Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yunadax
    Morning All,
    fresh newbie here I'm only just getting into Stargate (was into Trek when Stargate was on free to air here, so I guess I'm a late bloomer (thanks Aussie satellite TV!). Anyways, Sam's is a great role model for me (and I'm sure lots of other aussie women). To be respected as 'one of the boys' in a male dominated environment aint easy to do (I'm a firefighter so its definately male dominated), so its nice to see a woman holding her own in front of the men!

Look forward to chatting with you all

Cheers

Jules
    WELCOME TO SAMANDA JULES

And yes Sam is really a great role model! I think everyone here will say that! She means something for everyone of us... maybe not the same...but we all adore her

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
      Sam: I wonder if scari's had that heartattack that MandySG1 was worried about. I mean really...who'd have a heartattack over handcuffs, leather catsuit and a whip? It's all perfectly harmless...and Jack doesn't seem to mind...
      Well I guess she hasn't since she's been busy in the blue jello corner, trying to figure out what to do with Sam and Janet's pasties
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1

Huh, did you say something scari
        I can see them fly...am I insane or crazy now

ooh what are we going to do with Mandy?!? We really need those men in white coats for her again

Comment

Morning All,
          fresh newbie here I'm only just getting into Stargate (was into Trek when Stargate was on free to air here, so I guess I'm a late bloomer (thanks Aussie satellite TV!). Anyways, Sam's is a great role model for me (and I'm sure lots of other aussie women). To be respected as 'one of the boys' in a male dominated environment aint easy to do (I'm a firefighter so its definately male dominated), so its nice to see a woman holding her own in front of the men!

Cheers

Jules
          * waves hello *

welcome to the thread
          -

Comment

Spoiler:

Huh, did you say something scari
            Ooooh, bacon! Yummeeee!
            scarimor

Comment

Well I guess she hasn't since she's been busy in the blue jello corner, trying to figure out what to do with Sam and Janet's pasties
              Juggle.
              scarimor

Comment

Morning All,

Cheers

Jules
                Welcome to the thread!

Do do you work for the New South Wales Fire Brigades? I know a fellow in Sydney, lovely chap, brought me Tim-Tams so I could finally experience what the big fuss is all about... He also gave me a NSWFB ballcap and T-shirt, both of which I cherish!

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
                  *looks at KatG strangely...

You talking to me?

If so...thanks! I couldn't resist.
                  Yeah. I'm talkin' to you. Wanna make something of it?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                    Welcome to the thread!

Do do you work for the New South Wales Fire Brigades? I know a fellow in Sydney, lovely chap, brought me Tim-Tams so I could finally experience what the big fuss is all about... He also gave me a NSWFB ballcap and T-shirt, both of which I cherish!
                    Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

No I'm not with the NSW FB, I do alot of work for the NSW Rural Fire Service, my local brigade is fairly active so I spend a lot of time out with the boys on the truck. I'm one of like 2 active women out of 35 men - talk about a boys club!

I take it you guys dont have TimTams over there??? How can anyone not have the chocolately goodness of them?? am shocked! Seriously missing out there you are

Cheers

Jules

Jules

Comment

Hey everyone, sorry for my absence. I've been really busy doing bushfire prevention work in the country all last week, as the bushfire season is approaching fast. So I've been out of internet contact, and the last few days since I've been back I've been a bit wiped out. I hope I haven't missed anything big, and hope to catch up with posts in the next few days.
                      I also got my new DVD boxset of season 9 yesterday, so I can now watch the eps I missed and more .

I've been missing you guys !

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Morning All,

Cheers

Jules
                        Welcome!
                        have lots of fun!!

Thank you for 10 years of Sam Carter, Amanda Tapping!
                        My LJ "I Live in a Sci-Fi World"
                        My Stargate (Mostly Sam Carter) Icons
                        My Stargate Videos
                        It's meant to be!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                          yep she gives good dead like someone told me in my rep comments that i give good green

course at gatecon a couple of years ago, the boys teased her about being a 'finisher' (meaning that she'd finish the scene/lines....but you know, ahem )

and poor at, who was in the audience? Alan's parents
                          I wouldn't worry about Alan's parents. There is every chance they're as square as me and have no idea what being a 'finisher' means. (At least in a naughty context.)

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
                            I wouldn't worry about Alan's parents. There is every chance they're as square as me and have no idea what being a 'finisher' means. (At least in a naughty context.)
                            Well Deejay in that case I guess you can borrow this
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
                              Yeah. I'm talkin' to you. Wanna make something of it?
                              No, was just checking.
                              sigpic
                              I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Fly-by post:

As many of you may know, SG-1Poz had major back surgery today. trupi just posted an e-mail from Poz's daughter on the S/J Ship Thread. Since trupi doesn't post here, I thought I should repost it, so you'd be up to date:

Melissa

Originally posted by trupi
                                Here's the email from Poz's daughter concerning her condition:

Hello all,

For those who don't already know, I'm Meghan, Maria's daughter. She set me to the task of updating with you all as soon as I got any pertinent information regarding her surgery, so here goes :

Her surgery began at around 8:45 this morning. It lasted until just about 6:45pm (which was about 3 hours longer than expected). The doctors have said that she remained stable, and held her own throughout the entire thing. The surgery went well and according to them, some of the pressure is already off of her spine.

She is now in the Critical Care Unit at Johns Hopkins, where they are letting her come out of anesthesia to make sure she is able to move her legs and is alright. From there, they will most likely start her on painkillers and let her rest tonight. As far as I know, if all goes well, she will be moved to a room tomorrow. Provided everything goes fine, she will be able to see visitors starting then.

I will be calling the hospital tomorrow to get updates when I can and I will let you all know if anything changes. Once I get more information, I will pass that forward as well.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers,

~Meghan

Comment

Working...
                                X