X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by getcarter
    []((((((((((((SHIPPER FAMILY)))))))))))))))[/COLOR]
    Oh my gosh how I have missed everyone!!! You can't imagine my relief that all of this is over. When Waterfall was finally able to get through to me I was overjoyed!! I wasn't sure where the storm had gone so I had no idea if she was ok or not. We are all ok and have sustained minor damage to our homes but others were not as fortunate. The devastation both here and in Punta Gorda and the neighboring islands is unbelievable. We are still without power and have resorted to bathing in the swimming pool but we are all alive and have a home so that's all that matters!! My mom has a generator (obviously I hooked up the computer first hee!) so we are able to at least have food and some relative relief from the heat. Never thought I would WANT to go to work....

But thank you all for your concern. Waterfall told me that everyone was asking about us and it made me feel very loved. I want each and everyone of you to know that I am truly grateful to have met you. I am truly blessed.

We are supposed to have power by Friday - just in time for Affinity - how's that for timing. I did miss Avatar so I'll just have to avoid the spoilers and watch it in reruns. But just wanted to hop on line and let everyone know we're ok and that I've been thinking of you guys.

Much love!!
    Nahhhhh.... we are the ones who are blessed meeting & knowing you!
    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
    My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by Critter
      Thank you and I totally agree with you. I am getting really aggrivated by the whole thing---UST and the forum hiccups. I need some of those green shipper cookies and fast

Here ya go!!!!!!!!!

Pale Green Shipper Cookie - used for medicinal purposes only by sick shippers - this cookie is full of Shipper Love and Ship Nana's chicken soup.

Between the Shipper Roller Coaster Ride, A$$inity airing on Fri. and the Forum Hiccups, it's enough to make a girl really sick.!

Please pass those Pale Green Shipper Cookies.

Thanks!!!
      Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
        <snip>
        AND Cool FYI
        Baby Kitties had their FIRSY Vet appt today They are 18 DAYS OLD TODAY
        yes I have kept them alive 18 days so far
        they check them over thouroughly and checked them for *Feline Leukemia* and..........They are healthy little babies. Negative on the Feline Luk. and I have been pronounced a *Great Kitty Mommy* by the Arizona Animal Welfare League...WOO HOO made my morning
        Here's to the Great Kitty Mommy!
        Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)

Comment

Oh my gosh how I have missed everyone!!! You can't imagine my relief that all of this is over. When Waterfall was finally able to get through to me I was overjoyed!! I wasn't sure where the storm had gone so I had no idea if she was ok or not. We are all ok and have sustained minor damage to our homes but others were not as fortunate. The devastation both here and in Punta Gorda and the neighboring islands is unbelievable. We are still without power and have resorted to bathing in the swimming pool but we are all alive and have a home so that's all that matters!! My mom has a generator (obviously I hooked up the computer first hee!) so we are able to at least have food and some relative relief from the heat. Never thought I would WANT to go to work....

But thank you all for your concern. Waterfall told me that everyone was asking about us and it made me feel very loved. I want each and everyone of you to know that I am truly grateful to have met you. I am truly blessed.

We are supposed to have power by Friday - just in time for Affinity - how's that for timing. I did miss Avatar so I'll just have to avoid the spoilers and watch it in reruns. But just wanted to hop on line and let everyone know we're ok and that I've been thinking of you guys.

Much love!!
          ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((GetCarter)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

We were soooooooooo worried about you until Waterfall was able to get thru to you and update all of us!

Sorry you had to go thru that experience but at least ya'll (and your computer) are OK!!!!!!!

We all know Shippers are hard to keep down!!!!!!!!
          Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
            ((((((((((((SHIPPER FAMILY))))))))))))))

*sob* I missed you all. Don't ever leave me alone again!!
            We missed you too!
            I think the only reason I was able to walk away from the PC w/out too many withdrawal pains was only because it was Monday night & that means SG on SciFi from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m. And they had a good schedule & I enjoyed most of the shows that were on too.
            Ahhh.... "Upgrades." Wish more S8 shows could be like that one. Good humor. Good team. Good story. Good ship.

Comment

This off-again on-again GW is enough to drive a Shipper nuts. Yesterday I was at the library so I checked out GW on the computer there (in case it was mine at fault--or whatever). Got GW, then while reading the forum it went off again. Back home, got it briefly then off again, then couldn't even get on the Internet. Then today--got the Internet but no GW. Then got GW, then off again. Now on again. For how long? Memo tomyself. Think positive. At least I was able to read all the interviews onRDAnderson.com.
              They were interesting, but not really recent, as in late news. "Endgame" was said to be a continuation of "Affinity." What? is going to help find the stolen Stargate?

Comment

snip, snip

Yea!!! Glad you're back and that everything's OK! What a relief!!

sigpic
                s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

*big sigh as shakey hands seem to subside* I think my withdraw symptoms were getting a bit much there for a while! I hope I can get this post through before it goes kaplooy again....
                  WELCOME tpe78, cc_mac, ali_gater!!!! Post tons and eat lots of shipper cookies... welcome to the artistic, crazy, funny, etc etc family that is The S/J shippers!!!
                  (((((getcarter))))) so glad you're back and safe!!!!! We were all so worried!
                  Welcome Back Caty!!!! we missed you, hope you had fun on your vacation!!!
                  Meimei, love your new fic (i'm lucky I had something to read while the forum was being mean to us!!), will there be a sequal??????????? I hope there will be!!!
                  JSDT, great job on your first video!!! It looked great. (was it just my player or was it just a bit too dark??)
                  I have AIM also for anyone who wants to put me on their list... tiggerluvslove (yes its dumb but it was a temp one for a while but now I use it most of the time) I hope its okay if I put all of your names on my list If not just say so I wont be hurt

Well I hope this post goes through.... *crosses fingers* here goes nothin...

*DROOL*

McKAY: If you're referring to the ship you just shot down, the one that doesn't stand a hope in hell of ever flying again ...

TORRELL: The ship that you're gonna fix, yes.

McKAY: What am I, MacGyver? Fix it with what?

http://www.sgtsiler.com/Nikkirose.html
                  MINE.. ALL MINE!! Mwhahahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                    Congrats Tame. Did you get your pic in the paper??

Pic would be okay, but no address, or unresponsibles might drop off unwanted moggies at the curb. But I second the congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                      Hey....DON'T RUSH GENIUS.....oh wait thats you

ok I admit I did look at the NEW one first <sheepish grin> I am just trying to keep myself bust I Loves my Sam & Jack and I loves my Star Gate

So I will look at the re-write (pg-13 stuff)

AND Cool FYI
                      Baby Kitties had their FIRSY Vet appt today They are 18 DAYS OLD TODAY
                      yes I have kept them alive 18 days so far
                      they check them over thouroughly and checked them for *Feline Leukemia* and..........They are healthy little babies. Negative on the Feline Luk. and I have been pronounced a *Great Kitty Mommy* by the Arizona Animal Welfare League...WOO HOO made my morning
                      We are putting your picture up in the Shipper City Hall.

Your certificate will read as follows:
                      The Shipper Family formally recognizes one of it's own, Tame, who without regard to herself saved innocent baby kittens. In recognition of this selfless act Tame has been awarded this Shipper Certificate of Recognition. For all that you do and for all that you are, you are Shipper Town's
                      UNSUNG HERO
                      Ship Nana

Comment

((((((((((((((((((GetCarter)))))))))))))))))))))))

So glad to see you back and healthy!!!

Welcome back, Caty!

Welcome all delulking shippers!

Tame! I knew better than to send you the new one until you finished the other one!!

JSDT, wonderful vid, loved the long clips!

Nikkirose, no sequel to the new one in the works, my muse keeps me writing ways to get rid of !

Thanks to everyone that liked the fic!

My AIM is on my profile, feel free to ping me if you catch me out there!!

Did I forget anything? It's taking forever to load replies so I thought that I would try to get them all in one post!

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                          This off-again on-again GW is enough to drive a Shipper nuts. Yesterday I was at the library so I checked out GW on the computer there (in case it was mine at fault--or whatever). Got GW, then while reading the forum it went off again. Back home, got it briefly then off again, then couldn't even get on the Internet. Then today--got the Internet but no GW. Then got GW, then off again. Now on again. For how long? Memo tomyself. Think positive. At least I was able to read all the interviews onRDAnderson.com.
                          They were interesting, but not really recent, as in late news. "Endgame" was said to be a continuation of "Affinity." What? is going to help find the stolen Stargate?
                          Spoiler:
                          I prefer to think of it as the "Endgame" for , thank you very much.

So please don't tell me it's another episode that I can't watch.

He's becoming part of SG1, for crying out loud!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!

What is it with . He just won't go away!! Sorta like a very, very BAD NIGHTMARE that you just can't wake up from.
                          Ship Nana

Comment

At lunch I couldn't get to the Forum but GW came up & so I too linked to the rdanderson website interviews... some of the interviews were the same exact words (like AT's) that we've heard in other interviews/articles. Others (RCC, DK) we've not heard or discussed so much, or the other interviews weren't as presented at that site. I recommend the link - Long interviews w/Q&A also. http://www.rdanderson.com/stargate/scenes/scenes.htm

From the RCC interview (http://www.rdanderson.com/stargate/scenes/cooper.htm) - Hey Sam o Neill - was that you/your question that RCC answered re: S/J? I actually enjoyed his answer. He came across sounding much better than how he's been quoted in mainstream media. My respect for him went up (Now DK on the other hand…. ).

From the DK interview (http://www.rdanderson.com/stargate/scenes/kindler.htm) – He has an interesting POV on the S/J ship, but I get the feeling from this interview that if he had his way S/J would never be resolved. It would be like the book he referred to – can you imagine S & J being 90+ years old before anything got resolved??? (And yes I know he meant it as an extreme example and as food for thought.) But really there's certain things you miss out on if you wait to get together until 90 (or any later age): the ability to have/raise/nurture children/grandchildren, more mobility to do things w/your loved one, the ability to have **ahem** err.... eat 'yellow cookies' **ahem**, not to mention the often times wonderful journey together through all those years to get to old age...

I agree about his 'threshold' thoughts... once you've reached a certain point, you can't go back. Whatever floated your boat before won’t always float it now. I think we've discussed that here re: the PS relationship – how they’ve now “gone there” w/S & PS and if they write future ships for any character any differently than this one it won't seem in place in the SG universe.

But guess I have to respectfully disagree w/his thoughts on showing RST would be unfair to the characters/show/etc. Why not make this the show that writes it right & makes RST a successful component of a show?

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                              Hiya folks, hope you don't mind me asking a question that might be answered in the thread already, if it has then I know someone will point me in the right direction.

Anyway, going by the season *so far* (I'm purposely coming in to ask *before* Affinity or Threads ) are you happy with the season so far, ship-wise? Is it shippy? Is it projection-shippy, interpretation-shippy, or actual-shippy? And if you like it, do you like it in a "yes, this is how it should be" way, or a "yes it's okay but only cos it's not anti-shippy, I need more eventually" way?

Just curious. I haven't seen beyond New Order, but I'm aware that a lot of anti-shippers have been happier with s8 so far than they were with s7 in general, and I was wondering if that meant that y'all would be less happy, or if it meant a balance has been found.

(PS - While I was merging all those threads earlier I saw the Shipper Town Map, and it's such a fun thing, kudos to the creator whose identity I totally forget.)

Yes, it's okay but only because it's not anti-shippy, I need more eventually. Could have a little more emotion when S/J see each other. Didn't have to be ship. Enjoyed the team meetings. BTW, anti-shippers had the whole first half of S7, didn't they?

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                                At lunch I couldn't get to the Forum but GW came up & so I too linked to the rdanderson website interviews... some of the interviews were the same exact words (like AT's) that we've heard in other interviews/articles. Others (RCC, DK) we've not heard or discussed so much, or the other interviews weren't as presented at that site. I recommend the link - Long interviews w/Q&A also. http://www.rdanderson.com/stargate/scenes/scenes.htm

From the RCC interview (http://www.rdanderson.com/stargate/scenes/cooper.htm) - Hey Sam o Neill - was that you/your question that RCC answered re: S/J? I actually enjoyed his answer. He came across sounding much better than how he's been quoted in mainstream media. My respect for him went up (Now DK on the other hand…. ).

From the DK interview (http://www.rdanderson.com/stargate/scenes/kindler.htm) – He has an interesting POV on the S/J ship, but I get the feeling from this interview that if he had his way S/J would never be resolved. It would be like the book he referred to – can you imagine S & J being 90+ years old before anything got resolved??? (And yes I know he meant it as an extreme example and as food for thought.) But really there's certain things you miss out on if you wait to get together until 90 (or any later age): the ability to have/raise/nurture children/grandchildren, more mobility to do things w/your loved one, the ability to have **ahem** err.... eat 'yellow cookies' **ahem**, not to mention the often times wonderful journey together through all those years to get to old age...

I agree about his 'threshold' thoughts... once you've reached a certain point, you can't go back. Whatever floated your boat before won’t always float it now. I think we've discussed that here re: the PS relationship – how they’ve now “gone there” w/S & PS and if they write future ships for any character any differently than this one it won't seem in place in the SG universe.

But guess I have to respectfully disagree w/his thoughts on showing RST would be unfair to the characters/show/etc. Why not make this the show that writes it right & makes RST a successful component of a show?
                                In response to sam_o_neill's question about bringing closure to the Sam/Jack story Robert Cooper said the following at rdanderson.com:

Spoiler:
                                "There is some fun sexual tension between Carter and O’Neill. That we are exploring that as drama this season should be no surprise to anyone."

I think this sounds rather promising, don't you?!
                                Ship Nana

Comment

Working...
                                X