Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fly-by post!

I had just checked in to read a PM, and noticed we were almost on page 2.

So, I borrowed some of Über's work for an inspirational, general principles

BUMP!!!!!

Comment

David Hewlett is a self confessed sci-fi geek (the man has an replica Dalek ), so it's no surprise that he can he talk the technobabble as good as Amanda

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
        Tell me she didn't carry on and drink anyway! That's horrible.
        sam never got a drink i dont think. or she just faked it. it's usually not safe to drink untreated ground water anymore
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
          David Hewlett is a self confessed sci-fi geek (the man has an replica Dalek ), so it's no surprise that he can he talk the technobabble as good as Amanda
          is it sad that the first thing i thought when i read this was 'COOL!'?

i don't even watch dr. who, but that is still cool to me.

wasn't hewlitt in a sci fi film called cube before sga?

anyway, if he can tech-talk as well as amanda, and speak as quickly if not quicker than micheal shanks, then the days on sga must be very short indeed.

Comment

OOh I just love that picture
            COME FLY WITH ME
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
              sam never got a drink i dont think. or she just faked it. it's usually not safe to drink untreated ground water anymore
              Phew, that's a relief!

As for DH, I wouldn't count on it, he loves to goof around... him and Torri are a right pair!
              Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                OOh I just love that picture
                COME FLY WITH ME
                Looks like Sam chose to fly easyjet again.

Comment

There were Audio Commentaries for new order, and covenant? damn that wasn't on my box set (Australian) - the Episodes that had commentaries were Sacrifices, Endgame, Prometheus unbound and a few others but none of the episodes before these, no Reckoning, Threads, Mobius.

Were any of the Episodes of the first half of season 8 with Amanda (or other episodes that i apparently wont see)

Comment

Originally posted by THE BIG UNIT
                    There were Audio Commentaries for new order, and covenant? damn that wasn't on my box set (Australian) - the Episodes that had commentaries were Sacrifices, Endgame, Prometheus unbound and a few others but none of the episodes before these, no Reckoning, Threads, Mobius.

Were any of the Episodes of the first half of season 8 with Amanda (or other episodes that i apparently wont see)
                    every episode had a commentary except for its good to be king, citizen joe and threads.

amanda did a commentary with martin wood on covenant (chris judge did one with him for avatar)

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                      every episode had a commentary except for its good to be king, citizen joe and threads.

amanda did a commentary with martin wood on covenant (chris judge did one with him for avatar)
                      Yes, and the annoying thing is that they DID a commentary for every episode, it's just that somewhere, some of TITB* decided to scrap the commentary for the most important episode in Stargate's eight year history /rant

* TITB = The Idiots That Be, also known as TBTB, TWTB and TTTB

Comment

Yes, and the annoying thing is that they DID a commentary for every episode, it's just that somewhere, some of TITB* decided to scrap the commentary for the most important episode in Stargate's eight year history /rant

I Know!!! ggggrrrr. my only guess here is that there was too many things said that they didn't want to put out there or were unacceptable for public hearing.

i did notice that in PDLs commentary for reckoning, there are several long pauses, where the show dialogue is at normal level, and no comments are made. then they fade back in quickly, and deluise is talking about something, but as if there was never a lengthy silence. usually in a shows commentary if they have nothing to say they'll usually make jokes about this being the first time they've seen the show, or about how being so into the show or something. but here, at least a minute goes by with no talking. more than once.

well, how's that for a conspiracy theory?

Comment

You know reading back over the last few pages I can't help but grin. Amanda truly does rock.... seriously. Such intensity of dedication in such a bright and wonderful person... it truly is a pleasure to call myself a fan.

Just felt the need to say that.

sigpic

Comment

I've always been under the impression that there was no commentary for Threads. At least, I've never heard of one being around on any of the different region DVDs. Maybe I'm wrong? Do we know for sure that there's an actual commentary out there somewhere? I'd probably pay quite a bit to hear it.

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
                              I've always been under the impression that there was no commentary for Threads. At least, I've never heard of one being around on any of the different region DVDs. Maybe I'm wrong? Do we know for sure that there's an actual commentary out there somewhere? I'd probably pay quite a bit to hear it.
                              i think either myself or someone else asked joe if a commentary was recorded for the season 8 episodes, and he said as far as he knew they recorded a commentary for every episode of season 8. something like this anyway. but joe doesn't actually do any of the commentaries for season 8.

Comment

...and we can't forget that Amanda had to lay on top of an ant hill during the filming of Death Knell. I seem to recall her saying that she recieved several ant bites in the process and PDL made a comment that she never mentioned that there were ants and she jokingly said that she didn't want to stop production or something like that.

WTG AT! What a trouper. ;D

Hopefully Vancouver ants aren't like the red ants we have here in Texas. The bites from a red ant can be wickedly painful.

Comment

Working...
                                X