Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LtColonelSamC View Post
    i'm not sure if this has been posted, but...

http://gabitevents.co.uk/galleryAT2.html

i had to refresh the page a few times before the pictures showed up, (and some still aren't), but they've got more pics of Amanda with the hearing dogs!
    LOL! We're (hubbie and I) uploading the gallery as I type this so no wonder you're not seeing all the pictures. About 50% loaded. Be patient. There are some tweaks to the front page with a few pics and the gallery is new but as it's being uploaded at the moment not all pictures are showing.

Julia
    G4
    To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
      LOL! We're (hubbie and I) uploading the gallery as I type this so no wonder you're not seeing all the pictures. About 50% loaded. Be patient. There are some tweaks to the front page with a few pics and the gallery is new but as it's being uploaded at the moment not all pictures are showing.

Julia
      G4
      Oh!
      *feels like a dork*
      okay.
      *goes off to lurk for awhile*

Thank you for 10 years of Sam Carter, Amanda Tapping!
      My LJ "I Live in a Sci-Fi World"
      My Stargate (Mostly Sam Carter) Icons
      My Stargate Videos
      It's meant to be!

Comment

Originally posted by LtColonelSamC View Post
        Oh!
        *feels like a dork*
        okay.
        *goes off to lurk for awhile*

Tis done! There will be more added at the weekend but this tired G4 and husband need to get some rest.

Enjoy!

Julia
        G4
        To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DEM View Post
          Yup, the whole lot of them. Nona Gaye's and William Fichtner's characters were the ones who touched things off.
          Spoiler:
          Come to find out, Nona Gaye's Karen originally was supposed to do the "affirmative action" scene with Don Cheadle's character. Instead, she ended up standing around ... looking pretty, I guess.
          Pity.

Spoiler:
          I wondered what the heck she was doing, because she really didn't seem to serve a purpose.... Except they evidently wanted to suggest that she'd had an affair with Fraser's character. Whatev.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
            Abby's just so spunky!

We did a sort of TV wishlist here before, but I think it was before so many people joined us. I think ER, CSI, L&O: SVU, LOST and a few others made the cut. What else could you see her in?

I could see her in something by Tina Fey. She writes some really smart, understated (and underrated) comedy.

I would love to see her play a snarky patient or collegue on House.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
              I would love to see her play a snarky patient or collegue on House.
              Oh, yes! I would love to see her sparring (verbally) with House
              I remember reading a great House/SG1 crossover and the scenes between Janet and House were just wonderful
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                Abby's just so spunky!

We did a sort of TV wishlist here before, but I think it was before so many people joined us. I think ER, CSI, L&O: SVU, LOST and a few others made the cut. What else could you see her in?

I could see her in something by Tina Fey. She writes some really smart, understated (and underrated) comedy.

ER would be great. AT playing a Doctor on the show for a few episodes. Plus, one of the actors there already knows how talented she is. Goran Visnjic is reported to be a big fan of SG-1.

Comment

Amanda with a puppy...

click for bigger
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                    Amanda with a puppy...

click for bigger
                    Just though I'd cap this

Jack (off screen): Boy what I wouldn't give to be that puppy!
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
                      I'd love to see Amanda on E.R.!!!! I do agree that besides Sam Carter, Abbie is the strongest female character on t.v. Seeing them together would be very cool.

i wish amanda had the lead/allison part in 'medium'. that's a GREAT character for any actress to play, let alone one as talented as amanda (and patricia arquette).

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                        Yes! But I think the last couple of guesses were just to tease me. I don't think she really meant OH-HIII-OHHH. I grew up in west Toronto, and she grew up in east Toronto, apparently, but that was funny. So was having the entire table (including Amanda) disagree (LOUDLY!) with me that Roger Moore was a better Bond than Sean Connery. I do adore Sean Connery but I still enjoyed Moore better as Bond!
                        I so have to agree with you on this, MG!! I like Moore's bond better, too.
                        In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                        so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                        Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                        Hic Comitas Regit
                        Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                        Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Originally posted by LadyJeep View Post
                          I so have to agree with you on this, MG!! I like Moore's bond better, too.
                          wow, i feel the same.

sean connery is HOT and has only gotten hotter as he's gotten older, but young sean? did nothing for me. i liked roger moore's bond better
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Amanda's new project ... just a thought ...

She said that she is growing her hair long for the part and it would be a lead in a sci-fi production, her production. All well and good but we know that long hair, modern era, military regs would probably prohibit that format. I started thinking more about how long hair is often seen as "old fashioned" or "turn of the century" and then came up with some options. AT has mentioned that she would consider doing a period piece/something historical. What if the long hair has to do with a character from the 19th century, maybe Victorian era? Women in science? There was a woman astronomer whom my daughter researched for a play - can't remember her name right now. Seemed that she did discover a planet or distant sun or something ... I'm drifting. Maybe Amanda is going to portray some female pioneer or maybe it will be a time-travel story and she steps out of that era into the future?

Okay, that's my tuppence! I have another great Sam Carter serendipity tale to tell from today's events but exhausted and will post later this weekend. Snow has finally made its official arrival in the Berkshires.

'Night all and play carefully ... Princess Amy may be lurking!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              wow, i feel the same.

sean connery is HOT and has only gotten hotter as he's gotten older, but young sean? did nothing for me. i liked roger moore's bond better
                              Well you can include me in this group as well, I found Sean's Bond very misogynistic

Now I could see Amanda playing a female Bond type character
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post

Julia
                                G4
                                Julia please tell us, unless it's a private joke, what your fear is concerning the Morris Dancers? I was sitting here giggling at those photo's wondering Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X