No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay everyone the new add is from the new issue of SciFi magazine I received my copy today and I will post some of AT's quotes in my next few posts - there is a 10 page spread on Stargate SG-1 and then 4 pages on Atlantis in the new issue.

Here is a scan of one page - I would scan more of the article but it is not scaning very well so you will just have to live with a few quotes from from AT for tonight - I have an early morning tomorrow as I'm driving to Oregon for a conference so I don't have time to see if I can get the scanner working better.

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Okay here is how the article starts .....

The champagne flowed and the cake was delicious as Stargate Sg-1 celebrated its 200th episode with a break in filming for a party on the set in April. Join the cast and crew as they reminisce about the show's early days, the development of their characters, the creation of the 200th episode and the future of the award-winning series.

First quote is from (drum roll..........

Amanda Tapping (Col. Sam Carter): [Arriving to film the 200th episode] Okay I'm puting this in spoilers well just in case have fun SALLY
      Spoiler:
      It's crazy and mad and bonkers and wonderful that we've come this far, and what's even more crazy is that even with this early a start, we're still having fun. Today is going to be amazing. I'm all fired up. I'm going to be working with Richard Dean Anderson [again], I'm going to OZ, I'm going to squeeze into a dream of a wedding dress, and I'm going to a party. Wanna come?

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady

The champagne flowed and the cake was delicious as Stargate Sg-1 celebrated its 200th episode with a break in filming for a party on the set in April. Join the cast and crew as they reminisce about the show's early days, the development of their characters, the creation of the 200th episode and the future of the award-winning series.

Amanda Tapping (Col. Sam Carter): [Arriving to film the 200th episode] Okay I'm puting this in spoilers well just in case have fun SALLY
        Spoiler:
        It's crazy and mad and bonkers and wonderful that we've come this far, and what's even more crazy is that even with this early a start, we're still having fun. Today is going to be amazing. I'm all fired up. I'm going to be working with Richard Dean Anderson [again], I'm going to OZ, I'm going to squeeze into a dream of a wedding dress, and I'm going to a party. Wanna come?
        Spoiler:
        RDA? Wedding dress? Sally, what does this mean for us shippers?

Comment

Spoiler:
          *doing a weird whimpering and squeeing noise.... over and over*

*doin' that noise again. must go over to shipper thread to explode*

i'm coping this to the shipper thread, okay???

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Do you even have to ask?

Spoiler:
            I think Sal's dead from SQUEEEE poisoning already

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
            Spoiler:
            RDA? Wedding dress? Sally, what does this mean for us shippers?
            sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
              WTF? That's just... wow... OK...

Yeah, so "What the heck does THAT mean?" is definitely moving up to the top of the list of questions for Shore Leave, OK guys?

Thanks for posting this (these?) btw, tsax. You're the bestest! Have a nice trip!

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
                Caption this:

from Gabit Events http://gabitevents.co.uk
                Hi guys i told you that this was where i was for most of s9!
                ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by tara3583
                  Is that a quote or a personal testimony?

Comment

Oooh I haven't seen that one before. Fan!Girl Amanda right??

Originally posted by tara3583
                    sigpic

Comment

AT: [On growing her character] When Sam first made her appearance, she was your stereotypical female-in-the-military type character. I spoke with the producers and told them I didn't want to portary sam as an overly ambitious, one-dimensional creature spouting diatribes. Isaw her as a warm, intelligent, sensitive woman with a wry sense of humor and endless compassion. Thankfully, they agreed and have allowed me to develop her in that way.

AT: Of course, it hasn't all been plain sailing for Sam. I mean, have you seen her record in the romance stakes? Fans call her the Black Widow, you know, 'cause a kiss from her is like the Kiss of Death. Jonas Hansen from Season one; Narim, season two; fan favorite Martouf, season three; Sam's husband Joe, season four; Orlin, season five; Fifth, season six; and then lovely Pete Shanahan season sevean. All of 'em either died, went mad or had their hearts broken. I mean, come on! Give the girl a break. I think the writers are determined to torture the fans who want to see Jack O'Neill and Sam together forever. But who knows? This season is but young. They might get it together in season 10.

Comment

*sends some vibes AT's way*

Talk about command... Talk about command...

Comment

AT: [On growing her character] When Sam first made her appearance, she was your stereotypical female-in-the-military type character. I spoke with the producers and told them I didn't want to portary sam as an overly ambitious, one-dimensional creature spouting diatribes. Isaw her as a warm, intelligent, sensitive woman with a wry sense of humor and endless compassion. Thankfully, they agreed and have allowed me to develop her in that way.
                          Thank God! AT is brilliant!
                          I mean, come on! Give the girl a break. I think the writers are determined to torture the fans who want to see Jack O'Neill and Sam together forever. But who knows? This season is but young. They might get it together in season 10.
                          *Joins Sally in squeeing*

Comment

Yes Sally you may take anything to another thread

Comment

AT: [On growing her character] When Sam first made her appearance, she was your stereotypical female-in-the-military type character. I spoke with the producers and told them I didn't want to portary sam as an overly ambitious, one-dimensional creature spouting diatribes. I saw her as a warm, intelligent, sensitive woman with a wry sense of humor and endless compassion. Thankfully, they agreed and have allowed me to develop her in that way.
                              This is one of my favorite quotes from AT!
                              Thanks so much for posting this tsax! Tried to green you, but I'm banned from giving you the green right now, so as someone said so aptly earlier, 'consider yourself slimed'!

Comment

Yes Sally you may take anything to another thread

after how upset that scifi mag ad made me, this is a *wonderful* gift!

goes to share your second part of amanda's interview.

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X