This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
    Not trying to start another meltdown, but has anyone read the latest interview with DDL in GW? Aaaargh! He's going to shoot another episode in September!! And he wants to be in Atlantis, fine, go.
    PLEASE go to Atlantis! 'Cause we certainly don't want him here!

ARRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!! I'll Make him walk the plank right into the Pegusus Galaxy I will. The farther away from Sam he is, the better!

And with a little help from Thor....

O'Neill suggested to me that I send you to a galaxy far far away, but I believe his statement was in jest."

Oh no Thor, Jack was quite serious. And on your way can you pick up as well. Thanks a bunch! Your debt to Earth has been repaid!

Arrrrrrr.

Sarah

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
      Not trying to start another meltdown, but has anyone read the latest interview with DDL in GW? Aaaargh! He's going to shoot another episode in September!! And he wants to be in Atlantis, fine, go.
      I sooo did not want to hear that before going to bed.

Spoiler Space S8 speculation
      If DDL is coming back to shoot in September, then I'm afraid that Sam said "yes" to Pete's proposal. I'm sure that when we finally see "Affinity" and we recover from the trama of seeing Sam accept, we shippers will (again) hold out hope that she will dump him at the alter. ACK! I can see the series finale now....

Jack knocks on the bridal room.
      "Come in."
      "Hey, whatcha doin'?"
      "Uh, getting married. Is there something I can do for you, sir?"
      "Well, I was wondering if you would like to go fishing."
      "Now!"
      "Yeah, why not?"
      "Because I'm getting married!"
      "Well, there's that! But the fishing is great this time of year!"
      "What are you TALKING about!?"
      "You, me and fishing and fishing some more. Forever."
      "Forever?"
      "Yeah, forever."
      "Oh. When you put it like that, I would love to go, sir."
      Jack and Sam leave the chapel.
      "Can we stop by my place for a change of clothes?"
      "Why? I think fish love the color white."

~~Fade to black~~

Gray cookies...Yum!

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
        It would actually help, if I'd included my letter. Oops!

Well folks here you go! (my brain's fried!)

Dear SG1 Production/Writing Staff,

I am writing on behalf of a large number of fans and myself, with regards to the ongoing story arc between Brigadier General Jack O'Neill and Lieutenant Colonel Samantha Carter.

Before I began to regularly Stargate SG1, I was a regular viewer and fan of another science - fiction show - Star Trek Voyager. This show had a similar - but less prominent - story arc between two characters, namely Captain Kathryn Janeway and Commander Chakotay. While this may not seem relevant, I'd like to point out some similarities between the two storylines.

The writers of the show played with this storyline, and it seemed at times that the two characters would 'get together'. Fans ran similar plans and petitions, to those of SG1, but the writers decided not to resolve the story. This embittered many fans, and many 'Shippers' have now dubbed the show's finale 'Endshame'

The decision not to provide closure or a resolution to this storyline are - in part - responsible for many fans not showing interest in either the DVD releases or the spin-off - Enterprise.

I cite this example in order to make a valid point. The writers have to listen to the fans, in order to preserve the show's general well being. Don't make the same mistake as the people at Paramount did - You're all a lot more intelligent than that!

Up until a few months ago, I was only a casual viewer of Stargate SG1. Even then, the on-screen chemistry between O'Neill and Carter was prominent. I feel, that being reasonably new to watching the show, that I can look at the 'Jack/Sam' relationship with a clarity that many Shippers can't. I see the relationship as good thing, as ultimately it humanises the characters, and makes them more believable.

Before I myself became a Shipper, I looked around online in order to get a deeper insight into the workings of the show, and the general opinion of the fans. Not to my surprise, I found that the overwhelming majority of viewers wanted to see the Jack/Sam relationship move up a gear, i.e. to become romantic.

In recent months, it seems to me that the writing staff have been disregarding the fan's wishes in this matter, This has been personified by the arrival of the character Pete Shanahan, whose character is disliked, not only by Shippers, but by many non-biased viewers as well. It seems to me that the writing staff are side-stepping the entire Jack/Sam arc.

I apologise if this letter sounds like a rant, but I am getting frustrated with the whole Jack/Sam scenario. My fellow shippers and I would like to know if you'd like to review your stance on the story arc. If not, we would like some sort of statement telling us what will be happening, so that we can either know what's to come, or breathe a huge collective sigh of relief.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank you for giving us such a gripping and enthralling series to watch (this is certainly the first television programme I've written in to!). No matter what happens, I will be watching season eight (sorry, but I can't speak for many of my friends).

Yours faithfully

Susan Dailey (Scotland)
        Good letter! The Chakotay/Seven thing was a completely idiotic, tacked on ending. But these are the same people who ruined Troi/Riker, so we shouldn't have been surprised. I am surprised with Stargate's PTB for doing the same stuPit thing.

It's amazing how tampering with S/J ship has gotten so many viewers activated and energized to defend and protect what they didn't even know meant so much to them-- until it was threatened with being taken away. What a huge, honking mistake TPTB made. They woke a sleeping giant. Everything about this bf thing was done so badly and people are coming out of the woodwork to find others to vent with. This is just crazy. I almost feel sorry for them for being so clueless as to the firestorm they created. But then I'm so angry that they see fan anguish and totally disregard us. Worse-- they keep throwing something we hate in our face. I don't believe more than 5% of fans like this stuPit bull**** and yet they've made him so prominent. It's so f***ing irritating that we are being put through this. WTF is wrong with them!

damn, now I'm mad.

ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Originally posted by Token
          I sooo did not want to hear that before going to bed.

If DDL is coming back to shoot in September, then I'm afraid that Sam said "yes" to Pete's proposal. I'm sure that when we finally see "Affinity" and we recover from the trama of seeing Sam accept, we shippers will (again) hold out hope that she will dump him at the alter. ACK! I can see the series finale now....

"Come in."
          "Hey, whatcha doin'?"
          "Now!"
          "Yeah, why not?"
          "Forever?"
          "Yeah, forever."

~~Fade to black~~

Gray cookies...Yum!
          Ah, if only........

Must write some wedding based fanfic!

Possible spoilers for Season 8:

When Teal'c gets married (as I'm assuming that it will be him getting married to Ishta), my hopes are more along the lines of Sam and Jack accidentely getting caught up in the wedding, not exactly understanding how the whole Jaffa wedding ritual works. And we all know that Teal'c is a shipper, and Danny only wants to see Sam and Jack happy, so......

Introducing........

MR. AND MRS. O'NEILL!!!!!!!!!!!

Imagine they're surprise!

ARRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!This calls for a hearty swig of grog and the rosy? kind of cookies.

Let's have fun with that image, shall we.

Sam and Jack Forever!!!!!!!!

and

Pete Must Die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ar.

Happy Shipping!

Sarah
          Last edited by Jimlad The Pirate Maiden; 11 July 2004, 09:36 PM. Reason: Needed to add in more exclamation points. And you can NEVER have too many exclamation points, especially when discussing such a wondrous subject. *sigh*.

Comment

"Come in."
            "Hey, whatcha doin'?"
            "Now!"
            "Yeah, why not?"
            "Forever?"
            "Yeah, forever."

~~Fade to black~~
            Originally posted by Jimlad The Pirate Maiden
            Ah, if only........

<snip>
            Actually I was being EXTREMELY sarcastic. I would be pi$$ed off if they ended Stargate SG-1 with that tripe! After all the crap we have endured to have it end with a fishing invite! WTF!! No way!! Not good enough!!

Sorry for the rant. I know I put my green cookies somewhere. *looks around feverishly*

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Jimlad The Pirate Maiden
              [snip]
              I've been trying to convince her to join the thread, but she's just a lurker right now.

Can anyone give me any good words to encourage her.

Thanks, my Shippy-mates!

And a pirate-y salute!

Sarah
              what's her name? we'll keep harrass-- I mean calling for her to post until she does.

ship sistah

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
                <snip>
                It's amazing how tampering with S/J ship has gotten so many viewers activated and energized to defend and protect what they didn't even know meant so much to them-- until it was threatened with being taken away. What a huge, honking mistake TPTB made. They woke a sleeping giant. Everything about this bf thing was done so badly and people are coming out of the woodwork to find others to vent with. This is just crazy. I almost feel sorry for them for being so clueless as to the firestorm they created. But then I'm so angry that they see fan anguish and totally disregard us. Worse-- they keep throwing something we hate in our face. I don't believe more than 5% of fans like this stuPit bull**** and yet they've made him so prominent. It's so f***ing irritating that we are being put through this. WTF is wrong with them!

damn, now I'm mad.

ship sistah
                Ship sistah, I'm with you!! And if you don't mind I'm going to say it again with a little extra.
                But then I'm so angry that they see fan anguish and totally disregard us. Worse-- they keep throwing something we hate in our face. I don't believe more than 5% of fans like this stuPit bull**** and yet they've made him so prominent. It's so f***ing irritating that we are being put through this. WTF is wrong with them!
                I lost my happy place.

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                  Actually I was being EXTREMELY sarcastic. I would be pi$$ed off if they ended Stargate SG-1 with that tripe! After all the crap we have endured to have it end with a fishing invite! WTF!! No way!! Not good enough!!

Sorry for the rant. I know I put my green cookies somewhere. *looks around feverishly*
                  I honestly wouldn't want it to end with a shippy ending like that either; it is first and foremost a sci fi show afterall.

But if she dumps Pete to go out with Jack, then that's all that I want, even if it is just fishing. But with Sam and Jack, fishing could be ANYTHING.
                  wink wink, nudge nudge.

Really I want Sam and Jack's reltionship to be cemented at least 3 eps. from the end, and have the ending be the funny science fiction that hooked me on the show in the first place.

Here's to a ship-filled year with a none-shippy but sci fi-like ending!

*raises bucket of grog*

Sam and Jack Forever!!!!

and

Potatohead Must Die!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YARRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

Ar.

Sarah

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
                    what's her name? we'll keep harrass-- I mean calling for her to post until she does.

ship sistah
                    Nice save there.

Will have to ask her what name she'll be using on the forums after I've inevitably forced her into it.

She's on vacation right now though;; it will have to wait until she get's back.

Happy Shipping!

Sarah
                    Last edited by Jimlad The Pirate Maiden; 11 July 2004, 10:04 PM. Reason: Once again, I really just cannot spell.

Comment

Spoilers Season 8

Well I just got done reading the interview with DDL. I guess that means that Affinity isn't the last we'll see of Pete. I'm happy for DDL cuz he seems like a very nice person and a good actor so I'm glad that he get's to keep working. I just wish it wasn't as a character that I'm not particularly fond of. I just can't get myself to like the Pete story arc. Especially the way it seems to be heading. It's sounding more and more like the wedding in Sacrifices may in fact be Sam and Pete. I have to say that I'm losing my optimism as far as Sam/Jack goes. I feel sort of shallow saying this but I don't think that I'll be able to enjoy the show anymore if that happens. I enjoy many aspects of the show but I've become so invested in the Sam/Jack relationship that it just won't be the same if they decide to blow that off after 8 years. If they truly intended Sam to "move on" from Jack after Grace then they shouldn't have continued with the ship after Chimera.

And even if they do plan on getting Sam together with Jack in the end I don't think this Pete arc is necessary. I appreciate the fact that AT wants to show another side of Sam other than the scientist and air force major (now Lt. Colonel) but I think that was shown adequately in Chimera. if they do plan on getting Sam and Jack together then all Pete is is a plot device. And I don't think Stargate is the place for a love triangle. I'm coming down from my post premiere high. Sigh.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz
                        OK, Ok !!! I'll come out from under my rock and annouce my shippiness here at Gateworld.

Sam and Jack! Sam and Jack! Sam and Jack! Sam and Jack! Sam and Jack! Sam and Jack! I hope this works. Oh Hi everyone! I'm new posting here but have been around many moons.

Oh and Hi Marimba, would you please add my name to your letter to AT please? Thanks

Sg-1Poz

ship sistah

Comment

Must leave Shipper Family for few hours so I can sleep.
                          (Sleep, ha! Who needs that?)

So Happy Shipping to all, and to all a good night!

See you guys tomorrow!

Arrrr.

Sarah

Comment

Originally posted by Arizona94
                            Okay, okay! I've been a "lurker" for a while, so I am now "outing" myself! I too was shocked by the photos for Affinity and I thought to myself, "I wonder if there's a thread devoted to this?" I should have known there would be! It's taken me a while to get through all the postings.

I will be an optimist in all this and, has been mentioned by other posters, I think that this "other" relationship is just a temporary thing.

And if TPTB are getting any negative mail about this, it's their fault! They started it with all the flirting, innuendoes, AU stories, etc. They are obligated to resolve this Sam/Jack thing. As my dear departed grandmother used to say, "Defecate or get off the pot!" (actually she used more colorful language, but I think you get it!)

Signed,
                            an ex-lurker
                            LOL. ship monkey don't be shy, say hello to Arizona94

ship sistah

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
                              Welcome!! (ship sistah is currently regretting showing me how to insert those things...... ).
                              not at all! I love seeing the little shiplets grow! I'm so proud. Oh, I promised myself I wouldn't cry!

ship sistah

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50
                                Oy! The GW boards! Too much to read after 2 weeks away....2 new threads per topic (the Shippers & RDA/Jack Thunkers) = 4,000 posts? not sure if that's right, but then I am jetlagged...

Clearly I haven't read every single word that's been written here, so I'm probably repeating much of what's been said already:

OK, Lowdown was a big disappointment - too much Mr. P! Why address something ("STALKER PETE") that TPTB want to avoid? They didn't do a very good job of convincing anti-P's to like him (uh, DK: chemistry between Sam and Mr. P??? WHAT?) and they probably just confused the hell out of everyone else.

Not enough SG-1. Not enough RDA, although I liked his comment about P not being a threat...

Have to say that Atlantis looks sort of interesting, though.

Re New Order 1&2:

SPOILER SPACE
                                - started out with nice, subtle ship - that Sam would risk her life to save Jack
                                - liked Teal'c's evil zinging of Sam with his question: "How's PS?" (yay! what a shipper!)

and was happy to see Sam's lukewarm response...

- found the Goa'ulds part rather boring
                                - thought that Jessica Steen was better than TH as Dr. Weir
                                - Montana scene: it clearly showed that Sam doesn't want THAT as her future; also it was good to see P used as an instrument of torture; hopefully Sam's nightmares of her time with Fifth will be filled with images of P....
                                - Jack's thawing was rather anticlimactic; although the scene was funny the reunion overall with T and DJ was dull
                                - liked Sam's smile for Jack (and his hand on her leg) but expected a hug at least! after that look and touch at the end of Lost City2....
                                - loved Teal'c's shippy look at Sam and Jack
                                - once Jack was back, the show really came alive - just goes to show how important RDA's energy is to SG1 (despite the claims by the others that they can carry the show)
                                - the Team discussion of the pros and cons of Jack's promotion was very nice
                                - promotion ceremony - would rather have seen a more public extolling of Jack's heroism/role in saving the world and not just a private conversation between him and Weir; thought that in a way, Sam's promotion overshadowed Jack's
                                - loved the looks and closeness between Jack and Sam during the ceremony; can only hope that there's more to come...
                                absolutely missed your posts mala-- so glad you're back! The images you post are always the best and I agree with everything you said.

ship sistah

Comment

Working...
                                X