Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JessM

i'm having a d'uh moment. what episode is this from? (and no this isn't my caption)

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
      we discussed this type of thing a while ago regarding reccing fics with a particular area of focus to them. we were talking about reccing ship fics.

generally speaking i don't think you need to give a warning about friendship fics. we do like to know what we're getting into though, so if its ship i think we like to be warned, or if its a team fic or a whumping fic or whatever.

personally i like to know who's in it, if its shippy, non shippy, gen, and i need to know if its happy or angsty ending etc because i can't read sad fics if they don't have a happy ending and i can't read main-character death unless its not permanent, because i'm a gigantic wuss.

general rule of thumb is, if its got good sam in it, we want to read it, if its got any, um, extras in it, we wanna know so that the people who don't read everything can know if they want to read it or not.

(and related to another post, "samanda" is what we call this thread, hence we who participate in it are called "samandans".

oh, and if you feel like smacking minigeek upside the face right about now, feel free. personally i'm off to rep her for the simpsons pic and the grace kiss. )
      Ah okay, makes sense...thanks. I'll remember that for the future. I posted the link to it a few posts up. It's got a happy ending. Most of my fics have a lot of fluff in them. I do get into the angsty stuff sometimes, but I have to have happy endings.

And thanks for the explanation about "samandans"... can't believe I was that clueless about it... lol

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
        Yeah, I love that photo (above), too. How awesome is it? It's one of my favorite Sam scenes of all time. Not only for Sam, but for all of them, together like that. *sigh*

Plus, Teal'c is SMOKIN' in that hot ensemble, baby!

mg
        *sigh* Ah yes, good old team dynamic there! How I miss it...

Teal'c is very...chic there... okay, maybe 'chic' is the wrong word... I think I'll agree with you... smokin' hot.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
          Thank you.
          You're welcome. I have a few other friendship fics on my site too, including one that takes place in the Geek!verse of Moebius Part 1.

Comment

daniel: sam, if you ever touch my sandwich again, you'll be sorry. do you understand?
            sam: yes daniel, i'm sorry.

Daniel: Sam! what did i tell you about my sandwich!
            sam: i'm sorry, i tried, but i just had to take it! it looked so good!
            Daniel: thats it. i'm telling teal'c that you hate star wars!

cool smilie. (except for who's in it! )
            LOL! Great captions, especially the second one!

Comment

i'm having a d'uh moment. what episode is this from? (and no this isn't my caption)
              It's from Endgame.

Comment

Originally posted by JessM
                It's from Endgame.
                THANK YOU!!!
                (seriously, thats been driving me nuts for the last few minutes)

now as punishment for my ignorance i suppose i'll have to watch that ep again. *fake grumble*

Comment

Hey mini I'm in search of a plot bunny. Have you seen him? I'm sure he's been hoppin around here somewhere.
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                    Psst, the answer came at the bottom of pg 1982 from Tracy Jane
                    aawww. i was born in page, i mean year, 1982... where's sally when ya need someone to sing "memories" dag nabbit!

Comment

Hey mini I'm in search of a plot bunny. Have you seen him? I'm sure he's been hoppin around here somewhere.
                      maybe he fell into a plot hole? ok, that was lame, even for me.

Comment

maybe he fell into a plot hole? ok, that was lame, even for me.
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

don't judge me!

Comment

new fic

http://www.jackfic.com/emeraldcity/m...allwedance.htm

and it's a missing scene for threads, and we all know what happens in that one don't we?????

consider yourselves warned
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                              new fic

http://www.jackfic.com/emeraldcity/m...allwedance.htm

and it's a missing scene for threads, and we all know what happens in that one don't we?????

consider yourselves warned
                              Oh, Sky, that was so moving. I didn't expect the POV. What a brill idea and as always, so amazingly written! Thanks for sharing.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

thanks MG

i actually started it out differently, then scrapped that and just went with the first person. it's not normally how i write,b ut it just seemed to work
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X