• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good news, Deejay - happy dance!

And happy birthday Carterslave

scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
      If you really want to be spoiled for Friday's BIG 2-0-0, AOL has uploaded the next vignette. Go to http://tvshows.aol.com/show/stargate...210000/videos#, it's Vignette 6)

But consider yourselves warned! There are some scenes in there you haven't seen before, not even in the previews for Episode 200, because
      Spoiler:
      you will get to see a shot of the puppets ala Team America and the Furlings.
      Bugger. Cant see it. Is there anywhere else I can see it?

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435

Good news on the doctor front! My scans were great-the doctors were very pleased. They say with my type of cancer they can't really say cured, but I'm as close as I can get, and not to worry about the terminology because everything is going very well.

And, I get to go back to work! Yay.

Also:

Babaloo. Hee.

Comment

Good news on the doctor front! My scans were great-the doctors were very pleased. They say with my type of cancer they can't really say cured, but I'm as close as I can get, and not to worry about the terminology because everything is going very well.

Congrats Deejay!!

Happy Birthday Carterslave!!

Thanks a bunch for the link, Dani!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
            PDL is too inconsistent. He directed both Nightwalkers and Endgame?! Unbelievable.
            Yeah, but this was during PDL's "Affinity phase", wherein Mr. DeLuise had vivid flashbacks to his 21 Jump Street roots. "Take out the coffee cup"--Brilliant!! And how about that soundtrack? Who is the man, T? Who, indeed.

I'm having an inflated self-esteem day today, so please ignore bear with me.
            Really? How can you tell?

Comment

Reading Coop's remarks about 200:
              Spoiler:
              Q: Was it fun to do that Jack-Sam wedding scene - but do you think fans will freak out that Martin Lloyd calls that scene a way to "torture the audience on purpose"? Was that scene a way of tweaking the Jack-Sam shippers? And was that kind of fun?

RCC: “As with many of the scenes, it’s something we’d never do in a normal episode. I think fans are already going to be `freaked out’ by that point. Hopefully, everyone has a good sense of humor and knows it’s all meant in good fun.”
              I hope they don't use this as yet another opportunity to
              Spoiler:
              make Sam look uncomfortable for a laugh or to make fun of shippers.
              I'm sorry...I don't think either is funny.
              Spoiler:
              I think shippers have been "tweaked" enough, thank you very much.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
                Really? How can you tell?
                My mouth is open, but no words flow forth.

On the bright side, I got an emoticon out of golfbooy! Tis a banner day indeed!

Comment

Wow Deejay, I had no idea that you were battling with cancer. So, absolutely great news to hear that all is looking well. I'm glad you're getting so enthused about going back to work and getting on with life .

I haven't been on much this week, mainly because I had rather a scare with the doctor myself. After a bad flu I was plagued by tonsilitis and swollen lymph glands on my neck for weeks, so had to have bloodtests done incase it was Glandular fever, and was on antibiotics for ages. What the doctor didn't expect to find in my bloodtest was signs of Neutropenia, low white blood cell count. As you all probably know, low white blood cell count can be a very serious sign. She did say it could just be a transient thing so I managed to not worry too much, but nevertheless I was relieved when the results of my second set of bloodtests came back yesterday morning showing my white blood cell levels almost back to normal. I guess I just feel like I can breathe now and spend some time in Samanda without anything weighing on my mind. Frankly I've had so many serious health scares during my younger childhood, I'm getting a little tired of them now.

I've just been reading through the last few pages of Umlauty hilarity . Ahh, so much fun.

Last night I watched an old episode, Forever in a Day, namely a Daniel ep, but I found some of the interaction between Daniel and Sam very well done. I think this may be one of the only episodes where I can actually see the brother/sister style relationship that a lot of people see. Sam really was like a big sister, and was genuinely concerned and wanted to help Daniel through the loss of Sha're. I know it was all set in a kind of dream state in the hand device, but I still think it was done quite well.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

RE: episode "200"
                    Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                    I'm sorry...I don't think either is funny.
                    Spoiler:
                    I think shippers have been "tweaked" enough, thank you very much.
                    Even as an anti-shipper I have to agree. In a way I don't mind them forgetting the whole S/J vibe in S9 &10, but in doing that they've forgotten about Jack completely. Just like at the beginning of S9
                    Spoiler:
                    you'd never guess Sam, Teal'c and Daniel had been through hell together for 8 years and were like a family. In my experience, family members do talk about the absent members when they're together.

If only we could count on TPTB to deal with the issue tastefully once and for all. (Well I can dream, can't I?)

In RDA's clip on Scifi.com
                    Spoiler:
                    he indicated he missed "the family." It sounded like it wasn't too hard to talk him into doing a few episodes. maybe they're worried that if RDA comes back more regularly we're back to the fraternization issue again.

And speaking of family--Enemy within was on today--I love the beginnings of friendship we see w/ Sam and Daniel.

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
                      My mouth is open, but no words flow forth.
                      *Hangs head in shame*
                      *Checks DEM off of online friend list*
                      On the bright side, I got an emoticon out of golfbooy! Tis a banner day indeed!
                      Yes, I'm afraid golfbooy was taught that if you can't say it in words, don't say it at all. I'm also not very bright, and find those posts with six or seven emoticons far beyond my ken. I think they're trying to communicate, but all I pick up on are blinking colors. And those damn Internet abbreviations like "YMMV" or "pwned" bother me, too. What can I say? I'm a cranky *******.

emoticons

"I see you are one who speaks your mind, O'neill."
                      "Yes, which is why I don't say much."

Comment

*Hangs head in shame*

Yes, I'm afraid golfbooy was taught that if you can't say it in words, don't say it at all. I'm also not very bright, and find those posts with six or seven emoticons far beyond my ken. I think they're trying to communicate, but all I pick up on are blinking colors. And those damn Internet abbreviations like "YMMV" or "pwned" bother me, too. What can I say? I'm a cranky *******.

emoticons

lol, sif not use teh l33t smileys They pwn teh noobs

Comment

*Hangs head in shame*

emoticons

I still don't get what YMMV means. Pwned I know because of Agent Dark though.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                            lol, sif not use teh l33t smileys They pwn teh noobs
                            Yeah, exactly. Keep proving my point. What in tarnation does that say? Daniel speaks 23 different languages, but that stuff you "wrote" doesn't mean squat to him. It's not like I'm archaic or some completely wizend figure sitting in front of a keyboard experiencing the "wonders" of the Internet. I'm only 25--still young and vibrant. "My vitality is just fine."

Comment

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...tsvenom050.jpg
                              Found this picture on the RDA thunk thread. (needed a little RDA therapy today ) --didn't know if I could copy it to this thread

Comment

*Hangs head in shame*
                                Please do not.

Originally posted by Agent Dark
                                *gobbledy gook*
                                I got to the 2nd sentence of golfbooy's post and the first thing that came to mind was, "Uh oh, here comes Agent Dark."

Güber: YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary = It May be Different For You.

Comment

Working...
                                X