• Show
Clear All

I made Science!Sams:

and

Free use to all Sam-lovers.
    scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
      Sorry not to reply to you sooner. I've been catching up on posts tonight.

Hic Comitas Regit, loosely translated, is Latin for "Kindness Reigns Here."

It was chosen as Samanda's motto because the discussions here, while diverse, are almost always kind. I'm not sure exactly when it was chosen as our motto, but I believe it was shortly after I joined Gateworld last March. I was immediately drawn to this thread because I think Sam is great, because of the kindness of the other thread members, and because some of the best thought out posts on Gateworld seem to end up here!

Hope that helps!

And by the way:

Happy Birthday, Lady Jeep!
      (Sorry I was out of town all day and was not around to help you celebrate!)
      Thank you for answering my question I thought maybe it was from an ep. I couldn't remember or something. I definitely agree with that motto and the other things you said. I think Samanda fans are so nice partly because Sam and Amanda are so nice

Happy Birthday Lady Jeep! I don't know you, but hopefully I will get to because I am posting on here a lot more than I used to

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
      lol, that was a typo. I meant the P90 is a two handed weapon, not a single handed weapon...
      Ha ha! See I didn't even know that it was a mistake!

Originally posted by scarimor
      I made Science!Sams:

and

edited my post because I didn't see those before. They are so cool, or so nerdy
      Last edited by Forestia; 26 February 2006, 03:33 AM.
      Paul/Carson, Rachel/Teyla, David/Eli Supporter!!
      Proud Samandan. Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

I made Science!Sams:

and
        scarimor, you are my hero!

dammit. i can't green you yet.
        Last edited by DEM; 26 February 2006, 03:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
          Jack: You actually spar with Carter?
          Teal'c: I find Major Carter to be a most formidable opponent.
          Jack: Don't you worry about injuring her?
          Teal'c: No more than I worry about injuring you, O'Neill.[/LEFT]
          [/CENTER]

Hee! That one is great!

Comment

I made Science!Sams:

and

Those are great! How do you use them here? Upload to photobucket and then use the image tags?

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
              scarimor, you are my hero!
              "I am thine Ashrak"

(they were DEM's idea!)
              Last edited by scarimor; 26 February 2006, 05:53 AM.
              scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
                Those are great! How do you use them here? Upload to photobucket and then use the image tags?
                Thank you Yes you use the IMG tags. You can upload them to your photobucket if you like, or simply use the locations from my photobucket inside the tags. (right-click on the smilie and select "copy image location" to get the addy).

I did a Jolinar too:
                scarimor

Comment

Well we have just under four weeks left until the Vancouver Creation Con. I know there are several of us going to the con and so I thought you all might wish to post any questions you may have for Amanda up on here so that we can start a list. Hopefully we'll have a chance to ask at least a few of them during Amanda's Q&A or the Sunday breakfast.

Kat
                  Thanks for asking for questions, Kat. I just have some obvious ones.

What is AT's perspective on the co-leadership issue at this point?

How does Sam get along/view Vala so far, and how does Vala get along/view Sam so far? Or how would she describe Sam and Vala's interactions/relationship so far? (I figure AT might have an opinion on this because it will be a month into production).

I know you might not be able to ask these questions because of time and making sure you all ask your own questions! --- but I'm glad some of you are going to this con---sounds like you are going to have a wonderful time!!!

Comment

if there's a nice way to phrase it, how is vala fitting in? has she and sam gotten to work together?

are there any sam stoires yet that we can look forward to?
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Will we see any good Sam/Cassie interaction?(i.e. is Cassie coming back?)
                      sigpic
                      "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                      Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                        I don't think anyone who frequents this thread is mean-spirited or rude enough to want to offend any other person who posts on this thread. After a year of hanging out here, I feel pretty confident in saying that. But as majorsal pointed out, the unrest stems from the disrespect many of us feel the character of Sam has been shown this year, and our fear that she will be written into a corner because of TPTB's new shiny toys, BB and CB. How the character of Sam is affected by changes in the show is about as on-topic as discussion can get.

I, for one, hope those fears (which I share) are unfounded. But except for EDM, Ethon and Scourge, S9 hasn't felt like Stargate to me. If I weren't still hopeful, I would have bailed on the show by now, and I wouldn't still be coming here. But my fears and my hopes are in conflict with each other, based on the spoilers, news, etc. of the day. I'm not so much hoping that Mitchell and Vala fail as I'm hoping that TPTB fail with what seems to me to be a plan that threatens to reduce the show to just another T & A, sophomoric piece of fluff.

Sam Carter is a very unique character in science fiction: a strong, intelligent woman who is respected by her peers and can hold her own. She is a role model. Aeryn Sonn was also somewhat like that, only with a harder, sadder edge. But as far as the writers have shown me so far, Vala Mal Doran has had only one unselfish moment.....and that's why I continue to worry about the direction the show is taking. TV has too few female characters who don't have to be saved by a man, who conduct themselves with honor and don't try to use feminine wiles to manipulate men--women who are valued as much for their contributions to the show's situation as they are for their looks.

No one denies that both actresses are incredibly talented. One character just leaves a lot to be desired in the integrity department. So the part of me (and others) that is strongly Pro-Sam just can't help but be skeptical at best about Vala. Her character, as it has been presented to us to date, simply lacks the moral fiber that we admire. No malice. No sniping. Nothing petty. We just can't admire that which we find to be so strongly in contrast to that which we do admire.

I don't want the thread to be an argument over the merits of Sam vs. Vala either. I've just found very little to admire in the character of Vala so far. And since TPTB are choosing to put Vala center stage, my admiration for and support of Sam can't help but encounter some disbelief and righteous indignation. It's as simple as that, and I think that going forward, we're just going to have to agree to disagree from time to time.
                        Excellent post sg-1fanintn.

Comment

Well we have just under four weeks left until the Vancouver Creation Con. I know there are several of us going to the con and so I thought you all might wish to post any questions you may have for Amanda up on here so that we can start a list. Hopefully we'll have a chance to ask at least a few of them during Amanda's Q&A or the Sunday breakfast.

Kat
                          Thanks for doing this, Kat.

Is the Jolinar story revisited in S10?

Is Carter still a core integral charcater in the SG1 universe and how will that play out in S10 - that you know of so far?

Are Carter, Daniel and Teal'c as annoyed with mitchell's antics as their facial and verbal reactions in S9 indicate?

Why is mitchell co-leader, his skills seem to be lacking in S9?

Is the plan to still have Carter cross to Atlantis in the back half of S10 and if so for how many episodes (or have they realized Carter is much more important to the SG1 dynamic and the character will stay put on SG1, preferably as leader)?

What strong, leadership episodes for Carter should the fans watch out for?

How has the absence of MS in 2 early episodes been dealt with - does Carter step to the forefront?

I know this is a lot, and some will be repetitive of others but any you can get in would be great. They are in order from what I would like to know most to least. Thanks very much for doing this.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                            great scenario, mandy!

i was going to let others contribute before giving mine, but i'm too antsy.

sg1, landry, and vala are in the briefingroom. everyone leaves, leaving sam and vala alone. sam starts to get up from the table when vala starts a conversation.

vala: so, colonel carter... can i call you sam?

*sam glances up and nods*

vala: so, do you find daniel attractive?

*cocks a brow* sam: attractive, as in sexually attractive?

*vala nods*

sam: no. i know he's an attractive man, but daniel and i aren't like that together.

vala: okay. then do you find teal'c attractive?

sam: why are you asking me these questions?

vala: how about mitchell? he's very interesting...

sam: vala, i'm not sexually attracted to any of these men. they're my *friends*. *pauses* okay?

*sam finishes gathering her notes and begins to leave the table.*

vala: do you find *me* sexually attractive?

*sam stops in her tracks. she glances to vala*

sam: no, vala, i don't.

*vala grins*

sam: and i don't think you're attacted to me either.

*vala raises a questioning brow*

*sam walks toward the door but suddenly stops and looks back at vala*

sam: was your symbiote male or female?

vala: what difference does that make? and besides, symbiotes are non-gendered.

sam: well, if you were used to the influence of a male perspective, like your symbiote had been in a male body before taking over--

vala: what bloody difference does that make!?

sam: and i think you just like using sex to control and dominate the men around you. must be hard to deal with me then, vala, seeing as i'm not vulnerable to your machinations.

*vala rolls her eyes*

*sam opens the door*

sam: you know, vala, you and i have a lot more in common than you realize.

vala: and how's that? we're both forced to wear boring outfits?

sam: that we've both been taken over by goaulds, and that we've both survived our encounters and have left-over memories and abilities.

*vala stares boringly at sam*

*sam shrugs*

sam: hey, no problem, vala. *starts to walk out door* too bad, though, because i wouldn't have minded having someone to talk to about jolinar, and her--

vala: what did you say?

sam: what?

vala: did you say jolinar?

sam: yes.

vala: how the hell do you know that name?

sam:... because that's the symbiote i had.

*vala blanches*

sam: vala?

vala: jolinar saved my life...

to be continued

sally
                            I like it. I think Sam would see through Vala's "moves"--women tend to be smarter that way than men.

Comment

I made Science!Sams:

and

Cool! Can't green you again, but I salute you. .

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                                Thanks for asking for questions, Kat. I just have some obvious ones.

What is AT's perspective on the co-leadership issue at this point?

How does Sam get along/view Vala so far, and how does Vala get along/view Sam so far? Or how would she describe Sam and Vala's interactions/relationship so far? (I figure AT might have an opinion on this because it will be a month into production).

I know you might not be able to ask these questions because of time and making sure you all ask your own questions! --- but I'm glad some of you are going to this con---sounds like you are going to have a wonderful time!!!
                                Good questions. I'd add: Will we get to see ActionSam--particularly hand to hand stuff? (I miss that.)
                                Why does AT think Sam agreed to come back to SG1?

Comment

Working...
                                X