idea about prompts is awesome, but my question is then, do we have to only do tags? I mean can't we just give other prompts besides tags?? I mean I love tags but I also think just prompts are fun too, I mean sometimes too...Or maybe even fics before something happens, like
                        spoiler family ties:
                        Spoiler:
                        What happened, and what did Sam and Vala do before they came at the SGC??

And honestly do we focus on Sam/Vala only or can we do Sam/every women on the SGC and SGA, but it just has to be friendship... just an idea eh...
                        I like the idea of Sam friendship with any women of the SGC, but just the SGC for this one. You could deal with Sam and her relationship with Brightman or the scientists in S10 that we really didn't learn anything about. Dr. Redden in Uninvited and the biologist in Insiders? Since we don't really know much about them, people could invent stuff. I've always thought Sam must have work friendships to some degree outside of SG1.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                          I actually took one of my home made Birthday cards, I have a few of them laying around here,I used to make them at Uni and now I am using them to send them to people, Amanda will get one of those, although I should post this tonight!!! Can't forget to post it tonight!!! I tell you I am going to forget it...

Being sick influences my straight thinking
                          Nothing should get in the way of straight thinking!

spoilers for off topic
                          Spoiler:
                          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Thanks. I'll check some stores today (if I get a chance) and send one or the other out.
                            I am going to send a post card myself, makes it easier on the envelope opening
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                              I am going to send a post card myself, makes it easier on the envelope opening
                              See if I had thought of that...
                              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

I like this idea a lot. It seems to me that authors get tied into things that don't seem logical to them or that they don't write. IIRC, Sky, you got stuck with this with a previous ficathon.

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                                I like the idea of Sam friendship with any women of the SGC, but just the SGC for this one. You could deal with Sam and her relationship with Brightman or the scientists in S10 that we really didn't learn anything about. Dr. Redden in Uninvited and the biologist in Insiders? Since we don't really know much about them, people could invent stuff. I've always thought Sam must have work friendships to some degree outside of SG1.
                                I very much like the idea of making it more than Sam and Vala. To be honest, I have no interest in writing anything with Vala. Although I did warm up to the character somewhat, I dislike the "whorelette" personality and Vaniel enough to not want to write her.

Just my take on things....
                                sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                                May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Working...
                                X