This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by JSDT
    I'm with you too! I'm still going to watch the show and try to remain positive, but I'm putting off buying anymore dvd's until I see how this all turns out.

I've also been thinking about all the shows I've watched in the past and how they always seem to throw a wrench into the main characters' relationships. Usually it turns out for the best, so I'm going to keep hoping and praying.
    Originally posted by TameFarrar
    Me too Tasha....but I want to make sure My VOICE is heard before they have written the end of the show. As long as I know I *said something* I know I tried. Then when I do or don't buy anything it is because I *DID* something first. ....... As long as I am being proactive and DOING something and not just sitting on the sidelines THEN I KNOW I TRIED to MAKE A DIFFERENCE FOR WHAT I BELIEVED WAS RIGHT. In this case, I know it is nothing more than TV show BUT It is a matter of FANS....spending money based on a *BELIEF* in a story line that TPTB created and are now disrupting with NO EXPLAINATION......

As I said earlier.. IF they do come around to Sam & Jack together in the end GREAT!!!!!! BUT it will be bitter sweet at this point UNLESS it is SOME DAMN GOOD WRITING!!
    Sending these back at ya! (((((((((((((Tame)))))))))))))) (((((((((((((Tasha))))))))))))

Me three! I totally agree with you, Tame! I have to do *something* because that is what causes the ranting to continue. We have seemingly no outlet for TPTB to hear our collective voice. We invite them to this thread, but will they come? Doubtful. A sense of hopelessness is destructive. But when your a Shipper on a mission....Watch out! We can change our Stargate world! Conquer the evils of a boyfriend storyline! Revolutionize the way Sam and Jack ship is displayed! I call on all Shippers to unite for the one, true cause in life.....True Love!!! Vote for me!! (What?! I got a little carried away )

*I think I have my happy place back*

Token ~

Comment

Sugarshaker we do I sign up for that episode.I have been saying for the longest time if Sam is going to have fun with Pete and disregard Jack's feeling Jack should have a Girlfriend.I'am tired of seeing Jack so passive and just so accepting of this shabby treatment.Jack has done everything possible to show Sam how he feels within the Regs and it is not working.Sam seeing Jack more on with another woman will finally drive home the point.

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
        ShipperMom I do agree. The problem is for me is that I'm not interested in Sam's love life; so she has a dilemna about home and family or career. So do many women - there's nothing new in that storyline. Have both, why don't you? We could have at least had a story where Pete thinks about whether he should give up his job to raise the kids... but h£ll no!

I was much happier when we had Sam and Jack with their UST and all the team together, then we could project to our heart's content, read the fanfic, have fun with it a bit.

Someone said it earlier, AT said she didn't want Sam's character to be defined by a man (or something similar). It sounds like most of her character development is about her being with a man, what about the challenges of command? Where did Sam the Astrophysicist go?
        I have to AGREE here.... Sam is NOW being defined BY Pete and how *HE* is this and that.... Her whole character discussion in the Lowdown was how Pete was this and that to Sam and every interview and every article... I would agree that the character is now definitely being defined by a man
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Token
          Sending these back at ya! (((((((((((((Tame)))))))))))))) (((((((((((((Tasha))))))))))))

Me three! I totally agree with you, Tame! I have to do *something* because that is what causes the ranting to continue. We have seemingly no outlet for TPTB to hear our collective voice. We invite them to this thread, but will they come? Doubtful. A sense of hopelessness is destructive. But when your a Shipper on a mission....Watch out! We can change our Stargate world! Conquer the evils of a boyfriend storyline! Revolutionize the way Sam and Jack ship is displayed! I call on all Shippers to unite for the one, true cause in life.....True Love!!! Vote for me!! (What?! I got a little carried away )

(((((((((((TOKEN)))))))))))))) Where do I VOTE!!!!!! What???
          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
            I agree sacme.I have not hearding enough positive Sam and Jack news from any of TPTB or Actors.They are too busy praising Pete.I cannot believe how far the Sam character has fallen since dating Pete.I though Sam folded up like a cheap suit when she first saw Fifth in New Order.I'am surprised Sam do not say it was Jack's fault about betraying Fifty and that fifth should tourture Jack.I also though Sam was too nice and could not make the tough Decisions and Unnatural selection and New Order hammered the points home.I keep hearing AT say Sam loves Jack but she has a funny way of showing it.I still believe Sam and Jack will end up together but it will never be the same after Pete.
            To her credit though, having someone turn your brain inside out is quite painful. Perhaps Jack would've broken completely if Beach Ba'al had means of actual mental torture at his disposal. Fifth essentially mind-raped her. But you're right. Sam should've still stood by Jack's decision. I think no matter how human a replicator seems to be, replicators are still robots at heart and cannot ignore their base programming, in this case to consume raw resources and replicate and Jack was right to imprison fifth along with the others.

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
              Point taken! Keldor wants to show TPTB what real "issues" are. He says he wants to give them an issue right up their butts! LOL! I guess a little ranting may be in order for the petition then, if that's what will make you feel better.
              LOL! The petition just gives people an outlet just like this forum. And I'm not talking about a nasty, hateful petition. But even if we created a petition that respectfully disagrees with TPTB, they will probably still label it as *hate* mail. However, we will never know if we can succeed unless we try.

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by sugarshaker
                Spoilers, Grace, Affinity

After all, Jack deserves to love someone and be loved in return just as much as Sam, and right now I like Jack better than I like Sam.
                I TOTALLY AGREE!!!!
                Sam's character's honor has been compromised, Jack's has not.
                While Sam is off "getting a life" with some idiot,who does not respect her,IMO Jack has been abadoned by the one person he thought he could really count on.

waterfall

Comment

Originally posted by Token

[size=3]Me three! I totally agree with you, Tame! I have to do *something* because that is what causes the ranting to continue. We have seemingly no outlet for TPTB to hear our collective voice. We invite them to this thread, but will they come? Doubtful. A sense of hopelessness is destructive. But when your a Shipper on a mission

Seriously... Token...you hit the nail on the head... It is the NOT doing anything that KEEPS the RANT going...so I am planning on writing this week and hopefully getting it out by the end of the week. I plan on being
                  positive yet Honest and to the point.

And I was doing SO good staying away from spoilers....see what happens when I break my own rules .....sheesh

Comment

Hi everyone
                    Not been able to get on Gateworld again for a few days, anyone else having trouble. I have three pages to go to catch up, but I have just read the DDL interview and now I am feeling very frustrated and annoyed. What are TPTB playing at, do they really think that bombarding us with you know who will bring us round and make us happy. It is almost as if they have a death wish as I have said before. I do not know if I want to watch anymore. Have you noticed that Affinity has been written by PDL. I am beginning to get a little suspicious about the reasons why he who shall not be named is being pushed down our throats. Is there some nepotism I hope not? I have always given them the benefit of the doubt before, as I like PDL and his directing. Well I had better get on with my reading
                    Where do I sign the petition?
                    Isis
                    Still trying to think positive
                    Jack and Sam Always
                    Isis
                    Jack and Sam forever

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                      Sugarshaker we do I sign up for that episode.I have been saying for the longest time if Sam is going to have fun with Pete and disregard Jack's feeling Jack should have a Girlfriend.I'am tired of seeing Jack so passive and just so accepting of this shabby treatment.Jack has done everything possible to show Sam how he feels within the Regs and it is not working.Sam seeing Jack more on with another woman will finally drive home the point.
                      Yeah. Maybe Jack can ask out the new Doc.

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
                        Yeah. Maybe Jack can ask out the new Doc.
                        Not if she is Military...because if the regs all of sudden don't apply to her...then I really will scream

Comment

Not if she is Military...because if the regs all of sudden don't apply to her...then I really will scream
                          True! I would say no one on base would be eligible for Jack! Hmmm....reminds me of a fanfic, and this one I remember the name.

A Night at the Opera by SelDear

You can find the link on the SG-1 Fan Awards 2004 Ship Fiction Nominations.

Token ~

Comment

True. They haven't said whether or not she's civilian. Maybe he should consider taking Freya up on her offer. If he can go out with the new Doc.....then sorry Daniel. I know you were hoping to move on from Fraiser, but Jack needs to shock Sam and the new doc, if she's a civilian, may be just the gal to help him do it.

Comment

hi all yes it is your ship nana. i told you i would swing from the trees and climb over the volcanoes to get to you and i have done it. just read the interview at least part with ddl and he mentioned marriage. seems like he wants to be a permanent member of sg1. i almost threwup and that would not be a nice thing to do in a foreign country.

hope marimba has good news for us. gotta run. it costs alot of money to be on the internet down here. will check back in a day or so.

love to my shipper family
                              Ship Nana

Comment

Yep. I do actually have issues. I have issues with normally respectable women like Sam going out with jugheads like who will never respect her for who she is. Any sane woman would throw a "guy," and I use that term loosely when applying it to , out to the curb.

Comment

Working...
                                X