Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Forestia View Post

I think rollerblading is still fun, even if it's not popular anymore.
    Heeee! I'm high on adrenaline and endorphins.

I haven't done that since I was little kid. It was awesome! Seriously, if you haven't been since you were little, hire some this weekend! I spent an hour and a half speeding around the water front, parks and the museum carpark and I only fell on my arse once. About 20 minutes in I zoomed around a corner into a dead end and realised I couldn't remember how to stop... *flails helplessly, splat*.

Ok... I fell on my front once too. I turned down the rest of the padding, but I'm so glad I accepted the wrist guards It was near the end and I was very tired... I found myself absentmindedly zooming toward some steep stairs. Again, *flail* then dive... My wrists took most of it, but I have a lovely scrape on my belly where my shirt rode up a bit. It will match the scrapes (through my jeans, thankfully) and huge bruise that will develop on my butt. (note to self... "zoom" and "absentmindedly" should never be in the same sentence). That time I was completely winded, and I sat in the middle of the path trying to breath and checking my mp3 player (it seems to be fine). Oh, and can you get a concussion with out actually banging your head? I'm a tad worried.

I glad that I got into it so fast though... if I had been a cautious rail clutcher, I wouldn't remember the feel if speeding along the waterfront with the wind in my hair I feel like I'm 9 again.
    Last edited by NZNeep; 16 August 2007, 09:55 PM.
    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
      Heeee! I'm high on adrenaline and endorphins.

I haven't done that since I was little kid. It was awesome! Seriously, if you haven't been since you were little, hire some this weekend! I spent an hour and a half speeding around the water front, parks and the museum carpark and I only fell on my arse once. About 20 minutes in I zoomed around a corner into a dead end and realised I couldn't remember how to stop... *flails helplessly, splat*.

Ok... I fell on my front once too. I turned down the rest of the padding, but I'm so glad I accepted the wrist guards It was near the end and I was very tired... I found myself absentmindedly zooming toward some steep stairs. Again, *flail* then dive... My wrists took most of it, but I have a lovely scrape on my belly where my shirt rode up a bit. It will match the scrapes (through my jeans, thankfully) and huge bruise that will develop on my butt. (note to self... "zoom" and "absentmindedly" should never be in the same sentence). That time I was completely winded, and I sat in the middle of the path trying to breath and checking my mp3 player (it seems to be fine). Oh, and can you get a concussion with out actually banging your head? I'm a tad worried.

I glad that I got into it so fast though... if I had been a cautious rail clutcher, I wouldn't remember the feel if speeding along the waterfront with the wind in my hair I feel like I'm 9 again.
      Neep I hope the bruises aren't too bad

Big question though

did you post Amanda's card, hmmmmmmmmmmmm???????
      -

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
        Hmm, I wonder what they're reading?
        Sam: Aha found it...Samandans, it says 'Mostly Harmless'
        Jack: So, no worries then?
        Sam: It also says the same thing about earth...
        sigpic
        Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
        My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by Melora View Post
          Thanks for the reminder, chelle.
          There's also a new article up about the awards. It seems SyFy Portal is looking for fans to take part in the video presentation of the awards. They are going to choose fans to announce the nominees and winners. Here is the link if anyone is interested.
          http://www.syfyportal.com/news424047.html
          As tempting as that sounds, I'm not going to be able to do that for two reasons...one - I have no idea how to do mp3 stuff, and two - I wouldn't deliberately subject my voice to anyone let alone to a scifi presentation thingy!!!
          You know what? I'm going to go down to the waterfront and hire some rollerblades. None of my friends are free to come with me so I'm going to go By. My. Self. I will post Amanda's card on the way.
          Then I will cry into my gelato.
          See ya!
          (((Eileen)))...why the tears baby cakes???
          Have fun rollerblading!
          I just posted my card off to Amanda this morning....the postie said it should take about 7 days to get there...yay!!!
          Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
          Neep remember to:
          1. take your keys with you
          2. take your phone with you
          3. take your money with you
          4. take the postcard for Amanda with you <=== VERY IMPORTANT
          LOL....yeah...don't forget the card!!!!!!
          Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
          rollerblading is lame.
          Awwww...can't you rollerblade Ad???
          Originally posted by JanSam View Post
          To quote Sam, "Get a room."
          LOL....such a cute pair!!!
          Originally posted by Forestia View Post
          I think rollerblading is still fun, even if it's not popular anymore.
          I've only just learned how to rollerblade and I think it's great fun...very good work out too!!!

Going to bed early-ish tonight as I have to work this weekend and seeings how I didn't hit the hay til 3.30 this morning and was up with David at 4.30 then the kids at 7.45 then had a wax at 9 and didn't have coffee til after 12.30 this afternoon, I'm going to get my washing done, have dinner, shower then get into my bed and with any luck sleep til my alarm goes off at 8.30 tomorrow morning!!! Probability of that happening...0.2!!
          Good night everyone...I am seriously thinking about putting pen to paper and joining in on the fic writing...never written a fic before so I'm gonna have to do some serious soul searching for that...is kinda scared of the prospect of having a piece of written work published....
          (((Samanda)))
          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
            Neep I hope the bruises aren't too bad

Big question though

did you post Amanda's card, hmmmmmmmmmmmm???????
            Yes, yes I did It cost $3 to post.

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
            (((Eileen)))...why the tears baby cakes???
            I didn't cry after all... the gelato shop was closed.

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
            Have fun rollerblading!
            I just posted my card off to Amanda this morning....the postie said it should take about 7 days to get there...yay!!!

LOL....yeah...don't forget the card!!!!!!

I've only just learned how to rollerblade and I think it's great fun...very good work out too!!!
            Rollerblading is so fun
            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
              Hmm, I wonder what they're reading?
              Amazing Sir, pages and pages of Fanfics. Look at all these different ships! How can they write so much. Hey, I would never do that with.........!
              With whom or what?
              Oops, I lost the page. Did I ever tell you how I blew up a sun?

Last edited by Sg Gato; 17 August 2007, 05:23 AM.

Much credit to Replicatertje and Ann Sgc_Fan for their lovely sigs

Comment

hi!

I watched singularity today i havent seen it in a while it was great seeing it (foxtel) again evan though i do have 2 to 3 copies on dvd its so hard to watch espacily the bit when sam has to leave cassie alone and she doesnt want to i cry at that bit its just so emotonal , i love watching amanda in that one and grace as well .

Oh and tommrow im getting my card for amanda yay! and im going to post it tommrow 2 i hope it gets there on time
                sigpic
                (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia View Post
                  Yeah, a second chance to stand someone else up? I don't think so...
                  If I can't trust myself to finish, I shouldn't participate; and I can't, so I won't.

I'm working on an epic at the moment, anyway.
                  More Strix!fic! I love your stuff. And knowing you, there's bound to be some well-characterized Sam in there somewhere.

*happy dance*

You know what? I'm going to go down to the waterfront and hire some rollerblades. None of my friends are free to come with me so I'm going to go By. My. Self. I will post Amanda's card on the way.

Then I will cry into my gelato.

See ya!
                  I you wait for someone to join you every time you want to do something, you'll miss out. Don't let that ever stop you.

Unless you're doing tandem skydiving.
                  sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                  May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                    I you wait for someone to join you every time you want to do something, you'll miss out. Don't let that ever stop you.

Unless you're doing tandem skydiving.
                    That was my logic too. And I had so much fun! (Just don't ask why I'm limping)

*snerk*

Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

what we COULD do... depending on that deejay thinks of course, since she's the mommy of tihs ficathon, let anyone and everyone send in missing scene ideas...that way those that don't write can participate. then let folks claim them or be assigned them.

it does mean that some prompts will never be written, but just because folks aren't in the ficathon doesn't mean that they can't also write a prompt. my last fic was from a prompt for a ficathon that i wasn't in. so i took the idea and ran with it outside of the ficathon
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Howdy y'all

I'm a newbie here (d'uh) ... although I have been following your exploits and *some* of the inner jokes for quite a while, thx to Tracy ... hehehe -- as she dubbed me, I am the 'Samandan by proxy'...
                        *waves*

I just wanted to say that I loved both of the pic captions above - very well done!
                        ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                        ames on facebook
                        ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
                          Howdy y'all

I'm a newbie here (d'uh) ... although I have been following your exploits and *some* of the inner jokes for quite a while, thx to Tracy ... hehehe -- as she dubbed me, I am the 'Samandan by proxy'...
                          *waves*

I just wanted to say that I loved both of the pic captions above - very well done!
                          *giggles at Amy*

Sky, she's getting a little too excited about your noodle. Do you want to introduce her to one of Samanda's favourite pastimes? (I was thinking wonking, but if you want her to spread her legs....!)
                          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                            *giggles at Amy*

Sky, she's getting a little too excited about your noodle. Do you want to introduce her to one of Samanda's favourite pastimes? (I was thinking wonking, but if you want her to spread her legs....!)
                            TRACY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            BAD Tracy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            Grrrrrr.....
                            No more caffeine for you! Mwaaaaahaaaaaahaaaaaa....

*goes off in search of soothing sugar*

ames on facebook

Comment

(reminds Samandans that I've got the only caffeine in the house... and that she's cradling a bag of sugar)
                              Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                                (reminds Samandans that I've got the only caffeine in the house... and that she's cradling a bag of sugar)
                                Now, now Tracy (who immediately grabbed the only bottle of coke currently left in the house and is currently hiding it behind her back) - they're sticks of Edinburgh Rock! I don't want them thinking that I've got a bag of white sugar on my lap ... or icing sugar ... oh icing sugar ... I mean, it's not like I used to hide under the kitchen table eating icing sugar by the scoopful, nope nope nope!

*looks furtively around*

Um...
                                Well ...
                                Okay - I was a toddler at the time, k??? I haven't done that in YEARS!!!

(Y'know how most ppl have a sweet tooth or two? I've got a sweet mouth )

(And yes, before anyone asks, I DO have type 2 diabetes running through my fam, so yes, I get tested every year and have done so since I was about 16 ... and yet every time my glucose levels come back absolutely normal ... even though I *crave* sugar on a scarily regular basis...)

ames on facebook

Comment

Working...
                                X