Oh is that Ambermoon's credit card?
    (see I can keep it PG )
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
      Caption this...

click for bigger
      "Oh! Maybe I shouldn't have said that about calling up Teryl... I think someone is having a heart attack in aisle E. Where's Kelspook?"

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
        Caption this...

click for bigger
        cue canadian accent:

Ski boooots ya say?
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          cue canadian accent:

Ski boooots ya say?
          We are not amused
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
            We are not amused
            Oh sure we are. She was hamming it up on stage like that the whole time.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
            ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
              Oh sure we are. She was hamming it up on stage like that the whole time.
              Oh, okay, now that I know the circumstances, about my previous post ....nevermind
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                Oh, okay, now that I know the circumstances, about my previous post ....nevermind
                that's ok. as the token canadian in our group there, my ACCENT got poked fun at, too. Of course I also did some poking (fun, you gutter dwellers, fun!), I think I ribbed TJ and Ambermoon a good bit. And maybe Scari also, I can't recall. And Spazzy had the good grace to point out every single bloody time I said EH, eh?

There was actually a lovely young lady from Belgium (I think?) that I met on the last morning, whose accent was closer to mine than Ambermoon's! (Oh and Mandy, Spazzy thought FRENCH was the primary language in Canada. I'm dead serious. ).

Comment

yes, i was referring to amanda and her 'rick in ski boots and a smile'

which kinda matched the look on her face

ok, if i didn't screw it up, here are by gabit and avalon pics

avalon
                  http://pics.livejournal.com/skydiver...llery/00012rhr

AT2
                  http://pics.livejournal.com/skydiver...llery/000133xr
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

that's ok. as the token canadian in our group there, my ACCENT got poked fun at, too. Of course I also did some poking (fun, you gutter dwellers, fun!), I think I ribbed TJ and Ambermoon a good bit. And maybe Scari also, I can't recall. And Spazzy had the good grace to point out every single bloody time I said EH, eh?

There was actually a lovely young lady from Belgium (I think?) that I met on the last morning, whose accent was closer to mine than Ambermoon's! (Oh and Mandy, Spazzy thought FRENCH was the primary language in Canada. I'm dead serious. ).
                    And I'm here in this country to improve my English I have to say I think I already got the "eh" thing not sure if it's an improvement or not
                    sigpic

Comment

Mini constantly took the piss out of my accent. I have absolutely NO idea why, though!
                      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Famantha View Post
                        And I'm here in this country to improve my English I have to say I think I already got the "eh" thing not sure if it's an improvement or not
                        Folks in the eastern maritime provinces have a very marked accent, imho, and a dialect that I can't even understand on a good day. i don't know what they're saying half the time and that archetype often ends up a character on Canadian TV as a "typical Canadian" (which is SO not true). So it's understandable how folks in the US and abroad might think we're either French, or impossible to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          yes, i was referring to amanda and her 'rick in ski boots and a smile'

which kinda matched the look on her face

ok, if i didn't screw it up, here are by gabit and avalon pics

avalon
                          http://pics.livejournal.com/skydiver...llery/00012rhr

AT2
                          http://pics.livejournal.com/skydiver...llery/000133xr
                          Squeee! More pics! Too bad we don't have any of Rick in his.....smile.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                            Mini constantly took the piss out of my accent. I have absolutely NO idea why, though!
                            Because I LOVE it! It's so pretty and English. And pretty.... and English. I just wanted to hug you constantly. Actually I think i DID hug you constantly... lol

Comment

*Wipes tears from eyes*

Oh that's a good one, I just can't stop laughing
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Because I LOVE it! It's so pretty and English. And pretty.... and English. I just wanted to hug you constantly. Actually I think i DID hug you constantly... lol
                                LOL. You say that like it's a bad thing! You know what? That's what I LOVED about Gabit. All the hugs. In fact, I think that may have been the last time I had a proper, proper hug. The two girls who came to my baptism gave very..... conservative, baby hugs.

I just noticed Julia on here... she gives awesome hugs too. In all seriousness, I loved the whole event, but I just ADORED the hugs.
                                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Working...
                                X