This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just poppin' in to say:

WELCOME EYE OF BOTOX AND ANY OTHER NEWBIES THAT HAVE DELURKED SINCE LAST NIGHT!!!!

Now sadly I must go to bed! When the screen starts gettin' blurry, it's bed time for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Jamaica03
      Very nice Melyanna.

Has anyone else listened to the audio commentary from Chimera? I know how everyone feels about this episode, but I was suprised to hear what they said about it.
      Chimera commentary spoilers..
      Spoiler:
      They repetedly talked about how Pete really did stalk Carter. They even question the chemistry between them, one of them saying there was great chimistry between them and the other two respond "what does that mean" and "it's really the dress", "yeah, the dress has chemistry" (in refrence to Carters low cut sun dress). I was just suprised to hear them think the same thing as the shippers.
      Do you know who is doing the talking?

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50

Re the fainting Sam scene, I read somewhere how they did that scene and was forever spoiled by the reality of it. Don't read this if you don't want to know!
        Spoiler:
        It was actually Dan Shea (stunt coordinator/Sgt. Siler) carrying a dummy!
        Yes, BUT, it was Jack doing the grabbing at Sam! He might not have carried her, but it sure looked like he had his hands on her enough to lift her up. Jack grabbed Sam!

Sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
          Do you know who is doing the talking?
          I just looked on the dvd case it's director Will Waring, Peter Woeste and writer Damian Kindler who did the commentaries for Chimera.

Peter Woeste ,who directed Grace, also said in the Grace commentaries,
          Spoiler:
          talking about Carter and O'Neills relationship and where they are at the end of Grace, one of them ask if they think that will satisfy the shippers and he responded "I think it will keep the pot boiling", then they say "next time will see O'Neills dreams."
          lol

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
            But if anyone's interested in my photo with Amanda 'and' Don, go here:

http://www.amandatapping.com/Scripts...view_photo.php

Thanks again for sharing your great photos!

Sally
            That is a great picture of you, Amanda and Don. Thanks for posting it Sally.
            sigpic

Comment

Okay, this is gonna be a long one so take a deep breath! I'm finally caught up on the last 300 or so posts and here's what I have to say...

WELCOME, NEWBIES!!! I know i haven't been around much lately but I'm one of your two resident video makers on thread. Glad to have you all here!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO TASHA AND TAME!!! Let's see, you're both 29, right?

Mala!!!! What more can I say about all of your beautiful pics!! Um...WOW!!

Nick...I'm right there with you hoping for some ship to keep us going through the hiatus, this half of the season has been a long dry spell for all of us!

As for Pete, I am no longer worried. Just finished catching up on Alias and compared to Lauren, Pete is weak and pathetic. No match for Jack at all! The fact that we've heard so much about him only indicates to me that they are marking time until they get around to fulfilling the plan that I'm sure they have had for this whole season--but we're stuck with him for now. At least he's no Lauren, she was actually a real threat to the Syd/Vaughn ship--Pete is NO threat to O'Neill!!!!! (Nice use of the phrase for the day, eh Tame? ). And I'm not going to tell you how satisfying it was to watch Vaughn blow her away!! I really hope that the ditching of Pete is equally as satisfying!

Okay, now to more serious matters. This whole OT debate. We have ALL been guilty of being OT at one time or another--there are over 15,000 posts in the archive to prove it and I'm QUITE sure that not every post in that archive is serious and on-topic.

Lately we have had very little ship to talk about and so we have been getting to know each other on thread--a good thing IMHO. While I agree in principle that posts should be kept as close to topic as possible, it would be difficult to decide what is too far away from topic and who to penalize accordingly and it would probably devolve into bickering--not a pretty picture.

I'm quite sure I don't need to remind the vets here of the situation over at the Sam and Jack list--lots of bickering from certain people, not a pleasant place to be sometimes. Several people have come here because of the warmth and genuine affection that they see here. Who wouldn't want to be a part of that? I, for one, do not want to see that go away.

I hear the complaint that the OT posts are the reason the thread is going too fast. While they may be a contributing factor, they are not the ONLY reason. Remember that the number of people who post on this thread has grown SIGNIFICANTLY over the summer! The sheer number of people who delurked because of Affinity is AMAZING!! More people=more posts.

But here's what worries me folks...

We have always been a big shipper family and I'm worried that when we hurt each other, we are destroying that. We have always been about boosting people up, NOT tearing them down. We are all antsy of late because of Affinity (just like we were antsy over Chimera) but the key difference here is that we are so worried about Pete that we seem to have forgotten why we're here. In that spirit, I'm going to repost my reasons for being here...

1. I LOVE SAM AND JACK. I like them in a box, with a fox, etc. You get the idea.
              2. I have ALWAYS felt welcome and APPRECIATED here. And ONLY here! I have been part of various other forums and this is the ONLY place where shippers can go and have a SAFE place where they won't be attacked by antis or even each other (in the case of the S and J list). I've invited friends from other forums to come here BECAUSE of that WARMTH and AFFECTION!
              3. Right now you guys are the ONLY reason I'm even WATCHING. I have loved SG-1 for eight years but after Affinity I was ready to throw in the towel--you guys kept me going.

On a slightly different note, how can we reasonably ask for what we want from TPTB when we are ready to implode? The one thing that unites the antis and keeps them going is how much they hate the ship. If they agree on NOTHING else, they agree on that. Do we really want to forget about writing letters, postcards, etc. so we can fight amongst ourselves? I don't.
              We used to agree on our love of ship and I thought we had a nice rapport going. Seemed to be a fairly good balance of fluff/serious discussion. I guess I was wrong.

Okay, rant done I think! Whew!
              Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
              Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
              Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50
                But I do post pix that can slow things down for others...and if that is a problem, I'll stop.
                I am on dial up and have no problem with your pictures. On top of that I live in California and with our luck we probably have slower dial up than anyone else in the US
                Last edited by Kliggins; 16 September 2004, 10:40 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                  Hello, shippers! New Jack/Sam wallpaper for you all.

The text is from The Beatles' "I Will".

Mel
                  All I can say is nothing as I am speechless.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                    I LOVE THAT PICTURE!!!! of you Sally and I have seen it a gazillion times!!!!!

You just look so happy to be with AT and Don Davis

A true Star Gate Fan!!!!!!
                    Thanks!

Though my mom took the pic a wee bit too earlier -looks like I'm setting my claws into them in that pic - I was happy to meet them both. Don is a sweetie and I got to hug him. It cracks me up to look at the pic because it looks like my face is going to split in two from smiling so hard. I was meeting Amanda, I was dang happy with the privilege! *and Don too* Thanks, Tame, it's let me go down memory lane....

Sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

spoilers for s8's endgame

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                      spoilers for Endgame
                      Spoiler:

from the pictures it looks like Sam is captured or at least on the enemy ship so MAYBE just maybe Jack will say or do something to make Sam go HHmmmm and it will be a great lead in to the next half and we may get more TOUCHING

one can only hope

plus I did ask for a kiss on my birthday...I wonder if JM or RCC got that birthday request???
                      First off, are you asking JM and RCC to kiss you?

I want Jack to see Sam in that leather jacket! And why is she wearing that outfit on an earth-bound mission? I don't want to see Sam's ring! *hopepray* I also want to be surprised by some awesome plot that shows something secret about PS... * he's not real * But more than anything else, I'd just love to see at least a hint of ship. Man, this is going to be a looooong hiatis.

Sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TAME!!!

I've got a little surprise for you that has to be sent to you personally. I've sent you a private message explaining why. I'll wait for your reply, and then be ready for your gift!

*throws heart-shaped confetti*

Tame

Sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Ah, the shipper family is a good family to be in. No doubt about it, this is one of the best anywhere on the Internet for any topic of discussion!

As for RDA's involvement in Season 9 and S/J ramifications *if there is one* speculations and addressing Marimba's comparison to Alias.

Spoiler:
                          I'd be absolutely thrilled about a season 9 and absolutely thrilled if RDA would be in it. Marimba's right. Lauren on Alias was a MUCH bigger pain in the mitka than Pete will ever be on SG-1. JJ Abrams, the creator of Alias, commented about how off-track the third season went, and how Lauren had a pretty big role in driving the storylines off target. He said next season, he's going to get back to some things which made up the heart of the show, like rooting positively for Sydney/Vaughn. Maybe SG-1 will take a hint. After all, they seem to have been copying several things from Alias this year. Need I mention the concept of a Covenant, and furthermore, a secret rogue organization called the Trust? I mean, supposedly there's a Rambaldi Trust on Alias now, too. They might as well continue the trend and off Pete. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26

<snip>

But here's what worries me folks...

We have always been a big shipper family and I'm worried that when we hurt each other, we are destroying that. We have always been about boosting people up, NOT tearing them down. We are all antsy of late because of Affinity (just like we were antsy over Chimera) but the key difference here is that we are so worried about Pete that we seem to have forgotten why we're here.

My feelings too. Let's be gentle and understanding with one another.

(((((((((((((((((((shipper family))))))))))))))))))))))))

Sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAME!!!!

i believe someone is waiting for you
                              Carolyn

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAME

I believe someone is looking for you

sigpic

Comment