X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by carter_oneill
    breathe breathe....

I just found a interview from amanda tapping you guys have to read this.

http://stargate-sg1.hu/photos/interv...g1article2.jpg

Carter_oneill who is searching for further information

^^ interesting read... funny how she flipped herself into reverse when she knew she said something that would be taken the wrong way

Back peddle! BACK PEDDLE!!

Comment

breathe breathe....

I can't get this to open properly. I can see it but not well enough to read. Can you just tell me what the high points are?

Thanks!

Happy
      Happy

Sig pic by Mala the Magnificent

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
        OH TAME ..I was only talking in general ...that it's better to download ...from a site ..any site or save target as .. I was not referring to your site ...may be I wrote it all wrong

And sorry if it sounded wrong but I was told off for advertising the petition on Sam and Jack yahoo site ...because they thought I spammed them or something like that ..... I posted a lot of the post because I know that in that site ...if you put only one post...it disappears ..in page 2 in 2 seconds ..therefore I tried to fill the first page to make sure everybody saw it ...and now I get my name tarnished .....just for trying to help ..

So ...I'm rather upset right now ...but it had nothing to do with you tame ..i was talking in general ..

One thing I know ...I won't try to help anymore and stay in my little corner.

Caty

Caty

People at the samandjack list were upset precisely because you filled up a page with the same post. Given your goal, it would have made more sense to put an announcement in the top explaining that you were going to keep reposting it so everyone got a chance to see it and sign if they wanted. THEN posting once a day--or twice, morning and afternoon)--would have been more than sufficient to catch everyone.

The other thing you did was publish the names of the posters in the post. Some people are willing to use their full real names on line, but most are not. The best you can do is apologize for upsetting people and wait.

Right now emotions are high because shippers don't know what to think or expect and you fell into the middle of those emotions. Don't worry. It will blow over. We all know who the true S/J fans are.

Bucky

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky
          Caty

People at the samandjack list were upset precisely because you filled up a page with the same post. Given your goal, it would have made more sense to put an announcement in the top explaining that you were going to keep reposting it so everyone got a chance to see it and sign if they wanted. THEN posting once a day--or twice, morning and afternoon)--would have been more than sufficient to catch everyone.

The other thing you did was publish the names of the posters in the post. Some people are willing to use their full real names on line, but most are not. The best you can do is apologize for upsetting people and wait.

Right now emotions are high because shippers don't know what to think or expect and you fell into the middle of those emotions. Don't worry. It will blow over. We all know who the true S/J fans are.

Bucky

I didn't mean to upset anybody ..just wanted to help ..and I never understood the principle of posting in that forum .......Sometimes You seem not to find anything ....that's why I never really post there ..because i don't really understand how it works

..but I still won't help anymore .

caty

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Happy
            I can't get this to open properly. I can see it but not well enough to read. Can you just tell me what the high points are?

Thanks!

Happy
            Damn I just tried to OCR the image but it came out pretty bad lol.

The big pullquote from the article is this:
            ... I've betrayed my one true love, and lost complete integrity of the character as a human being. At least according to the letters I've been getting." -- Amanda Tapping

Here's a highpoint:
            "There's a very interesting, very big section or fandom called the 'Shippers, and they find the whole relationship with Pete quite distasteful. And yet I say to the 'Shippers, Carter has had no relationship experience in the truest sense for over seven years. I mean, the last relationship she really had was with her ex-fiance, who turned out to be a megalomaniacal freak."

Raising a finger and her voice, she says, "you might recall the episode in season one when she went back and he had taken over a planet, as one's ex-boyfriend does. I don't think that outcome did much for her confidence, and I think the relationship with Pete does." Speeding up her speech and saying the whole sentence in one very quick breath, she shouts, "I think it's rounding her out as a person. and I think that any experience she gets in the love department, in terms of how to foster and keep a relationship, and how to open herself up and open her heart up, will only serve her for the future when she does eventually get together with O'Neill."

Noting the shocked silence fiom her interviewer, who fears that Tapping has just let loose with a spoiler, she quickly adds. "No, I don't really rnean that. I mean, for sure, Carter loves O'Neill. She adores him, and she's allowed herself the knowledge that she cannot keep pining for this man that she can never have. Plus, as a professional and as a woman, it's bordering pathetic if she hangs on. It doesn't mean that she has any less feelings for O'Neill or that she's not attracted to him. She still has deep feelings of love for him, as is evidenced even after she meets Pete. She still shows it to O'Neill, and that's never going to go away, but I think what she's learned to do is to be a pragmatist about it and say, "OK! I can't have this guy, and he is pretty fantastic, but this guy over here is not so bad either."
            Please forgive any spelling mistakes. I used the OCR capture and then went and corrected what I saw incorrect. I might have missed some.

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
              What's family for if you can't wander off into the occasional reminiscence (OK, sp??).

Idle thought...... I wonder how Gatecon is going
              (me??? no, I'm not green with jealousy ).
              YEah right! You're greener than the grass outside my apartment!

Comment

breathe breathe....

I had the same trouble reading it. I just saved it to my computer and then opened it in a program with a enlarge function.
                hmmmm, interesting! I wonder if the interviewer was a shipper (hence the stunned silence )??
                I see the point she's trying to get across, I just don't wanna hear it!!
                It really sounds like AT believes that Sam and Jack will eventually get together, but that Pete is a nice relationship in the meantime (???).
                While I can see the logic in that I have 2 thoughts
                1. if Sam is consciously thinking this, then that's not a very nice way to treat Pete ( I know, I know, sympathy for Pete, what AM I thinking )
                2. if the "plan" is to get Sam and Jack together in the end, how on earth do they plan to accomplish that in approximately half a season (given what's already been written/shot), considering how much Pete we apparently have to look forward to (biting sarcasm) in the first half of the season!!??

I mean, I'll watch irrespective, just with fairly low shipper expectations

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
                  YEah right! You're greener than the grass outside my apartment!
                  Du'oh!!!!! Busted
                  Perhaps if I use my magic asguard hologram device I can pop in a check things out, whilst still appearing to be working studiously.....(OK, OK, enough with the hysterical laughter about the work... ).

Comment

Du'oh!!!!! Busted
                    Perhaps if I use my magic asguard hologram device I can pop in a check things out, whilst still appearing to be working studiously.....(OK, OK, enough with the hysterical laughter about the work... ).
                    Then everybody will wonder why there's a hologram of a woman typing furiously!

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                      OH TAME ..I was only talking in general ...that it's better to download ...from a site ..any site or save target as .. I was not referring to your site ...may be I wrote it all wrong
                      And sorry if it sounded wrong but I was told off for advertising the petition on Sam and Jack yahoo site ...because they thought I spammed them or something like that ..... I posted a lot of the post because I know that in that site ...if you put only one post...it disappears ..in page 2 in 2 seconds ..therefore I tried to fill the first page to make sure everybody saw it ...and now I get my name tarnished .....just for trying to help ..
                      So ...I'm rather upset right now ...but it had nothing to do with you tame ..i was talking in general ..
                      One thing I know ...I won't try to help anymore and will stay in my little corner.
                      Caty
                      Ahhhhh I did read it wrong... I thought you hadn't realized that I was *Hosting* it for her and thought she was *stealing* someone's band width

((((((((Caty))))))))))))) I am so sorry to hear you got so much grief for thying to help out with the petition........ I know you were just trying to make sure that the post didn't get lost but I am sure they didn't see it like that.... I am sorry you got hurt in the process
                      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

I had the same trouble reading it. I just saved it to my computer and then opened it in a program with a enlarge function.
                        hmmmm, interesting! I wonder if the interviewer was a shipper (hence the stunned silence )??
                        I see the point she's trying to get across, I just don't wanna hear it!!
                        It really sounds like AT believes that Sam and Jack will eventually get together, but that Pete is a nice relationship in the meantime (???).
                        While I can see the logic in that I have 2 thoughts
                        1. if Sam is consciously thinking this, then that's not a very nice way to treat Pete ( I know, I know, sympathy for Pete, what AM I thinking )
                        2. if the "plan" is to get Sam and Jack together in the end, how on earth do they plan to accomplish that in approximately half a season (given what's already been written/shot), considering how much Pete we apparently have to look forward to (biting sarcasm) in the first half of the season!!??

I mean, I'll watch irrespective, just with fairly low shipper expectations
                        Another thing you can do with the article is right-click on it and save it to a disk (don't know if it will fit on a floppy or not but you can try). Then you can open it up in an Imaging program with zoom functions. Most imaging programs even have an option for you to send the image to the printer automatically adjusting the image size to fit to the printer paper being used. In fact, you can use the Kodak Imaging program that comes with most versions of windows (except for XP) by default. To print the photo as described before from Kodak Imaging, you go to "file," then "print." Then click on the "Image options" tab. If the image has annotations, you can check or uncheck the "Print displayed annotations" box. Below this check box is a drop down menu for the print format of the image. CLick on this drop-down menu and select "Fit to page." Then click "print."

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                          Ahhhhh I did read it wrong... I thought you hadn't realized that I was *Hosting* it for her and thought she was *stealing* someone's band width

((((((((Caty))))))))))))) I am so sorry to hear you got so much grief for thying to help out with the petition........ I know you were just trying to make sure that the post didn't get lost but I am sure they didn't see it like that.... I am sorry you got hurt in the process
                          That's it Caty. Let the tears flow. Let it all out. Keldor is sorry to hear that you got hurt as well

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Caty))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

*goes to wring out shirt cuz it's now soaked with Caty's tears*

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
                            Then everybody will wonder why there's a hologram of a woman typing furiously!
                            yeeesss......*kiwigater casts glance around room to make sure boss isn't hovering*......typing......
                            (actually, seeing as I'm a grad student my philosophy is that if I goof off the only person it penalises is me How's THAT for a justification ).

(((((((Caty))))))))
                            Clearly the yahoo people deserve a good zatting, we all know you wouldn't deliberately do anything dodgy.
                            Hey, look what Sam is off doing with Jack..... (OK, that didn't come out quite right! )

Comment

Regarding that AT article. I had the same problem with it when it first came out until somebody told me that if point your mouse in the lower right hand corner there is a little box that you can click on which enlarges the text.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

I usually just lurk but wanted to drop by to add a little thought here. I am not a drive by poster or anything like so I hope by doing this I do not offend anyone I just thought perhaps my post may give some food for thoughtas I am a Carter fan:

As to the intepretation of Mr. Mallozzi's post that Carter says yes and then changes her mind and backs out - my thought is this - if Carter were to say yes and then back out later that, IMO, would be a huge flaw with Carter. She did that once with Jonas and IMO for her to do it again would make her look very bad, almost ridiculous to be honest. I somehow would hope that TPTB would not be that clueless/stupid in their treatment of Carter and I would hope that Ms. Tapping would NOT let that happen. In addition, the anti-shippers would have a field day further ripping Carter apart for her behaviour and they would go off on the "look how horribly she treated pete all because of her "crush" on Jack" tangent. It would not be pretty any way you slice it.

I sincerely hope that those involved in the show know better and would NOT go in this direction with Carter - it would be an unmitigated disaster and would further damage the strong, independent, intelligent woman who had self-respect and dignity that we thought we knew.

Comment

Working...
                                X