This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sheeesshhh...

I go away for a few days and I miss all the controversy.

I noticed that one of the Mods posted a chastisment of the thread for accusing Peter deLuise of nepotism. Well, since the definition of nepotism is as follows:

Noun1.nepotism - favoritism shown to relatives or close friends by those in power (as by giving them jobs)

The comment is valid. The accusation that we are impinging on Mr. Peter deLuise's ethics is not. Most companies have policies that are called "Nepotism" policies. It outlines the degree of familial relationship allowed to be employed by the company. There is no question of ethics.

It would very difficult to believe that his relationship with a major contributor had no effect on the decision to cast Mr. David DeLuise. It does not mean that he was not as qualified as any other actor for the position. It does not mean that he was chosen strictly on the basis of his relationship to Mr. Peter deLuise.

My first job at the age of fifteen as a waitress was given to me because of who my mother was. It does not mean that I was unqualified for the position and would not have been terminated if I had not fulfilled the responsibilities of the job. It did not place any question on my mother's ethics for helping me get a job. However, it did assist in the process.

Of all the threads that I read on Gateworld, the Shipper Thread, although passionate about the S/J controversy, is the least likely group to inflict insult on the cast or crew of SG1.
    Last edited by Guest; 13 July 2004, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
      It is working NOW... I see the big sucking bug.... Is THAT what Sam sees when PS is coming at her with his lips....oh did I say that out loud
      It's a new sigpic.

I'm going to post the link to the place I found the cool skulls thinger.

http://fast.horrorseek.com/horror/dr...hicimages.html

This is the gif I was using: http://www.horrorseek.com/horror/dra...nningskull.gif

I want it back!

Sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        It's a new sigpic.

This is the gif I was using: http://www.horrorseek.com/horror/dra...nningskull.gif

I want it back!

Sally
        It says the web site is having a problem
        so that may be why we can't see it
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

It's a new sigpic.

I want it back!

Sally
          Resident graphic geek, here... OK, Ms. Sally, you seem to need your spirits lifted - so if this will make you happy, here it is!

http://hometown.aol.com/tvcdba/myhom...nningskull.gif

copy the link or Tame can download it from here and host it for you if you prefer.

(geekspeak: you couldn't see it because you can't hotlink from their site, so you have to download it and host it youself).
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Token
            Just be POSITIVELY negative!

No really, even though I am bracing myself for rough waters, I'm POSITIVELY going to enjoy Season 8. How's that? And if the mods let us post our pictures on Shipper Day, it will be fun finding the best ones!

Ouch! I just had a GREAT thought. How about on Shipper Day we get the mods to create us a poll so we can vote on which episode we think is shippiest? What about that?
            I'm fine with creating a poll for shippiest episode. If the concensus here is that we want it to be a protected thread I can add that in the first post of the thread. Before I create the poll though an agreement needs to be reached on which episodes to include in the poll. I know this seems like a no brainer but I can't include a whole lot of episodes in the poll. It should be about 5 episodes and I believe it can be no more than 7. I am assuming D&C, WoO, and BtS pretty much go without saying so let me know about the others.

As for being allowed to post your pictures it's Darren's forum and thus it is his call. He is the creator of the Forum FAQ's so if you want an exception made then you'll have to ask him directly.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
              Sheeesshhh...

I go away for a few days and I miss all the controversy.

I noticed that one of the Mods posted a chastisment of the thread for accusing Peter deLuise of nepotism. Well, since the definition of nepotism is as follows:

Noun1.nepotism - favoritism shown to relatives or close friends by those in power (as by giving them jobs)

The comment is valid. The accusation that we are impinging on Mr. Peter deLuise's ethics is not. Most companies have policies that are called "Nepotism" policies. It outlines the degree of familial relationship allowed to be employed by the company. There is no question of ethics.

It would very difficult to believe that his relationship with a major contributor had no effect on the decision to cast Mr. David DeLuise. It does not mean that he was not as qualified as any other actor for the position. It does not mean that he was chosen strictly on the basis of his relationship to Mr. Peter deLuise.

My first job at the age of fifteen as a waitress was given to me because of who my mother was. It does not mean that I was unqualified for the position and would not have been terminated if I had not fulfilled the responsibilities of the job. It did not place any question on my mother's ethics for helping me get a job. However, it did assist in the process.

Of all the threads that I read on Gateworld, the Shipper Thread, although passionate about the S/J controversy, is the least likely group to inflict insult on the cast or crew of SG1.
              The question isn't whether or not the accusation is valid it's that those sorts of accusations don't belong here on this forum. It strays into actor's and PTB personal lives and that's not allowed here.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

It is important to remember that the President is a SHIPPER, and he owes Jack BIG TIME!!

Oh yeah, I've always thought that too!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
                  I've lost control of my keyboard eh??? Well, then that explains *my* behaviour across on the thunk thread..... (it wasn't me.... realllllly it wasn't ).

OK, I'm all jazzed up for this party!
                  I think I'll whip this 200 proof alcohol (wwoooaaaahhh baby!) into a yummy strawberry daquiri.
                  I hope Ship Mum left enough NEAR cookies to feed us all (and I'm dead keen to try this shipper BBQ sauce ).
                  It was you; I saw you there and you didn't want to share.
                  sigpic

Comment

Ok Mala.. and all you other Shippers out there.... I am taking a leap of faith!!!!
                    SPOILER SPACE

I am going to go with the theory that
                    A) The little conclusion that JM said we could jump to is that YES PS will ask Sam to marry him
                    and
                    B) The BIG conclusion that We SHOULD NOT jump to is her saying yes.....

I may be setting myself up here but I want to be happy again... and I want to be positive and I want us all to be blissfully ignorant again of all of this Ok
                    ok

carry on then
                    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                      Ok Mala.. and all you other Shippers out there.... I am taking a leap of faith!!!!
                      SPOILER SPACE

I am going to go with the theory that
                      A) The little conclusion that JM said we could jump to is that YES PS will ask Sam to marry him
                      and
                      B) The BIG conclusion that We SHOULD NOT jump to is her saying yes.....

I may be setting myself up here but I want to be happy again... and I want to be positive and I want us all to be blissfully ignorant again of all of this Ok
                      ok

carry on then
                      hey...I'm still thinking she's gonna hem and haw and say 'yes'...but won't end up marrying HIM:

OK, it's not positive, but I'll just drag out some Potatoheads to lighten the load (of BS!).... (and concentrate on playing 'GutterFairy' on the RDA/Jack Thunker's Thread!)
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50
                        Resident graphic geek, here... OK, Ms. Sally, you seem to need your spirits lifted - so if this will make you happy, here it is!

http://hometown.aol.com/tvcdba/myhom...nningskull.gif

copy the link or Tame can download it from here and host it for you if you prefer.

(geekspeak: you couldn't see it because you can't hotlink from their site, so you have to download it and host it youself).

Thank you!

I'm sure you can tell by now that Tame's hosted it for me. One thing I don't understand is why *I* could see it? I didn't d/l it, just used it's properties and copied the link to here. Hmmmm.....

Sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

I pulled these stats from Thread VIII:

Thread VIII began on July 11, 2004 at 12:04am Central US time and closed July 13, 2004 at 8:04pm Central US time. That would average around 500 posts per day. I think GoneShippin' usually does the stats for us.
                          Bl***dy h£ll, how prolific are we?

And nice with it!

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                            As a start, why don't we post as many shippy pics as we have (like the Thunk thread).

And you could do a SAM AND JACK music video Marathon too

Caty

Comment

Hey folks!

In the last thread, marimba said she might be running an online petition.

Does anybody know if she is, and if so, where it is?

I'm running a shippy petition, and I've got fifty names! (Not bad for three days)
                              sigpic
                              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Thank you!

I'm sure you can tell by now that Tame's hosted it for me. One thing I don't understand is why *I* could see it? I didn't d/l it, just used it's properties and copied the link to here. Hmmmm.....

Sally

Your really should download any pics you take from another site ...you right click and save target as ...and change the title if you like ..and upload it in your site ......then you have a new link otherwise you are stealing this other person's bandwith.

Same for downloading videos ..you should always save them into your computer ..otherwise the host site will crash and it's not very nice

Anyway ..it's a really cool revolving skull ..hopefully you'll be able to find one with some throwbing hearts soon..

Caty
                                Last edited by Catysg1; 14 July 2004, 05:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X