Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jckfan55
    I suppose now instead of having her sleeve ripped, her shirt would be half off...
    ooooh! : raises hand :

and she'd be rescued by "heroic" Cam.
    oh. : pout :
    scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
      Great to know. I figured you'd know how well she did. I love that Firefighter Sam was the operational boss. Sure Jack was the chief, but Sam was giving most of the orders. So further reinforcement of Teal'c's confidence in her *leadership* ability, wouldn't you say?
      Heh heh. I loved Firefighter!SG-1 and all that that episode entailed. And the fact that Daniel was in the episode in his own way was great, too.

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
        This one's writing pirate Janet drabbles!
        Hehe. Is that because I slacked off on my Sam/Vala business? You WERE the one who suggested pirates, weren't you?

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
          Hehe. Is that because I slacked off on my Sam/Vala business?

: cracks whip! :

You WERE the one who suggested pirates, weren't you?
          I don't think I was alone in that...
          scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by JessM
            Hello, all.

I am a friend of fishyone and I decided to pop in and voice my support of Sam. On another forum I used to visit, there were a lot of Vala lovers who despise Sam (you should have heard what they were saying when Vala left and Sam returned in Beachhead). I thought it was so ridiculous that I stopped visiting the forum. I'm glad there is a thread here to lend my support for the character.

I'd actually thought about visiting the thread earlier, but after having a quick look and seeing that the majority were S/J shippers, I became too chicken...afraid I'd get flamed or ridiculed for not being S/J (you can tell by my sig that I'm S/D... and yeah, like fishyone I don't like to call it "Sam and Dan"... it's always been "S/D" or "The Science Twins" to me).

Going back through some of the posts, someone mentioned there was a group called AT's Angels? Do these people (who are supposed to be S/D) have their own thread or a yahoo group, or any other site? I was just curious.
            'allo!

first of all, welcome to the thread, and second;

i hope that ship isn't a reason for people not joining up here. yes, there are some s/j shippers here, and there are some s/t shippers and i'm sure there are some sam/cam shippers here, and some s/janet and so on. but there are also people who don't like to ship sam with anyone at all, and some people who like to ship sam with themselves (you know who you are! )

i'd just like to say that although a lot of us do ship sam with people, thats not why were here. we go to our respective ship threads for that. (mmm, sam/thor...) and while we will throw in mentions of our prefered ship in here, thats just a part of why we love sam carter. it is a part of the character to us, so its inevitable that we will discuss or mention it sometimes, but this thread is devoted to everything about the character, and about the actress who plays her.

i hope that we aren't too intimidating, and i hope that you enjoy the discussions here. and hey, if you don't like or want to discuss the current topic, whatever it may be, you can always start to talk about something about the character that you care about.

the only thing we care about here is that you're a sam fan.
            Spoiler:
            and that you occasionally bring a lamb to the thread for the bi-annual sacrifice, but don't tell the non sam fans about that!

also, i saw some of those comments that you were talking about, and i quickly left and never looked back on account of my blood pressure! (and on account of my rage ) i'm happy in my gateworldy cocoon.

i'll shut up now.

Comment

Originally posted by JessM
              Hello, all.

I am a friend of fishyone and I decided to pop in and voice my support of Sam. On another forum I used to visit, there were a lot of Vala lovers who despise Sam (you should have heard what they were saying when Vala left and Sam returned in Beachhead). I thought it was so ridiculous that I stopped visiting the forum. I'm glad there is a thread here to lend my support for the character.

I'd actually thought about visiting the thread earlier, but after having a quick look and seeing that the majority were S/J shippers, I became too chicken...afraid I'd get flamed or ridiculed for not being S/J (you can tell by my sig that I'm S/D... and yeah, like fishyone I don't like to call it "Sam and Dan"... it's always been "S/D" or "The Science Twins" to me).

Going back through some of the posts, someone mentioned there was a group called AT's Angels? Do these people (who are supposed to be S/D) have their own thread or a yahoo group, or any other site? I was just curious.
              Welcome, I'm new to the site and the thread. Didn't thos other people realize that Sam is the brains of the SGC? Without her, they'd all be dead or worse, and earth would be enslaved to some Goa'uld.
              Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                the only thing we care about here is that you're a sam fan.
                Spoiler:
                and that you occasionally bring a lamb to the thread for the bi-annual sacrifice, but don't tell the non sam fans about that!
                Ooh, the dues! Don't forget the bi-monthly dues! They're really what keeps it all going, ya know. Food, drinks (lots of 'em for many), etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Padme18
                  Welcome, I'm new to the site and the thread. Didn't thos other people realize that Sam is the brains of the SGC? Without her, they'd all be dead or worse, and earth would be enslaved to some Goa'uld.
                  that's my main (ok, not main, per say) problem with the "sam should leave/be written off/killed()" mentality. ok, you don't like her, fine. (may need to get your head checked, but ok.) but who's going to do her JOB if she leaves? she does have a JOB, ya know (several), which no one else can do. heck, she even serves a purpose on the team, even if she doesn't lead it. who's going to take her place?

and welcome all newbies!!! fresh blood. and don't let all these guys confuse you, you MUST be an SJ shipper to enter this thread. joke, honest. no, you can talk about any ship you want (as long as its on topic and not for to long or against forum rules or <insert blah>), just as scari and sky and the rest of the heathens converters posters that pop up to tease me about this post.

places newbies probably don't want to know about but should anyway:
                  The Blue Jello Corner for OT Chatter Do no enter without medical insurance
                  Samanda "Whinge" Nuts Do not enter if sane.
                  MG's RAGE threaddo not enter if s9 fan
                  Shadow's Sulky Thread just don't enter.
                  ETA: Who Should Lead SG-1?its back!! (((mods))) avoid at all costs...except for the poll, for which i recommend you vote for sam. just a recommendation though.
                  Last edited by ParadoxRealities; 22 May 2006, 12:56 PM.
                  sigpic
                  "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                  Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Heh heh heh. Fresh blood.

Welcome new posters! Hope you find a nice little niche in Samanda amongst the rest of us crazies!

Comment

Welcome new posters! Hope you find a nice little niche in Samanda amongst the rest of us crazies!
                      Speak for yourself, Spazzy, my girl. I'm completely sane.
                      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

I'm not gonig to tease you ParadoxRealities. BTW, love your info for newbies.

Sorry I've been away for a while. My system went south for a few weeks and had to get a new tower. So I'm back.

I'm also trying to catch up on the posts and read something about
                        Spoiler:
                        dragons?
                        Is that true?

Comment

LOL, TJ. Yeahsureyoubetcha, you're the nuttiest most sane of us all.

Originally posted by LaCroix
                          I'm also trying to catch up on the posts and read something about
                          Spoiler:
                          dragons?
                          Is that true?
                          Unfortunately, I believe it is. Fun, eh?

Comment

LOL, TJ. Yeahsureyoubetcha, you're the nuttiest most sane of us all.

Unfortunately, I believe it is. Fun, eh?

WTH, why not with the whole theme of S9. Maybe Sam may find a way to fight it and destroy it. one could hope

And my Mom always told us you have to be a little insane to be sane. I know I'm loaded with it.

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
                              WTH, why not with the whole theme of S9. Maybe Sam may find a way to fight it and destroy it. one could hope

And my Mom always told us you have to be a little insane to be sane. I know I'm loaded with it.
                              sam preforming a non-being verb next season. <does happy dance!!!>

oh come on guys, who needs sanity anyway?!
                              sigpic
                              "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                              Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
                                fresh blood.
                                What is this? Feeding time!?!
                                scarimor

Comment

Working...
                                X