No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poz, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I pray for comfort for you and your family.
    sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
    May we all be so well loved.

Comment

I find it a shame that there is no question in our minds about whether or not to express our condolences to Poz, yet we refrain from doing the same for Amanda. She, too, is a member of our community who is mourning. I don't think it is an invasion of privacy for us to express our sympathies, and I don't believe that any sympathy we express can possibly increase her grief, whether she reads our statements now, in six months or never. Many things she encounters in the coming months and years will remind her of her brother, and there's no avoiding it, whether we are silent or not. So...

Amanda, I wish Godspeed to your brother's soul and healing for you and your family in this time of grief.
      sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
      May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz View Post
        I just received the call......My Mom is at Peace now.
        My most sincere condolences Poz. My thoughts are with you and your family in this difficult time.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
          (((Poz)))

I know this may not help to ease the pain right now, but I truly believe that your mom has passed on to a much better place. I found this poem this morning and thought it was really beautiful so I decided I'd share it with you. So much sadness for Samanda this week. Hopefully all of our hearts and spirits will begin to heal soon.

Spoiler:

I find an old photograph
          and see your smile.
          As I feel your presence anew,
          I am filled with warmth
          and my heart remembers love.

I read an old card
          sent many years ago
          during a time of turmoil and confusion.
          The soothing words written then
          still caress my spirit
          and bring me peace.

I remember who you used to be
          the laughter we shared
          and wonder what you have become.
          Where are you now,
          Where did you go,
          When the body is left behind
          and the spirit is released to fly?

Perhaps you are the morning bird
          singing joyfully at sunrise,
          or the butterfly that dances
          so carelessly on the breeze
          or the rainbow of colors
          that brightens a stormy sky
          or the fingers of afternoon mist
          delicately reaching over the mountains
          or the final few rays of the setting sun
          lighting up the skies
          edging the clouds with a magical glow.

I miss your being
          but I feel your presence,
          In whatever form you choose to take,
          however you now choose to be.

Your spirit has become for me
          a guardian angel on high
          guiding, advising, and watching over me.

I remember you.
          You are with me
          and I am not afraid.

~Kirsti A. Dyer, MD, MS
          Thank so much for this Kat.*sniff* I have copied it and plan on using as part of my eulogy for her.

Also, thank you all. You guys are truly helping me get through yet another terrible experience this year. I wish I could hug everyone in person but cyber hugs are the next best thing. (((((((((((((SAMANDANS))))))))))))))

Deej, feeling better today I hope?

Comment

I am so sorry. My thought and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time.

Comment

My sincere condolences to SG1Poz. It's just hard to lose a parent, no matter how old, no matter what the circumstances.

And, are the Samandans organizing any group expression for Amanda? People might consider a donation to Epilepsy Canada in memory of her brother, Steven Tapping with notification sent to Amanda Tapping, c/o Bridge Studios, 2400 Boundary Road, Burnaby, BC, Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                I find it a shame that there is no question in our minds about whether or not to express our condolences to Poz, yet we refrain from doing the same for Amanda. She, too, is a member of our community who is mourning. I don't think it is an invasion of privacy for us to express our sympathies, and I don't believe that any sympathy we express can possibly increase her grief, whether she reads our statements now, in six months or never. Many things she encounters in the coming months and years will remind her of her brother, and there's no avoiding it, whether we are silent or not. So...

Amanda, I wish Godspeed to your brother's soul and healing for you and your family in this time of grief.
                Thank you for your support of me and my views in this matter.

Comment

I don't exactly know where I stand on this. I don't think that anyone who expresses their condolences is wrong. However, for as long as I've been a fan of Stargate, it seems that AT has been relatively private about her family. And I can totally understand why. She has many, many fans who care about her and what goes on in her life, but that doesn't necessarily mean that she wants that to spill over into the lives of her loved ones.

I've met Poz in person, and she's been able to let us know how she's doing on the thread because of our community, which is so great. I have no problems with expressing my condolences to Poz, someone whom I really do know personally.

On the flip side, I don't really see Amanda Tapping as a member of our community. She's the reason why we've all come together and met each other on this forum, but very few of us here really know her personally like we do Poz.

That doesn't mean I think people shouldn't say what's on their mind about what's going on in AT's life, but I honestly don't think we can compare our closeness to a forum member to our admiration of AT.

Comment

Very well said. We love you Maria. Know that our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

(((((((((Poz)))))))))

And six months from now...if Maria or Amanda decide to take a stroll through memory lane and see what we said? Well...they'll see nothing but an outpouring of love and support.
                    (((Poz)))

I know this may not help to ease the pain right now, but I truly believe that your mom has passed on to a much better place. I found this poem this morning and thought it was really beautiful so I decided I'd share it with you. So much sadness for Samanda this week. Hopefully all of our hearts and spirits will begin to heal soon.

Spoiler:

I find an old photograph
                    and see your smile.
                    As I feel your presence anew,
                    I am filled with warmth
                    and my heart remembers love.

I read an old card
                    sent many years ago
                    during a time of turmoil and confusion.
                    The soothing words written then
                    still caress my spirit
                    and bring me peace.

I remember who you used to be
                    the laughter we shared
                    and wonder what you have become.
                    Where are you now,
                    Where did you go,
                    When the body is left behind
                    and the spirit is released to fly?

Perhaps you are the morning bird
                    singing joyfully at sunrise,
                    or the butterfly that dances
                    so carelessly on the breeze
                    or the rainbow of colors
                    that brightens a stormy sky
                    or the fingers of afternoon mist
                    delicately reaching over the mountains
                    or the final few rays of the setting sun
                    lighting up the skies
                    edging the clouds with a magical glow.

I miss your being
                    but I feel your presence,
                    In whatever form you choose to take,
                    however you now choose to be.

Your spirit has become for me
                    a guardian angel on high
                    guiding, advising, and watching over me.

I remember you.
                    You are with me
                    and I am not afraid.

~Kirsti A. Dyer, MD, MS
                    Wow that's a fantastic poem Kat!
                    Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                    Sam: Sir, why don't pick up your golf balls from the ramp?
                    BWAHAHA! And this was post Window of Opportunity too.
                    Originally posted by parsifal View Post
                    Thanks for the link.

On a somewhat related note, does anyone know what happened to Amanda's 200th Episode Special Outtake on SCIFI Pulse? It's not where it used to be.
                    It's not there anymore. They took it down before I had a chance to save a copy.
                    Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
                    I'm drooling here....

So.

Not.

Androgynous.
                    Originally posted by Strix varia View Post
                    Androgenous?

All those go'aulds wandering around in skimpy outfits? Teal'c? Oh yeah... there's not an overtly masculine bone in his body. RDA and Michael Shanks? Terribly girly. And Amanda... she's so butch she's often mistaken for a man...

Not.

Are they even watching the same show?

Do they not understand that there is more to sex-appeal than bare skin, exposed boobs, and tight leather pants?

Oh wait, dumb question.
                    I don't get it either, guys. Even in baggy BDU's, Amanda looks hot. Very feminine. The men? They look incredibly hot.

The way they talk about the cast, you'd think the show was full of Pat's. [you know...Pat from Saturday Night Live?]
                    Jack( off-screen ): Wow. Who'da thunk that after all these years that a simple kiss would have this kind of affect on her.

*And see... I did it so even the non S/J shippers can believe it was talking about their ship as well.* LOL
                    Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
                    Yeah, you'd have thought by now she'd have been used to the boys snogging in the gate room!

FF
                    *snerk*

Too funny.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                      Very well said. We love you Maria. Know that our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

(((((((((Poz)))))))))

And six months from now...if Maria or Amanda decide to take a stroll through memory lane and see what we said? Well...they'll see nothing but an outpouring of love and support.Wow that's a fantastic poem Kat!BWAHAHA! And this was post Window of Opportunity too. It's not there anymore. They took it down before I had a chance to save a copy.
                      I don't get it either, guys. Even in baggy BDU's, Amanda looks hot. Very feminine. The men? They look incredibly hot.

The way they talk about the cast, you'd think the show was full of Pat's. [you know...Pat from Saturday Night Live?]*snerk*

Too funny.
                      Nice balance Oooobs.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                        Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                        Jack( off-screen ): Wow. Who'da thunk that after all these years that a simple kiss would have this kind of affect on her.

*And see... I did it so even the non S/J shippers can believe it was talking about their ship as well.* LOL
                        Originally posted by Frostfox
                        Yeah, you'd have thought by now she'd have been used to the boys snogging in the gate room!

FF
                        Too funny.
                        See, I did it so the J/T, T/C, D/C and Hammond/Thor shippers could believe it was their ship too.

FF who doesn't really see Sam the career soldier as swooning over a little male on male action (at least not after associating with Janet for a year or two, Janet probably took her to see male jello wrestling)
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                          I don't exactly know where I stand on this. I don't think that anyone who expresses their condolences is wrong. However, for as long as I've been a fan of Stargate, it seems that AT has been relatively private about her family. And I can totally understand why. She has many, many fans who care about her and what goes on in her life, but that doesn't necessarily mean that she wants that to spill over into the lives of her loved ones.

I've met Poz in person, and she's been able to let us know how she's doing on the thread because of our community, which is so great. I have no problems with expressing my condolences to Poz, someone whom I really do know personally.

On the flip side, I don't really see Amanda Tapping as a member of our community. She's the reason why we've all come together and met each other on this forum, but very few of us here really know her personally like we do Poz.

That doesn't mean I think people shouldn't say what's on their mind about what's going on in AT's life, but I honestly don't think we can compare our closeness to a forum member to our admiration of AT.
                          Spaz, I've only personally met a spec of the folks around GW verses Amanda, who of course has met many. I can only speak from my heart that even the support from cyber friends, has helped me deal with this and the loss of my husband of 24 years marraige, just two years ago. I need this extra boost of strength and support to keep myself emotionally stable during these times. Do you think they make sympathy and prayer cards to make folks in the same predicament sad? No, they are to reflect ones feelings of sorrow and support for the person they care for. I feel for Amanda not only due to the timing of our recent loss but because she has proven to be a caring and empathetic person of those she hardly knows. Why shouldn't we show her the same?
                          Last edited by SG1Poz; 30 December 2006, 05:53 AM.

Comment

((((((((poz))))))))
                            ((((((((poz family)))))))

Let me know if you need anything. My thoughts, prayers and good vibes are speeding their way to you and yours.
                            sigpic
                            I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                              ((((((((poz))))))))
                              ((((((((poz family)))))))

Let me know if you need anything. My thoughts, prayers and good vibes are speeding their way to you and yours.
                              All of the above will do fine Sun Thanks and just take care of yourself too.

Comment

i will say one thing guys...ok two

and i'm not wanting this topic to derail this thread.

First of all, how did fans find out about STeven's death??? Some 'oh so kind' neighbor took it upon herself to plaster it on a public forum. Someone that had NO RIGHT AT ALL to spread such news. Because of this, a family's private grief was made public.

Consider how you would feel if some aspect of your private life was suddenly spalshed all over the net? I know how i felt when i went in for some medical tests and then my mom had to go and tell my sisters...who i wasnt gonna tell. I felt betrayed.

I'm not picking on anyone, i'm just saying.

Second...please, don't send stuff to Bridge about Steven. Remember just a few months ago when AT said that she'd gotten two boxes of mail from MGM from TWO YEARS ago??? She's not gonna be back on that set for weeks. Would you want a time bomb like that waiting for you?

If you wish to send donations to the epilepsy foundation, that's your business. If you wish to send it in Steven's name, again that's your business. But please consider the time delay before you send anything to Bridge.

It is also possible that the family will make a decision if they want a memorial fund. And if they do, i'm pretty sure it'll be announced on Kamil's site. You might want to consider waiting a bit and see what the family wants.

As i remember how it felt when i buried my grandparents, right now they might just want a bit of privacy to gatehr themselves, grieve and deal with things before they start thinking of other stuff.
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X