Hey Sky, I can thwap Oooober for you if you want, really I don't mind
    sure, thwap away
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      and we'll have a fin time. we'll get along swimmingly

on a scale of 1 to 10, it'll be a 10
      10 on a tin. Over a fire grilling with some lemon and scallions. With some s'mores more dessert.

Are we fin-ished with this tail?

Suse
      sigpic
      Mourning Sanctuary.
      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse
        10 on a tin. Over a fire grilling with some lemon and scallions. With some s'mores more dessert.

Are we fin-ished with this tail?

Suse
        yeah, guess it's time to cut bait and move on (and bed time for me too)
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

sure, thwap away
          Weeeeeeeee! Ooooober whumpage.

ON EDIT: Sky...you replied rather quickly to Mandy's request ya know. 10:55PM EST to 10:57PM EST. Two minutes. I mean, where's the love and support, I ask you???

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
            Weeeeeeeee! Ooooober whumpage.

How's that?
            sigpic
            I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by suse
              Originally posted by AD
              Oh, when I was doing it, I got the impression that it wasn't so much as 'how do you rate the actual humour/action of the show?', but more 'do you like humour/action in the show?'
              D'oh! Told you I overthink these things.
              Yes, there is that, but they're kinda the same, aren't they? Or at least very highly correlated. For example, Stargate SG-1's Gen George Hammond doesn't exist apart from... Stargate SG-1. For another example: I don't like green meanies in SG-1 because RCC couldn't write a decent green meanie to save his cousin's life. Know what I mean?

You should see what I do to personality tests. Amazingly, they still find I have one. <sigh>
              Really? Would you mind a second opinion?

Comment

sure, thwap away
                Ooooh Okay

Über

But you realize that she really likes it don't you?
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Yeah I had a problem with the survey as well ... example, how do you rate travel through the Stargate? (or some such wording) Well what are they asking about? How are the writers handling the Stargate travel... well we rarely see it? OR are they asking me if I like that aspect of the show over the last 10 years.... well ummm it is called Stargate!

So unfortunately I'm not a mind reader and neither are the ones that will analyze the results. I found myself comparing the overall value of the series thinking about season 1 - 10 and answering the survey based on that. So while some aspect dropped considerably in the last two seasons, it only dropped my response down one level in the survey. I may have been way off base, but that's how I answered the survey... I too wish they had a comments section.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux

How's that?
                    Yay! Ooooooober!lurve.

*feels all warm and fuzzy*

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                      Ooooh Okay

Über

But you realize that she really likes it don't you?
                      Who *owie* spilled the *owie* beans???

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux

How's that?
                        I originally thought that animation was going to be something else.... At least, the start is the same as another that is used on less 'mature' forums ;|

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                          I originally thought that animation was going to be something else....
                          You mean it isN'T? oops.

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
                            Yes, there is that, but they're kinda the same, aren't they? Or at least very highly correlated. For example, Stargate SG-1's Gen George Hammond doesn't exist apart from... Stargate SG-1. For another example: I don't like green meanies in SG-1 because RCC couldn't write a decent green meanie to save his cousin's life. Know what I mean?
                            'Do you like humour in Stargate' as opposed to 'Do you like The Humour in Stargate'. As in do you like humour in the show as a generalisation, not do you like the specific humour in Stargate. That's how I read it anyway :>

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
                              You mean it isN'T? oops.
                              Well. Generally the smiley on the 'receiving' end doesn't look so happy about it. Gives it a bit of a different meaning then

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                                'Do you like humour in Stargate' as opposed to 'Do you like The Humour in Stargate'. As in do you like humour in the show as a generalisation, not do you like the specific humour in Stargate. That's how I read it anyway :>
                                Yeaaaahhhh, I think I get what you're saying ... sorta ... in an abstract way ... but then I can't hang on to that distinction in practice. (Throughout all of this I've had the questionnaire open in another tab.) The scale is Poor - Excellent, so you're rating aspects of the show, rather than indicating your desires (Want/Like Not at all - Very Much), per se.

Q1: How would you rate the Go'auld in Stargate: SG-1?
                                A1: Excellent (because they talk funny and are très chic).

Q1: How would you rate THE Go'auld in Stargate: SG-1?
                                A2: Errr... is this a trick question?

Whatever (implicit) stem one uses must apply to all of the questions.

Comment

Working...
                                X