X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kathleen12
    Cool! Works for me * guess I'm not totally sticking to my story, huh?*

At any rate, ANYTHING works for me if it means getting rid of !
    WELCOME KATHLEEN12!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Keldor (my Tok'ra symbiote) says: "Tec'ma'te!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kathleen12
      Hi Shippers! After lurking for a long time, I finally got up the courage to post. Reading your posts, and knowing that other shippers still ship finally got me through a (love that face btw) induced depression that caused me to avoid gateworld, this forum, fanfic, and both Monday and Friday SG1 nights for most of the break. Came back to the light for New Order and decided to stay for awhile .

Better now (barely) but like many here, I don't think SG1 will ever be the same for me .

1 more comment - I have a theory about 's appearance after affinty - maybe he proposes in that ep but she needs time to think about it ( the answer should be obvious, but anyway) and then in the next ep -which apparently he will be in?? feel free to correct me if I am wrong - she gives him the boot! I think the "I may die or I may get married" line is just yet another example of yanking our chains.

And that is MY story and I am sticking to it! *with fingers crossed that the story doesn't have to change for the worse*
      Kathleen12!!!
      Grab some cookies and a beverage of your choice; it's always a fun time in Shipper Land!
      *I like your story BTW*

Token ~

Comment

Spoiler Space Season 8 Speculation
        Originally posted by wynter
        hey guys just a thought,isn't there suppose to be two sams in this series,i.e.the replicater sam?I haven't seen any episodes of season 8 yet,but what if the clone sam says yes,and gets us all fired up when the real sam is hidden away some-where!Just a thought.
        You know that has crossed my mind as well, but then I would be raising my expectations. It would be a cool SCIFI storyline instead of a SOAP storyline.
        Last edited by Token; 14 July 2004, 07:27 AM. Reason: Spoiler Space

Token ~

Comment

from the last thread:

first, I almost was ale to stay on and end it (I wnated post #1000 ) but I had to go to a seminar about GPS instead

Token, where can I get these postcards to send TPTB?

Ship Nana, glad your having fun. Kel'sha enjoys my memories of Panama very much and I've heard Costa Rica is beautiful too. I love rainforests!

For Ship Day, I agree with Kiwigater...there should be a cake...

Kel'sha says: Waterfall, NOOO!!! LtLisa is so distraught that your sig pic might change that I'm talling you...nononono...its wonderful, keep it!

(((Aunt Sally))) and no more shippy sig?

ses110, soap opera plots are better than the plot...I've seen em...

//She wants to stretch her acting legs and make Sam something other than just the Air Force scientist and I respect that but I can't make myself like it. My husband revels in telling me what I geek I am for caring so much about a storyline in a t.v. show but I think that's the sign of good t.v., when you get involved in a story arc.//

Ship Mom, she's making Sam look like a stupid, wussy doormat though...
          and I KOW my RL family thinks I'm nuts too..but this show is awesome!

Be back after lunch to catch up with the this shiny new thread!

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
          ~Imzadi
          describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
          Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by jjj2046
            Spoiler Space

Could someone explain to me why the anti-shippers aren't just as upset as the S/J shippers about the spoiler regarding Sam and the other guy? They should be even more annoyed about this.

The explanantions as to why they're against the S/J ship are partially
            1) It is demeaning to Sam as a military officer to define her based on her gender and and makes her look weak to emphasis her being a female who needs a man.
            2) The show is supposed to be a sci-fi show and devoting time to her personal issues detracts from the Stargate stuff.
            3) Regulations forbid fraternization within the chain of command.

How could it be any less demeaning than to push a relationship between Sam and a civilian? Pete is a guy who isn't part of what is the most significant role in her life - her scientific work and the Stargate program. What are we supposed to think they have in common other than sex? He's not local, she's gone on other worlds, she's military, he's civilian.

How does a relationship with a civilian further the sci-fi aspect of the show? It would have made more sense to have Sam get involved with an alien from another world - at least we would have the cross-species aspect. Pete's not involved in the sci-fi and spending time showing them playing house certainly isn't increasing the sci-fi

Certainly seems like the AirForce had no problems violating the regulations by allowing Pete to see the SGC in spite of his lack of security clearance or his "need to know." . No way would they have done that. I realize that they needed to provide medical care but IRL they would have done it without giving him a tour. He would have had a visit from MIB, gven a swamp gas story and told to keep his mouth shut due to national security.

Since I'm a newcomer to the on-line fandom, did I miss some segment of the SG-1 fan base that was clamoring for Sam to get a bf? Was there any reason to even introduce Pete - let alone expand his role?
            Excellent points! Where are the anti-shippers regarding the whole fiasco?

I am new also but I don't think anybody but AT and TPTB wanted the bf. Sad thing is that it could have been done in a way that accentuated the Jack & Sam ship rather that diminish it.

"Pete Who?"

Even my DOG is a shipper!

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
              Your really should download any pics you take from another site ...you right click and save target as ...and change the title if you like ..and upload it in your site ......then you have a new link otherwise you are stealing this other person's bandwith.

Same for downloading videos ..you should always save them into your computer ..otherwise the host site will crash and it's not very nice

Anyway ..it's a really cool revolving skull ..hopefully you'll be able to find one with some throwbing hearts soon..

Caty
              Caty I am hosting the picture...so the only Bandwidth that is being used is mine. That is why it is called *Hosting* I put the picture, .gif or whatever on my personal web space and then allow the person to use it. So she is not stealing anything if she has my permission. and especially if I went and did all the work to make sure it was uploaded onto my site
              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by LtLisa
                from the last thread:

first, I almost was ale to stay on and end it (I wnated post #1000 ) but I had to go to a seminar about GPS instead

Token, where can I get these postcards to send TPTB?

Ship Nana, glad your having fun. Kel'sha enjoys my memories of Panama very much and I've heard Costa Rica is beautiful too. I love rainforests!

For Ship Day, I agree with Kiwigater...there should be a cake...

Kel'sha says: Waterfall, NOOO!!! LtLisa is so distraught that your sig pic might change that I'm talling you...nononono...its wonderful, keep it!

(((Aunt Sally))) and no more shippy sig?

ses110, soap opera plots are better than the plot...I've seen em...

//She wants to stretch her acting legs and make Sam something other than just the Air Force scientist and I respect that but I can't make myself like it. My husband revels in telling me what I geek I am for caring so much about a storyline in a t.v. show but I think that's the sign of good t.v., when you get involved in a story arc.//

Ship Mom, she's making Sam look like a stupid, wussy doormat though...
                and I KOW my RL family thinks I'm nuts too..but this show is awesome!

Be back after lunch to catch up with the this shiny new thread!
                Yes. How about a chocolate rum cake? And be careful of the BBQ sauce. These Tok'ra shipper peppers that are part of the sauce are very potent.

And I hope Sam remembers the time before when she was the "smart tough cookie" and even bucking "the system" on another planet in "Emancipation." Sam jsut doesn't seem as tough a cookie to me as she used to be.

Keldor is telling me to remember my happy places as well. He really enjoys my childhood memories of visiting my Grandma (now dead, still have one Grandma left though) and Grampa's house in Butler PA. He especially enjoys my memories during those visits of me playing around in their nice wide open back yard. And also of helping with the garden. Actually more hindering than helping.

Sadly, since my Grandma in Butler died, the garden doesn't get used anymore. Keldor is now telling me to redirect that train of thought as I'm starting to become sad again.

Also enjoys my memories of visiting my still living Grandma in the downtown Pittsburgh area. Both Butler and Pittsburgh are very nice places.

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                  Caty I am hosting the picture...so the only Bandwidth that is being used is mine. That is why it is called *Hosting* I put the picture, .gif or whatever on my personal web space and then allow the person to use it. So she is not stealing anything if she has my permission. and especially if I went and did all the work to make sure it was uploaded onto my site
                  And we all thank you for making this effort, as we all know how tempermental computers can be.

I had to wait till I got into work to access this thread cuz the severe storms we had at around 4:30 AM this morning knocked out RESNET (what I use for the high-speed internet in my on-campus apartment). Those were nasty. Even saw quite a few nasty lookin' lightning bolts.

And I just realized something, our shipper day is the same day as my friend's birthday. How cool is that?!?! I think she'll like the present I got for her. And I know what you guys are thinking, but there's nothing between us. (At least not yet! )

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
                    Yes. How about a chocolate rum cake? And be careful of the BBQ sauce. These Tok'ra shipper peppers that are part of the sauce are very potent.

And I hope Sam remembers the time before when she was the "smart tough cookie" and even bucking "the system" on another planet in "Emancipation." Sam jsut doesn't seem as tough a cookie to me as she used to be.

Keldor is telling me to remember my happy places as well. He really enjoys my childhood memories of visiting my Grandma (now dead, still have one Grandma left though) and Grampa's house in Butler PA. He especially enjoys my memories during those visits of me playing around in their nice wide open back yard. And also of helping with the garden. Actually more hindering than helping.

Sadly, since my Grandma in Butler died, the garden doesn't get used anymore. Keldor is now telling me to redirect that train of thought as I'm starting to become sad again.

Also enjoys my memories of visiting my still living Grandma in the downtown Pittsburgh area. Both Butler and Pittsburgh are very nice places.
                    Sorry about sharing my RL memories, as they were a bit off topic.

Comment

OH! How could I have forgot another important member of the shipper alliance: The mimetic aliens from Tonani's world!!!!!!! I've told them about and I can tell you they don't like him much either. Sorry about that you guys! Please don't trap me and Keldor in dimensional stasis (i.e., make me disappear).

* comes home to his place and goes inside. Xales is there.*

: Who are you? What are you doing here?
                      Xales: Not your concern *Xales brings his hands together and traps in dimensional stasis*

*20 years later: Sam has taken command of the SGC and Jack has long since retired. Sam and Jack have been married for 18 of those 20 years.*

* reappears right in front of Sam!*

: Sam, you look...different.
                      Sam: That's because 20 years have passed.
                      : Will you marry me?
                      Sam: 20 years have passed you noodle-headed dunce!!!!!! Jack and I have been married for 18 of those 20.
                      : NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
                      LtLisa and Kel'sha both approve!

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                      ~Imzadi

Comment

Originally posted by wynter
                        hey guys THREAD 9 ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        i want sam to say to jack that pete has asked her to marry him,theres a pause and sad look on jacks face,he repies "so congratulations are in order then carter"Sam says "I haven't given him an answer yet,is there any reason i shouldn't give him an answer sir"staring at jack.
                        With this jack replies to sam after another longing look at each other"why would there be any reason,i hope you are both happy"then walks out leaving sam devestated,and coming to the conclusion she would rather be with some-one rather than being on her own,even though the only man she ever loved was jack.
                        Later that night sam comes to the conclusion that she couldn't be so cruel to and decides that in the morning she will refuse his offer of proposal.
                        The door knocks,as sam answers it jack walks in.
                        He starts off by saying that"Carter there is a reason,you wouldn't want to live a life of secrets with the man you marry,you may want a family how will you do that."
                        Sma says to jack"Then i would give up the stargate"
                        "Why would you do that,does he mean that much to you?Do you love him that much?How could you let some-one give up the life and career that you love"jack says,with the reply from sam"I would have done it for you if you loved me,but then again you don't know what love is do you"
                        Then jacks says " i know what love is.I have loved you for nearly 8 years and because of rules we have always stayed in the room,but now i can't stay in the room because if i lost you to mr tj hooker i would have nothing left in my world worth fighting for"then with that they kiss for the 1st proper time.....

WOW a bit long but i would love for them to confront each other now not later,but as long as it's at the end.
                        <sighs> wonderful...PTB, are you listening?

~Imzadi

Comment

Sorry about sharing my RL memories, as they were a bit off topic.
                          What's family for if you can't wander off into the occasional reminiscence (OK, sp??).

Idle thought...... I wonder how Gatecon is going
                          (me??? no, I'm not green with jealousy ).

Comment

Good morning, shippers!!

Last season I wrote to the TPTB - and I mean friendly, respectful, complementary, positive, upbeat letters telling them what I like about the show and what I would and would not like to see happen. It seemed better to contact them rather than MGM or SciFi since they were more directly connected to the daily operations of the show.

Now I think it’s time to direct my efforts to SciFi and MGM instead. I’m tempted to write to the sponsors as I know this has worked in the past when viewers have objected to violence or profanity, but I’m not sure if it would be worth it to send them letters re: a plot development. They probably wouldn't think it was important enough to bother with (yes, I ended that sentence with a preposition! Do you guys have any thoughts about this?

sigpic
                            s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

breathe breathe....

I just found a interview from amanda tapping you guys have to read this.

http://stargate-sg1.hu/photos/interv...g1article2.jpg

Carter_oneill who is searching for further information

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar

OH TAME ..I was only talking in general ...that it's better to download ...from a site ..any site or save target as .. I was not referring to your site ...may be I wrote it all wrong

And sorry if it sounded wrong but I was told off for advertising the petition on Sam and Jack yahoo site ...because they thought I spammed them or something like that ..... I posted a lot of the post because I know that in that site ...if you put only one post...it disappears ..in page 2 in 2 seconds ..therefore I tried to fill the first page to make sure everybody saw it ...and now I get my name tarnished .....just for trying to help ..

So ...I'm rather upset right now ...but it had nothing to do with you tame ..i was talking in general ..

One thing I know ...I won't try to help anymore and will stay in my little corner.

Caty
                                Last edited by Catysg1; 14 July 2004, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X