X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mala50
    [left]
    I'm certain that AT coined the "piney Jack's girl" phrase way back...I think she didn't want Sam's character to be defined by that relationship -- and rightly so.

Re fishing and future invites, I really don't see Jack asking her again. I think he's gotten the message by now that she won't go - that accepting would be inappropriate - and of course she knows what would happen...

So when people envision S8 ending with a fishing invitation, I don't really see it happening. I think moving the relationship forward will have to come from Sam.

So in the end I'd like to see a deja vu scene a la 2010... Say Jack's finally retired... I think that he'll go off by himself to his cabin (not knowing what Sam really wants - with everything that's gone on between them, Mr. P, etc). And then Sam comes to visit wearing that same outfit (long white coat - she looked good in that! and Jack is all scruffy).... She timidly knocks on the door, goes around back and they see each other...and the sparks fly (no! not the angsty anger we saw in 2010)...

Actually, I think that a fishing invite would be rather cliche, but THAT'S the fishing scene I can see happen.

Just wanted to add:

...Sam starts to talk "ah Sir, we need to talk" but before she can say another word, Jack grabs her and plants a big wet one on her. As we all know, Jack is a man of action and few, if any words.

Sam looks speechless, which we all know is extremely rare. She starts to say something but stops and instead grabs Jack and kisses him again.

They kiss their way into Jack's cabin where he offers her some Yellow Shipper Cookies and then nature takes it's course the way it was scripted by the Shippers.
    Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
      Just wanted to add:

...Sam starts to talk "ah Sir, we need to talk" but before she can say another word, Jack grabs her and plants a big wet one on her. As we all know, Jack is a man of action and few, if any words.

Sam looks speechless, which we all know is extremely rare. She starts to say something but stops and instead grabs Jack and kisses him again.

They kiss their way into Jack's cabin where he offers her some Yellow Shipper Cookies and then nature takes it's course the way it was scripted by the Shippers.
      YIPPEE! YAHOO!

P.S. Start baking now, because I think that they will be eating lots and lots of those yellow shipper cookies!

More P.S. I thought they fixed this site? I'm still having trouble getting on. No error message today, but it is taking forever for the site to load.

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
        Whatever Tame Says... is stupid
        Whatever Tame Says... is wrong
        Whatever Tame Says... is bad
        Whatever Tame Says... is crazy
        Okay I can keep repeating it over and over.

LOL. I'm sorry Tame, but I did. You two are just too funny.
        sigpic

Comment

Whatever Tame Says... is stupid
          Whatever Tame Says... is wrong
          Whatever Tame Says... is bad
          Whatever Tame Says... is crazy
          Now I MUST be childish
          Whatever BCM Says... is stupid
          Whatever BCM Says... is wrong
          Whatever BCM Says... is bad
          Whatever BCM Says... is crazy
          And I will feel avenged!!!!!!
          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

So when people envision S8 ending with a fishing invitation, I don't really see it happening. I think moving the relationship forward will have to come from Sam.

So in the end I'd like to see a deja vu scene a la 2010... Say Jack's finally retired... I think that he'll go off by himself to his cabin (not knowing what Sam really wants - with everything that's gone on between them, Mr. P, etc). And then Sam comes to visit wearing that same outfit (long white coat - she looked good in that! and Jack is all scruffy).... She timidly knocks on the door, goes around back and they see each other...and the sparks fly (no! not the angsty anger we saw in 2010)...

(Sorry, I was trying to quote the above paragraph but it didn't quite work right for some reason)

I thought the same thing. That they would get together at the very end with her coming to the cabin on her own. I think that would be a very appropriate ending, although I personally would want it to keep going (and going, and going...).

Only 18 more days to go!!! (Um....not that I'm counting or anything....)

Comment

just thinking about the remarks on the OJ commercial (haven't seen it because i don't live on your continent )
              why didn't they just rip off the season 3 episode legacy (i think) where daniel goes nuts and sees a wormhole in his closet with dead aliens coming out of it to try to drag him into it? that might have been better than him taking some orange juice out of the wormhole. unless it was evil orange juice, that tried to drag him into the wormhole.

plus that would have the symbolism of people getting dragged into the gate.
              but i'm stupid so what do i know. (rhetorical )

Comment

Okay guys I just made something for another thread but I thought you guys would get a kick out of it...

so here it is (small as it is):
                <laughs, chokes on shipper cookies> thats great Ship Daddy!

Hi to all the new shippers!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs> Screw the regs! DOWN with Pit! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                ~Imzadi
                describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
                Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                  I'm sorry but I was really hoping that it wouldn't be Jack himself who promotes Sam. I just don't want to have to hear about the inevitable "favoritism" posts that are bound to pop up. It's not as if she's not an excellent officer with tons of field experience or anything. She couldn't possibly deserve the promotion. Gawd, I can see it now.
                  I had a different take on the whole promotion thing. I know people will complain about it, but I'm GLAD Jack did it. It shows how much he respects her as an officer. I thought she deserved a promotion long before this with all the action she's seen and command duties she's had while Jack's been incapacitated at times. It looks to me like Jack is the only one that respects her enough to give her what she deserves.

Comment

Originally posted by zabbugh
                    What episode was it that he asked her to go fishing and her reply was something to the effect of "Sir, you always ask me when you know I have work to do?" Would that be her letting him know that she wants to say yes?

Then again, what angle is Jack playing if indeed this is true?

Just curious.

Chris
                    my long standing opinion is that he asks her, even though he knows she won't- can't- accept...but its his way of telling her his feelings haven't changed. And she doesn't say a direct 'no'...just "i can't because..." the stupid stupid regs....

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                    ~Imzadi

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                      these are things i read over a year ago. when season seven arrived it then turned into open season on sam. but i don't remember it being anywhere near as wide spread as the attacks on sam have been.

i hate that sam gets bashed for being perfect and when they intorduce more humanity and imperfections into her character, she gets bashed for being weak. jack kisses sam (or a version of her) twice, its not shippy at all, he's just having fun. sam imagines that she imagines that she kisses him once and she's the worst in the world.

i think that (with the exception of chimera, which doesn't count because i don't want it to ) sam has been one of the best written female characters on television, especially in the sci fi genre. she's written as a person, not just as a woman. i have always found her character (and her actress) to be one of the best role models on television, and not neccessarily just for females.
                      <applause!!!>

and Ship Daddy, that was a good, but disturbing fic (mini Jack one)
                      and a belated Happy Fathers Day!

~Imzadi

Comment

Originally posted by col aga
                        I'm sooooooo agreeing with you on this
                        I've never thought about inviting Janet before, but come to think about it, you are right. It would be fun!! I just don't know if I'd prefer Sam finding out from Cassie (hey, I like this girl in case you didn't notice and I firmly believe that she sees Jack as father-figure and wants him to be happy, so she would help to push Sam a little (towards Jack of course), don't ya think? anyway, back on track) or for example hear Janet thanking Jack for invitation and lovely,unforgettable weekend...
                        As for ruining fishing invitation-if it was coming from Sam...I wouldn't mind.
                        I too think that Jack should have someone, exactly because of reasons stated above.It's just not fair to his character to leave him lonely.I know that most of you don't want him with another woman but,FCOL, if Sam is still with pete after Lost City, I don't know what can convince her that Jack is for her.If she can have fun, so can he.And he should, since he hasn't been with another woman for 4 years, since cofession, trying to be faithful to Sam and she apparently doesn't give a d*** and still expects him to sit and wait until she makes up her mind! He's been patient, and I admire him for that, but enough is enough. Sam should realise that she can loose him, despite what her subconsciosness tells her.
                        uff, I'm done.Sorry for the rant. And, in case you were wondering, yes I LIKE SAM too, i just don't like the way her character has been written since Chimera.
                        And speaking of jack and other women, can somebody tell me why Laira is so hated? I don't want to be impolite, I'm just curious. I'm a shipper and i like her.I think she is simple, warm,honest and strong woman probably a little similar to Sara. What do you think?
                        sorry for the long post (the longest in my life) and thanks to everyone who actually read this..
                        I never disliked Laira either. Jack obviously didn't care for her enough to stay but I can't blame her for trying! This whole issue has made Jack a more sympathetic character than Sam of late--I feel so sorry for him. Even though he tries to act like it doesn't bother him you can tell it does. I've heard it said that Sam dating someone else is supposed to be good for her, as she's only had failed relationships before this. What about Jack? He was divorced and I'm sure he doesn't consider himself any more relationship savvy than she is! I don't think we need a girlfriend for him though--the whole love triangle is a bit too much (and cliche) already.

Comment

I just saw the preview for the July 5 LowDown!!!
                          It looks fantastic!!!
                          Spoilers for S8
                          Pictures of Teal'c and Sam's new hairdos. RDA doing a interview in Jack's new office (I think). Behind the scenes stuff. There was more Atlantis stuff than Stargate, but who cares!!!
                          NOW, I'm ready for the new season!

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                            Just wanted to add:

I love it! But, do they really *need* those yeller cookies now, seeing as they're doing just fine without them?<g> *sigh* I love these two together. *sigh

Sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

my dislike of laira has very little, if anything, to do with my shipper status. i think i might be the actress, or how she played the character. just little things. i just found her annoying. and cloying. and clingy. and i didn't like how jack treated his friends at the end, which sometimes i like to blame on her too. i have issues, ok?

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                                Now I MUST be childish
                                Whatever BCM Says... is stupid
                                Whatever BCM Says... is wrong
                                Whatever BCM Says... is bad
                                Whatever BCM Says... is crazy
                                And I will feel avenged!!!!!!

You're not childish, Tame, just being truthful. It's important for the other shippers to see that we're trying to set an example by being honest. Sam and Jack love each other = truth. ShipDaddy's one fry short of a happy meal = truth. See? *nods*

Sally, faithfully giving her fellow shippers the truth, and nothing but the truth.
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X