Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tsaxlady
    Wow it has been quite here tonight.

I was home sick today so I thought I would work on some Season 2 caps to continue the tread Lys started with her Season 1 in caps.

Well the first big moment of S2 for Sam came early in the season when she was taken over by the Tokra "In The Line Of Duty"

In Prisoners she put up a fighting spirit

Gamekeeper showed her care for her friends

In Thor's Chariot she learned she can use Goa'uld technology

We see her fascination with alien technology before things go bad

In Secrets we meet Dad (Don't they look great together)

The two parter Tokra was big for Sam -

Jolinar

Martouf

Jacob/Selmak the new Tokra
    Great posts, tsaxlady!

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
      Since the last post was getting long I figured I had better start a new one

so S2 Part 2

In Spirits Sam leads for the first time

and talks to a Wolf?!

A Matter of Time well lots of Donuts for that episode

Fifth Race Math

and a burnt Sam with the best Doc SG-1 has had

Some Serpent Song action Sam

Yes sir, she did figure out how to make the switch with the alien technology in Holiday

In One False Step we found out she talks to plants

1969 Flower Power

We end Season 2 with Out Of Mind were Sam stands her ground with Hathor

These are such great fun, tsaxlady! I sure hope that you are keeping a file of the pics (and your caps) somewhere... these would all make a great collection to post somewhere like the AT Fan Club website, or at amandatapping.com or... maybe Uber's website if it's up and going? At any rate, it would be cool to have it posted somewhere so that it doesn't just get lost amongst the thread posts.

Comment

hey look, it's a fic rec

and even rarer, it's a nice sam/teal'c friendship thing

Waltzing's for Dreamers
        by afg
        E-mail: [email protected]

Rating: All Ages
        Season: SG-1 Season Seven
        Related SG-1 Episode(s): 716 Death Knell
        Featured Character(s): Samantha Carter, Tealc
        Summary: A conversation about dancing.

Read this story at GateWorld FanFic:
        http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...tzingsfor.html
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally Posted by ForeverSg1
          Well we have just under four weeks left until the Vancouver Creation Con. I know there are several of us going to the con and so I thought you all might wish to post any questions you may have for Amanda up on here so that we can start a list. Hopefully we'll have a chance to ask at least a few of them during Amanda's Q&A or the Sunday breakfast.

Kat
          i know amanda's not always thrilled about ship questions, but here goes anyways.

question for amanda: "Is there a future (happy) for Sam and Jack?"

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
            Well I think Sam's a fantastic Role Model for young women, inteligent, hardworking, loyal, unnasuming, kind and compassionate - things we should all strive to be. I don't think you can give characters like that enough exposure....
            Five Stars, Coley! And, some Royal Blue Jello from the special stocks
            Originally posted by jafacakes
            I mostly lurk here so probably shouldn't butt in, but I think that self censorship can go so far that there won't be any discussion anymore. This is a Sam thread and anything relating to her should be discussed here, including how she relates with the other characters and they relate to her . There is no reason why inteligent discussions between people from diferent points of view regarding the other characters (as we assume everyone posting here is a fan of Sam so have that in common) should offend anyone.
            Well said, jafacakes!
            Originally posted by majorsal
            while i agree with your reasonings, what happens when these new characters 'effect' sam? are we supposed to just go talk somewhere else because we can't say anything negative about them here?

i find the longer a thread lasts, the more 'demands' start popping up. 'there's too much fluff!', 'there's too much negative talk!', 'there's too much off topic!', 'there's too many pictures and!'... it's the nature of threads i guess.

i think, like with the off topic issue, if we just moderate ourselves, we'll be alright. there's no black and white with this, must grey.

just my opinion of course.

sally
            And I'd like to thank everyone who's been posting here. I don't get much of a chance to drop by much anymore, but every time I have, I've found scores of interesting, intriguing, fun and thought-provoking posts here. Critical posts and evaluations are important, but then, so is the fun and fluff. The pessimists are counterbalanced by the optomists.. sometimes things swing more in one direction than the other... but then the ship rights itself.

The SamCaption This photos are great fun.
            Chopingal's poetry is always exceptional.
            Tsaxlady's Carter photos and captions are wonderful fun.

And all of the dialogue and back-and-forth about the evolution of the character of Sam Carter...? That's an integral part of this thread, and I want to thank everyone who has taken the time to post

The show is changing and TPTB are changing the characters. Folks have every right to voice their opinions of those changes.

My recommendation is... if things get too pessimistic for some folks, then those folks need to post positive comments (and not enter into arguements). If things get too optomistic (or fluffy) for other folks... then those folks need to post some more serious topics for discussion. These topics will intertwine (as topics do on threads) and create the rich diversity that is the SaGC and Samanda.

Erm... at least that's my unasked for two-cents.

Different topic: These new anime-icons are great fun!

LOL

Comment

question for amanda: "Is there a future (happy) for Sam and Jack?"
              Well, I'm not Amanda, but I do have the answer to that one: She doesn't know. But hey, anything's possible.

minigeek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Happy Birthday LadyJeep!

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                  My recommendation is... if things get too pessimistic for some folks, then those folks need to post positive comments (and not enter into arguements). If things get too optomistic (or fluffy) for other folks... then those folks need to post some more serious topics for discussion. These topics will intertwine (as topics do on threads) and create the rich diversity that is the SaGC and Samanda.L
                  Astro, you're awesome. That's really great advice. I swing waaay back and forth in my feelings of optimism and pessimism, depending on the mood and the season, so I'll never be able to be critical of either camp. I'm just glad I have a place to come be a shameless fangurl over Sam Carter.

Hugs,
                  minigeek

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                    Special delivery through the snow and sleet ...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Lady Jeep!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...l/SamStorm.jpg

where's that picture from?

follow this link and see some pics of amanda. a woman named nancy martin won the 'get in the gate' sweepstakes. there are, i think, four pages of pics and amanda's in a few.

link: http://www.martinpics.photosite.com/vancouver/

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

i read it too (almost made me cry, because
                      Spoiler:
                      i don't like sam death, no matter if it's turned around or not!!!
                      . but it was a beautifully written piece.

sally

I'll put a better disclaimer on the fanfic next time.

Comment

Thanks for the link Sally, great pics
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

This is the new official outfit to be worn by those attending Gabit
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Those of us not attending might as well dig in and get some house cleaning done
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                              Well, I'm not Amanda, but I do have the answer to that one: She doesn't know. But hey, anything's possible.

minigeek

okay, are you sure you're NOT amanda? or joe mallozzi?

if you *are* amanda... can you hook me up with rda? PLEASE!!!

if you're joe mallozzi... did you know that when you look up the word ambiguous in the dictionary, your picture is there?

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1

This is the new official outfit to be worn by those attending Gabit
                                Damn. I better start workin' out like a slave ... uh... tomorrow. And maybe drinking my food through a straw.

Comment

Working...
                                X