No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okey-dokey and not that it makes much diff but here's what I thought when I first saw the pictures - it's not Cam in the front it's a real AF pilot and the way they will film it will make Sam look like she is the pilot so they will really be in the air (you can almost tell that the way she is prepping and making sure it is all just right just seems to say to me that they are going up for real, why else would they seem to take sooo much care in getting ready, and BB certainly isn't piloting one of those things for real. Plus really looking at it the guy just doesn't look like BB sitting there. I think the "pilot" is the real AF guy who is seen in one of the pics helping AT get ready and my bet is he is the "snap" Johnson whose name is on the side of the plane). My guess is Sam will be the pilot of one of the planes while Cam is piloting the other and they both have to have backseat to the real pilots so the magic of film will make them appear to be piloting - make sense?

EDITED - come to think of it now that I look more close at the pic of the one with 2 people in the plane they both look like men - I do not think that AT is one of them. Someone look close and tell me what you think??

Comment

Spoiler:
      Even if she isn't depicted as the primary pilot, Mitchell's claim to fame is supposedly as a pilot. If I were Sam, I'd let him fly too. Not because I couldn't do it, or do it well, but because it'd be a little silly to demand the front seat without a good reason. Sam's got a lot of great skills and I'm sure she's a fantastic pilot also, but according to his backstory, Mitchell is to pilot what Sam Carter is to astrophysicist. Why shouldn't he fly?

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Re: Comic Con - The two Stargate panels will more than likely be back to back either Friday or Saturday in Hall 20. Depending on what panels are before them Gate panels along with how important it is to sit close to the stage will determine how early you need to get to the hall. Last year the SG1/SGA panels were the four and fifth panels of the day on Saturday. The first panel of the day was Lost and the hall filled early for that panel. Then it was wait in line to get in for panels after Lost. When Lost panel ended a large number of people left the hall and it refilled for the Simpsons panel. The Legends of SciFi panel just before the gate panels was not very well attended and it was during this panel that I moved up to the second row. The hall filled again for the Gate panels.

As for Sanctuary while I have not heard anything confirmed if they are doing a panel I would bet it will be in either hall 6A or 6B.

Break down of hall seating
        Hall 20 - 4,250
        Hall 6A & 6B - 1,000
        Hall 6CDEF (all one big hall) - 2,000
        Hall H - 6,500

The Lost panel is scheduled for Friday this year. Heroes will also have a panel (I'm betting first panel on Sat in Hall 20). Battlestar will be back, 4400 will return. I'm sure SciFi will have a Flash Gordon panel to promote the new show.

There is a lot to see and do at Comic Con and no way to see it all. They will start posting schedules on the web site two weeks before the con. But if you are just coming in for the day be warned that the schedule often changes last minute. When you check in and pick up your badge you will get a program book for the week, but you will want to go down to the exhibit hall - outside each one they have news stands with newpapers of individual daily schedules and these are the most accurate schedules. However they have been know to switch halls for panels as well.
        My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
          Spoiler:
          Even if she isn't depicted as the primary pilot, Mitchell's claim to fame is supposedly as a pilot. If I were Sam, I'd let him fly too. Not because I couldn't do it, or do it well, but because it'd be a little silly to demand the front seat without a good reason. Sam's got a lot of great skills and I'm sure she's a fantastic pilot also, but according to his backstory, Mitchell is to pilot what Sam Carter is to astrophysicist. Why shouldn't he fly?
          I have no problem with
          Spoiler:
          Cam piloting one of the planes. I'd sure be interested in seeing her fly the other one, though.
          The whole Sam as pilot question was never answered satisfactorily in my mind in the series. To me it makes more sense for her to have been AWACS crew in the Gulf War (especially since she doesn't wear wings), but I love seeing Sam in the cockpit.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
            I have no problem with
            Spoiler:
            Cam piloting one of the planes. I'd sure be interested in seeing her fly the other one, though.
            The whole Sam as pilot question was never answered satisfactorily in my mind in the series. To me it makes more sense for her to have been AWACS crew in the Gulf War (especially since she doesn't wear wings), but I love seeing Sam in the cockpit.
            But they sure showed her as a pilot in Covenant, even if they don't put wings on her uniform...prop people
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
              But they sure showed her as a pilot in Covenant, even if they don't put wings on her uniform...prop people
              True enough and that was cool. I always thought she'd have been something like a weapons officer given her expertise with painting targets & firing missiles. I looked up AWACS stuff and a Lt. could have been a weapons officer/controller

Comment

Hey y'all! I just hop in to say that: Tomorrow I get my DIPLOMA at the Proclamation Ceremony

Oh I try to hop in more often OK?

Greets

Daivy

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                  Going right back to COtG and her first appearance in the episode...

"KAWALSKY: I think what the Colonel is saying is... have you ever pulled out of a simulated bombing run in an F-16 at 8-plus Gs?

CARTER: Yes."

I always took that to mean that she was flying the aeroplane. I am told that while there are a few two seater F-16s, they are mostly single seater fighters.

I'll be happy to wait and see.

Spoiler:
                  She has her 'birds'. Just looked at the AF film again and can't quite see Cam's shoulders... In the long run, since it's an AU and time-travel story, what does it matter??

Kay aka Mumsey
                  For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                    Going right back to COtG and her first appearance in the episode...

"KAWALSKY: I think what the Colonel is saying is... have you ever pulled out of a simulated bombing run in an F-16 at 8-plus Gs?

CARTER: Yes."

I always took that to mean that she was flying the aeroplane. I am told that while there are a few two seater F-16s, they are mostly single seater fighters.
                    Yes, but they [the two-seaters] are for training. For training pilots

And that's what a simulated bombing run in an F-16 would be for: training a pilot to do a bombing run.
                    Last edited by scarimor; 26 June 2007, 11:42 AM.
                    scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
                      Yes, but they're for training. For training pilots

And that's what a simulated bombing run in an F-16 would be for: training a pilot to do a bombing run.
                      Yep that's how I see it to Now if only the prop people had seen it.
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
                        Spoiler:

There are both one-seat and two-seat models of the F-15. It looks like they had one of each on set. In this cap, I believe Amanda is sitting in the one-seat model.
                        Spoiler:
                        I believe the 114th FS operates the F-15A/B variants of which the A is a single seat and a B is a two seat designed for training. However the 2nd seat in the B model is not a mandatory crew position, and doesn't have any controls for the combat avionics/weaponry. They are often flown with an empty 2nd seat and have the same warfighting capability as the A model anyway.

Originally posted by antoa315
                        Spoiler:
                        I know N John Smith was talking about them going to San Diego to fly in some fighter planes and land on an air craft carrier, but he didn't specifically say that they would be filming.
                        Spoiler:
                        Aircraft carrier :O I thought this was an US Air Force sponsored show, not a US Navy one lol

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                          Spoiler:
                          Aircraft carrier :O I thought this was an US Air Force sponsored show, not a US Navy one lol
                          Yeep. I realised this after I watched the vid. And the fact that they were in Vancouver, not San Diego. So totally different.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            I believe the 114th FS operates the F-15A/B variants of which the A is a single seat and a B is a two seat designed for training. However the 2nd seat in the B model is not a mandatory crew position, and doesn't have any controls for the combat avionics/weaponry. They are often flown with an empty 2nd seat and have the same warfighting capability as the A model anyway.

Spoiler:
                            Spoiler:
                            Very often in the US the Navy will house the planes and whatnot for the Air Force since most planes can't float on water.
                            sigpic
                            I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                              Thanks! But
                              Spoiler:
                              I didn't like them referring to BB as the "lead actor" of the show. and Mitchell was labeled as "Col." --wouldn't the Air Force be specific between Lt. Col and Col.? then again, they called them AF officers "from the future."
                              yeah i wasn't too keen on that either.
                              Spoiler:

and even if they are going with a lead actor, lead actress thing there, wouldn't daniel be the male lead? (the answer i'm looking for is yes).

anyway, i have a sneaky suspicion that they didn't just accidentally leave out the "lt." from cams rank. and they don't look like no oak leaves on his shoulders either.

we couldn't possibly reward the ten years hard work of one character without rewarding the two years of mostly juvinile fun and games with a bit of action hero thrown in from their "lead" now could we? oiy. and just when i was starting to like what they were doing with cam.

anyway, it would still make sense to have mitchell piloting if they have 2 seater planes. but early on in that video there, i thought i saw a brief glimpse of RDA in a plane there with a helmet and sunglasses on. i guess it must have just been the real pilot they had in the vid though seems how nobody else thought the same, and they didn't mention him at all.

well, back on topic, DANG those eagles look right on her shoulders! and amanda looks like she's havin' some fun in that plane too.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie View Post
                                yeah i wasn't too keen on that either.
                                Spoiler:

and even if they are going with a lead actor, lead actress thing there, wouldn't daniel be the male lead? (the answer i'm looking for is yes).

anyway, i have a sneaky suspicion that they didn't just accidentally leave out the "lt." from cams rank. and they don't look like no oak leaves on his shoulders either.

we couldn't possibly reward the ten years hard work of one character without rewarding the two years of mostly juvinile fun and games with a bit of action hero thrown in from their "lead" now could we? oiy. and just when i was starting to like what they were doing with cam.

anyway, it would still make sense to have mitchell piloting if they have 2 seater planes. but early on in that video there, i thought i saw a brief glimpse of RDA in a plane there with a helmet and sunglasses on. i guess it must have just been the real pilot they had in the vid though seems how nobody else thought the same, and they didn't mention him at all.

well, back on topic, DANG those eagles look right on her shoulders! and amanda looks like she's havin' some fun in that plane too.

Yeah, when I heard that bit I twitched ever so slightly. I can't help it - it's a dulled reflex now.

ETA:
                                Spoiler:
                                And the more I see about it, the more I'm convinced that Cameron and Sam are BOTH promoted to full bird for the films.

I'm just a fan of referring to this cast as an ensemble.

Spoiler:
                                And I tried not to overanalyze it and assume that the Air Force would naturally assume that Ben Browder was the lead, simply because all signs have pointed to BB being considered the lead since Day One.

Bygones, I suppose.

All of this promotional stuff is pretty cool to check out, though. It's unfortunate that it's all coming out a year earlier than the release of the movie.

ETA2: Yes, thanks RoX and Kat for the pics and vids! Very cool!

ETA3:

SamFan31 posted this on that pic thread, and I was trying to figure out where it came from. Anyone know?
                                Last edited by the dancer of spaz; 26 June 2007, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X