Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    Good thing I'm not in security then...just the flakey artistic type/pain in the butt....

I can get away with lots that way...
    Fine be that way!

So, whatcha doing? I'm watching O'Neill turn baddie and then he'll bust Mayborne. Oh Yeah!
    sigpic
    I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
      Fine be that way!

So, whatcha doing? I'm watching O'Neill turn baddie and then he'll bust Mayborne. Oh Yeah!

Shades of Grey...that was on earlier tonight!

I'm now listening to SGA Duet.

Poor Rodney.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Shades of Grey...that was on earlier tonight!

I'm now listening to SGA Duet.

Poor Rodney.

Well here in about 15 minutes I'll be listening/watching "Firefly". Then SG1 Origin.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
          Well here in about 15 minutes I'll be listening/watching "Firefly". Then SG1 Origin.
          Ok so you have to be in the PST right?

You're 3 hours behind me it seems. So I guess that means I'm in the future posting to you in the past!!!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Ok so you have to be in the PST right?

You're 3 hours behind me it seems. So I guess that means I'm in the future posting to you in the past!!!
            LOL Something like that. But now I'm going to leave you and give my eyes a rest. I'm on the computer all day at work and can't spend much time online afterwards. Laters! Take care! Don't drool on that blankie of yours.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
              I remember her saying that she loves to do her own stunts, but since she's such a klutz she always ends up hurting herself
              yeah, she talks about how she can trip over thin air
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coley

Change can be good. When all this settles we may have our great team show back again!!
                *a* great team... if it doesn't consist of the four original team members, it's not the same team. and what a great team they were...

but this new team can be great too, if they actually work together. but, for *me*, i'm going to have this knee-jerk reaction to mitchell leading if the writers don't sort this out.

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                  It is actually amazing to watch in action... Just. How. Far. They. Will. Go.
                  Stunning is a word that comes to mind. Lurking on some of the threads at The Dark Place of Negativity, I am left flabbergasted. For a while I was worried about it, but it's hard to believe that anyone involved in the show could take them seriously.
                  Exactly - I think the only ones that take them seriously are themselves they are so busy slapping each other on the back about how "right" they are they sound like a ship of fools. There was one poster there last night that actually went off on a tangent about Amanda Tapping's name being BEFORE Michael Shanks' name in the press release about the action figures that she threatened to write to the studio making the figures complaining about it and telling them she won't buy their stuff because of it (I actually think she did too because someone gave her the e-mail address). I was glad she actually wrote because in way they are sinking their own ship because they look silly and OTT. I am pretty sure the only thing the people at the studio that makes the figures will get out of a note like that is a good belly laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by jerin
                    [COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana] snip, snip I like PDL, but I wish, he, along w/ other male PTB, would take more responsibility with their own hormones & fantasies & not use Stargate as wish fullfillment. snip snip
                    This is a great point and one I agree with 100% (well I do not particularly care for PDL for many reasons and way before he made his ludicrous comments in his most recent interview re: vala and re: the "supporting cast", please - where has he been the last 8 years!!!).

Comment

Wow...we've had a lot of ducking lately...

Dancer of Spaz yesterday, jckfan55 and Skydiver today...

Perhaps we should make the DUCK the Royal Bird of Samanda.

NOOOO!

*takes deep breaths*

a shipper once called pete a duck (in reference that if it quacked like a duck, waddled like a duck, etc, it was a duck *meaning stalker*), so i'll ALWAYS think of pete when i think of a duck. so no... pick another bird or something.

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                        Über, have you considered writing the ptb and telling them this? use your first post and then this one.

sally
                        Über, Sally is right! You should send that to them! It explains the concerns of a lot of Sam fans and shippers so well! In fact, why don't you send a separate, personal copy to each TPTB.....and tell them we all support your opinions? It's just so well-said.

I've thought about it...but how do I communicate this to them without being perceived as a nutcase Sam junkie desperate for ship? (which okay, I guess I am...but that's beside the point )

I mean I believe it's a reasonable point of view that could help them clear this perceived hurdle from last season and make everyone look good...especially Sam and TPTB...and it would make the fans not feel deceived by how last season ended.
                        Uh.....because it's too well-written to have come from a nut case--that's why!

Ok, I have a confession:

Hi, my name is sg-1fanintn. As I mark 1,400 posts on Gateworld, I have to tell you my deep, dark secret. It's (*coughs, glances around nervously*) that I find the conversations here so well put that I often pull posts and put them into a word doc.....so I can go back and read them later.

Ok.....my secret is out! Is there anyone else?

Eek! (*runs off to hide behind Jack*)

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
                          This is well said. I don't consider myself a virulent shipper, but if the producers just drop this longtime storyline I'll be sorely disappointed. And, for the record, I always hated the fact that the Sam/Jack storyline was ever influenced by online fandom at all. In my book, it started being about doing right by the characters around season seven. Both the Sam and Jack characters have too much invested in that storyline to act as if it never existed.
                          Always a pleasure to read your posts, golfbooy!
                          Originally posted by golfbooy
                          And just to throw my two cents in, I wouldn't put too much stock into any interviews that have come out lately. Every single bit of info let out for the past few months has been remarkably "on message". The PR department is certainly controlling most of what gets asked and how it is answered, though the message they're sending is definitely questionable.
                          Thank you! Just what I have expressed on several occasions!

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia

And while I'm on that subject, Sal and Jerin, there's already a Xena movie script written and approved. There's just a legal battle going on that is holding everything up (over who owns the rights to Xena).
                            YES!

where'd you hear this?

And I'm wracking my brain to figure out how to bring this on-topic... so....

Wouldn't AT make a great amazon if they ever made a Xena movie? (Lame, lame, I know...)
                            i can't remember the actress' name that playes in Cold Case, but she was in a xena ep where her and xena were beating the crap out of each other. i remember that character and Xena swinging through the trees while fighting. (oh, claudia black was in a xena ep, but i can't remember her).

but to bring this out of ot-land... i think amanda would have played a good (can't remember character name of the actress i can't remember either ) baddie opposite xena. of course, though, in this instance, i'd want amanda to win!

i also think amanda would have been GREAT in Cold Case!

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Argh.

Origin is on in all its Sam-less-ness.

*bitter, tragic SIGH*
                              ... i'm just waiting for those first five sam-less eps (not counting the tiny cameos in avalon 1) to finish, so i can go back to watching stargate. i miss loving fridays...

three more weeks to go until beach head! (aw, i remember enjoying my count downs )

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                                Über, Sally is right! You should send that to them! It explains the concerns of a lot of Sam fans and shippers so well! In fact, why don't you send a separate, personal copy to each TPTB.....and tell them we all support your opinions? It's just so well-said.

Uh.....because it's too well-written to have come from a nut case--that's why!

Ok, I have a confession:

Hi, my name is sg-1fanintn. As I mark 1,400 posts on Gateworld, I have to tell you my deep, dark secret. It's (*coughs, glances around nervously*) that I find the conversations here so well put that I often pull posts and put them into a word doc.....so I can go back and read them later.

Ok.....my secret is out! Is there anyone else?

Eek! (*runs off to hide behind Jack*)
                                Hiding??? Don't you mean DUCKING???

Comment

Working...
                                X