Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    to toot my own horn, Commonalities is a sam/jonas friendship fic. Dunno a bout the length though, but it's not too long
    Link please. Thx.

Much credit to Replicatertje and Ann Sgc_Fan for their lovely sigs

Comment

Originally posted by Sg Gato View Post
      Link please. Thx.
      I just mailed it to myself for at work so here is the link: http://www.jackfic.com/emeraldcity/m...monalities.htm

it is on her Sky her site

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
        OMG...it's like having another Tracy in the thread...yeehaa...twice the fun...OMG...Samanda will never be the same!!!
        Wash your mouth out, Missy!
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
          I just mailed it to myself for at work so here is the link: http://www.jackfic.com/emeraldcity/m...monalities.htm

Just read it and loved it
          I love the Sam/Jonas friendship fics, they're so cute

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post

Thanks Repli!!!

Much credit to Replicatertje and Ann Sgc_Fan for their lovely sigs

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435 View Post
              That's not necessarily true. Claudia asked for a reduced work schedule when she was very sick in season 10, and they said no. So we don't know if Amanda would have been made to work or not then. Given what happened with Claudia, I'd guess they would have made her work too.
              Yeah. It's terrible. She had to lie down and/or throw up between shots. She had her husband drive her b/c she was too dizzy to drive. Yee gads, it's not like she had a little sniffle and was wimping out. She could have gotten dehydrated etc and wound up in the hospital. I can't believe they don't have insurance for that kind of situation to pay for the cost of an actor (AT) being physically unable to work for a day or two. And you'd think they could have adjusted a couple of scripts to lighten up CB's load a bit. Show business=no heart.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                <snip> Show business=no heart.
                Unfortunately, I think it all harkens back to the old saying, 'the show must go on.' Even if the the production company has insurance to cover actors' sick days, most performers have this belief stamped into their subconscious early on.

I'm sure AT didn't want to hold up production and cost the production money and also possibly create a burden for other people on the cast and crew, especially since it was so close to the end of filming. Some of the crew members might have already had jobs lined up or other plans for the hiatus.

I do think the producers and MW probably could have worked something out so she wouldn't have had to go in. I just think AT probably didn't want to cause problems for all of the other people who depended on her to show up. And I think MW and the rest of the crew did the best they could to help her out by using stand-ins, shooting her sitting, etc.

But, I agree with you. It definitely is not a good thing that actors have to have such a burden placed on their shoulders.

Comment

Originally posted by Melora View Post
                  Unfortunately, I think it all harkens back to the old saying, 'the show must go on.' Even if the the production company has insurance to cover actors' sick days, most performers have this belief stamped into their subconscious early on.

I'm sure AT didn't want to hold up production and cost the production money and also possibly create a burden for other people on the cast and crew, especially since it was so close to the end of filming. Some of the crew members might have already had jobs lined up or other plans for the hiatus.

snippage

But, I agree with you. It definitely is not a good thing that actors have to have such a burden placed on their shoulders.
                  Like when MS went to the hospital with stomach pains and they said it was his appendix and he had to go in for an op. At first he refused, he had a shooting schedule and Nemisis was about to start shooting. It was only when the hospital told him he'd be dead if he went home, that he let them operate.
                  As you say, drummed into every actor from day one and while I applaud Amanda for being such a trouper, it's a dreadful thing to have to go through, feeling that sick but having to keep on.

FF
                  sigpic

Comment

Hi!
                    I am resurfacing after what's been some crazy time for me (I'm in the UK now and will stay here for good, at least that's the plan - I have a job in London, so I should be able to ) to say that AmandaTapping.Com is going to do our annual birthday greetings project for Amanda.

This is the official message about it:

August 28 is getting closer and closer. It is now the tradition for the website, amandatapping.com, to collect greetings messages for Amanda, and present them to her in an electronic form. For those of you new to this, please find previous collections in the Links section of the website.

A website containing only greetings from you for Amanda's birthday will be created, Amanda will be given the url first and then, after a couple of days, the website will be made public so you can see what it looks like.

A couple of guidelines:
                    1. Send an email to [email protected] with BIRTHDAY in its subject line.
                    2. The greetings message needs to be a text message. If you have an image with greetings written in it (an in a jpg, gif or png format), please email me first to ask for permission.
                    3. The DEADLINE for sending your greetings is August 25, 8pm GMT.
                    4. As Amanda's webmaster, I reserve the right to decline or edit a message if I consider it's rude or inappropriate in any way. I may edit your word spelling, so please check it before sending your email.
                    5. Please write your message in a neat and paragraphed way.
                    6. Have fun!

Best wishes,
                    Kamil

The Official Amanda Tapping Website:
                    http://www.amandatapping.com
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                      In your fantasies?
                      I dont know about hers, but definitely in mine. And what a lovely tongue he has too!

Just another reason to hate be jealous of Amanda, as if being beautiful, intelligent, witty and charming were not enough.

^^^Kidding for anyone who has no sense of humor.
                      Last edited by ForeverSg1; 18 August 2007, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
                        Like when MS went to the hospital with stomach pains and they said it was his appendix and he had to go in for an op. At first he refused, he had a shooting schedule and Nemisis was about to start shooting. It was only when the hospital told him he'd be dead if he went home, that he let them operate.
                        As you say, drummed into every actor from day one and while I applaud Amanda for being such a trouper, it's a dreadful thing to have to go through, feeling that sick but having to keep on.

FF
                        Yep they have all had their fair share of accidents and incidents and came back to film like the troopers they are. Honestly, I think the hardest times would be when they emotionally didn't feel like being at work( leaving a sick child at home, deaths in the family, ect. )

I think we all have the ability to suck up personal pain and discomfort at times for our jobs. I dislocated my ankle at work once. Unfortunate for me, my boss was out of town that day so there was no one to deal with the office and we had a lot of stuff shipping out that day. So I remember lying on the floor with my leg up on a chair packed in ice, trying to reschedule deliveries and get out as much shipping as possible before I was taken to the hospital simply because if I had left the office early everything else would have came to a stand-still.

I think we all get used to tossing back a few antibiotics or pain killers(Tylenol) on occassion to make it through a bad day at work, but most of us are lucky enough not to be tossed in front of a camera and forced to pretend that we are happy when it happens. That to me would be much a harder task.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                          Yep they have all had their fair share of accidents and incidents and came back to film like the troopers they are. Honestly, I think the hardest times would be when they emotionally didn't feel like being at work( leaving a sick child at home, deaths in the family, ect. )

I think we all have the ability to suck up personal pain and discomfort at times for our jobs. I dislocated my ankle at work once. Unfortunate for me, my boss was out of town that day so there was no one to deal with the office and we had a lot of stuff shipping out that day. So I remember lying on the floor with my leg up on a chair packed in ice, trying to reschedule deliveries and get out as much shipping as possible before I was taken to the hospital simply because if I had left the office early everything else would have came to a stand-still.

I think we all get used to tossing back a few antibiotics or pain killers(Tylenol) on occassion to make it through a bad day at work, but most of us are lucky enough not to be tossed in front of a camera and forced to pretend that we are happy when it happens. That to me would be much a harder task.
                          Ow, your poor ankle! And brownie points for you for keeping it together.

You are right, of course, emotional trauma is the hardest, particularly if you are on public display, and over ten years, they must all have had their moments.

FF
                          sigpic

Comment

Hi All,

I watched the commentary a few days ago of the ep where Amanda was really sick, she was such a trooper and watching the ep I would never have known she was that sick (((((((((Amanda)))))))

Now to say something profound for my 1,000 posts...nope I got nothing LOL
                            No seriously though, I want to thank you all for making me feel so much a part of Samanda, and making this thread feel like home. I wake up every morning and get right on the PC to see what my friends (as that is how I think of you all now ) both here and in the S/J ship thread have been talking about while I've been sleeping, you girls(guys) keep me laughing, sometimes crying but most of all having fun while we talk about the wonderful women that is Amanda Tapping I'm so glad I found GW and made a fantastic group friends who understand my love of SG and my awe and admiration for Amanda. Samanda's you ROCK!! I can't wait to meet some of you at AT3

(((((((SAMANDA'S)))))))

Julia(samcarterrules)
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Congrats on 1000 posts

samcarterrules!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix View Post
                                Congrats on 1000 posts

samcarterrules!!!
                                From me too! I tried to green you, but I seem to be out of green jello.

Comment

Working...
                                X