This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marimba26
    Been thinking about Laira a lot lately (in light of the return of our nemesis) and I can't say she's that bad. You're right--she *did* consider it but right won out in the end and she told him.

Can't really say that about many of the other obstacles to the ship--

Kynthia--she drugs him and sleeps with him thus nearly killing him.
    Jonas--maniacal ego-maniac who wants to kill them all, need I say more
    Martouf--could care less about Sam so long as she can play Jolinar for him (at least that's the way I see it)
    Joe--sold out the planet for some technology (though he improved a bit in 2001, maybe Ptui will meet the same fate)
    Orlin--stalker number 1 who runs up Sam's credit cards and gets her a nice psych eval
    Ptui--stalker number 2 who...well, we've beat that horse to death haven't we?

Laira looks like a real prize compared to some of these folks! Just a thought...
    Hate to quote myself but I just realized I forgot a creep! NARIM--how could I EVER forget a creepy guy like him! Okay, so here's an addition to the list (think he goes between Jonas and Martouf)--

Narim--stalker in training who gave Sam that emotion chip (for lack of a better way to put it) and synthesized her voice for his house. Um, hello--can we say weirdo?

Is it just me or do these obstacles steadily go downhill?
    Last edited by marimba26; 22 June 2004, 01:13 PM. Reason: .
    Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
    Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
    Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

I agree that it is going downhill. But no matter how bad they were I personally didnt like Laira. I didnt like the character before I became a s/j fan. I dont know what it is about the character but when she was on screen I just get this -You must dissapear*-look. Man I hope they dont revisit that storyline. S&J all the way!

*a nicer word than what I was actually thinking!

*DROOL*

McKAY: If you're referring to the ship you just shot down, the one that doesn't stand a hope in hell of ever flying again ...

TORRELL: The ship that you're gonna fix, yes.

McKAY: What am I, MacGyver? Fix it with what?

http://www.sgtsiler.com/Nikkirose.html
      MINE.. ALL MINE!! Mwhahahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by Nikkirose
        I agree that it is going downhill. But no matter how bad they were I personally didnt like Laira. I didnt like the character before I became a s/j fan. I dont know what it is about the character but when she was on screen I just get this -You must dissapear*-look. Man I hope they dont revisit that storyline. S&J all the way!

*a nicer word than what I was actually thinking!
        well a few times TPTB said they WOULD NOT revisit that story line... but unfortunately my trust is beginning to wear thin with this group of PTB...so I guess we wait and see.

However...I really am excited about the New Season... We are less than two weeks away .... and we are all still so depressed!! PEOPLE a New Season is starting !!!!!!

Token you keep finding all those cool Smilies...Marimba you too..... I think we need some jazzy new stuff to get our spirits back up!!
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
          Token you keep finding all those cool Smilies...Marimba you too..... I think we need some jazzy new stuff to get our spirits back up!!
          I agree we could all use some good cheering up every now and then. I am totally excitied about the new season. I walk around work going JULY is taking tooooo long to get here!

*DROOL*

McKAY: If you're referring to the ship you just shot down, the one that doesn't stand a hope in hell of ever flying again ...

Comment

Had a hopeful thought about the ship--

My husband once read a quote to me concerning former LA Gov Edwin Edwards (who is now in prison after being unsuccessfully indicted over 20 times)--

"If you wait by the river long enough, you'll watch the bodies of your enemies float by. The FBI finally waited long enough."

Kind of reminded me of shippers--we've been waiting by the river for a long time and one by one, the bf's and gf's have gone by. So it's only a matter of time for Ptui! Metaphorically speaking of course...

Kind of morbid, I know. Just thought it applied to the patience of shippers!

Comment

I think Jack learned his lesson the first time around on Endora...Sam will NOT leave him behind.....
              exactly what I thought Tame.

oh, and I like your new pic Aunt Sally

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
              ~Imzadi
              describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
              Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Had a hopeful thought about the ship--

My husband once read a quote to me concerning former LA Gov Edwin Edwards (who is now in prison after being unsuccessfully indicted over 20 times)--

"If you wait by the river long enough, you'll watch the bodies of your enemies float by. The FBI finally waited long enough."

Kind of reminded me of shippers--we've been waiting by the river for a long time and one by one, the bf's and gf's have gone by. So it's only a matter of time for Ptui! Metaphorically speaking of course...

Kind of morbid, I know. Just thought it applied to the patience of shippers!
                Marimba... I ask for CHEER... and smilies......

(yes we are friends so I can be snarky - she will make me pay for this later)

we now have the FBI and dead bodies.... could THIS be WHY the Shippers are having a BIT of a PROBLEM getting UPBEAT
                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Marimba... I ask for CHEER... and smilies......

(yes we are friends so I can be snarky - she will make me pay for this later)

we now have the FBI and dead bodies.... could THIS be WHY the Shippers are having a BIT of a PROBLEM getting UPBEAT
                  LOL--I have trouble doing cheer when I'm feeling snarky! Still working out all my ship angst "issues"!

k here's some cheer--

shutting up now--

*not a word out of you Tamefarrar, not ONE word*

((((((((((((((((((((shipperfamily)))))))))))))))))))))))))

There, better?

Comment

yeah, that is what i would be referring too-glad it is just silliness. and i know, we all have entirely too much time on our hands waiting-some of us with baited breaths, some of us holding our breaths, for the beginning of season 8
                    Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

we shippers-do not have "issues" RCC-he has "issues"
                      Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

oh lets not start that again... lol we'll all just go back to being sad and angry at TPTB

*DROOL*

Comment

<snip> PEOPLE a New Season is starting !!!!!!

This is for you, Tame.

We are so ready for the new Season!!
                          Sam and Jack Forever!
                          aaaaaaaaaa
                          aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
                          aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
                          I wanted to post this for the gutter gals in the Thunk thread, but it is multi-functional!
                          aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
                          aaaaaaaaaaaa
                          aaaaaaaaaaa
                          P.S. Hate to post and run, but I gotta. I'll check back later.

Token ~

Comment

LOVED the fics Aunt Sally! Thanks for sharing!

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                            ~Imzadi
                            describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
                            Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Marimba26 do not forget felger.I pray we do not see him again in Season 8.We should not be surprised to see Sam with someone like Pete after the names on the list.Laira never bothered me at all.I really enjoyed 100Days.I still cannot believe TPTB never did a follow up to 100days with RDA wanting to do a follow up.It would have made an interesting episode.I do not want Jack to end up with Laira but the follow up could have had plenty of action suspense and angst.I would love to see Jack show or let Sam know she hurt him by going out with Pete.If is not easy to watch Jack be so supportive and we do not get an apology from Pete or we do not get Sam calling Pete on his behavior.

Comment

ROFL!!! Don't worry, I won't make you!! But when you compare, she comes out smelling like a rose compared to all the other garbage...

Yea, but "Garbage" by any other name is still "Garbage" even if it is at the top of the garbage heap.
                                Ship Nana

Comment

Working...
                                X