• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mala50
    Oh, I think that these T's are nice!
    (ok, I'm still bored... )

LMAO!!!!!!!!
    Sheesh Mala - you are HILARIOUS! (and absurdly talented too. )

Comment

must....have...shipper....shirts

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
        i can be deep. it just takes a lot of chocolate. i think she thinks jack doesn't need taking care off, so doesn't need her. she's wrong. jack may not need taking care of, but he certainly needs her..as she is, not as some mother figure or fantasy figure.

I totally agree with your assessment of Sam and !

However, I would respectfully disagree with you about how Sam feels about Jack. I don't think that she feels that Jack doesn't need taking care of at all. I believe that she is having trouble approaching him because of numerous factors which include that he is her superior officier, the no frat regs, that she's not 100% sure how he feels, that she may not see a way for them to be together, etc.
        Ship Nana

Comment

A theory for what happens with Sam, Pete, and Jack:

Spoiler:
          After accepting the proposal, Sam starts getting depressed, doesn't have the heart to tell Pete that she actually doesn't wanna get married, starts eating a bunch of chocolate (thus covering up AT's pregnancy), Pete tells her to lose weight or something, she dumps him, and goes off to Jack.

The end.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
          Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

that's nice,actually.

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
              Both you and Michelle make some very excellent points!!

I think it is a combination of both..Pete is trying to recapture something AND he is amazed that Sam said said yes so he is trying to get her locked in before she sees that it may be the wrong move.

But I agree that eventually even pete will see that things just won't work and hopefully he will be man enough to step aside...he was NEVER the first choice..and he is a poor substitute..... at least for Jack

if they are trying to make this character look better after the *Episode I will not name* then they need to show him realizing that he is pushing Sam into something she doesn't want. Just like they need to show Sam realizing that she is trying to have a life but there is no *spark* without Jack.

How could have not noticed that Sam took 2 weeks to answer his proposal. Don't you think that would have been a not so subtle hint that she was having doubts?! Is this potatoe totally blind? I thought potatoes had lots and lots of eyes!
              Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by melpomene
                that's nice,actually.
                Really? Hmm...

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                  How could have not noticed that Sam took 2 weeks to answer his proposal. Don't you think that would have been a not so subtle hint that she was having doubts?! Is this potatoe totally blind? I thought potatoes had lots and lots of eyes!
                  OK, I've decided that these little statues should be awarded to those who make 'bad' and/or creative potato/spud posts!!

So, Ship Nana, for your latest, you get one too!

THE GOLDEN SPUD

sigpic

Comment

LOL, Ship Nana! It constantly amazes me how many potato inferences shippers can create.

Speaking of which...Shimmering Star-Loved your sci-fi potato epics.
                    Tasha
                    JSDT's Sam and Jack Support Site

Thank you, Nikkirose!

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                      The hero is rarely solely responsible for the success of the quest. In LotR, Frodo is the hero of the book. He carries the Ring — with the exception of a brief interval — throughout the entire quest, because that's his responsibility. Sam's responsibility is to make sure he stays alive through the quest. And really, the ring never would have been destroyed if it hadn't been for Gollum, right? Doesn't make him the hero.

In a traditional hero's journey-style of storytelling, the side characters usually aren't there to aid in the actual quest. They're there to aid the hero in his quest. Ron and Hermione can't kill Voldemort, because that's the job of the hero. No one but Frodo could have carried the ring to the Crack of Doom. No one but Luke could have destroyed the Death Star.

Of course, I don't think they're going to style the series after the Campbellian hero's journey, but interestingly, part of the end of the quest is completing a final challenge once the hero has arrived home again, so — maybe that final challenge for Jack is asking Sam to marry him.

Anyway, just some food for thought on the traditional role of the hero in mythology and literature.

Mel
                      Wow!! That is a mouth full and you spelled all those long complicated names correctly. I'm impressed, "my precious". Hehehehehe
                      Ship Nana

Comment

Okay Tame… you & some others asked for it…. (http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=4155)
                        Following last night's TaterThoughts to their logical end….

More reasons is just not sci-fi material:

RoboSpud
                        The Blair PotatoChip Project
                        Spudaroo Banzai
                        Spud Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Potato
                        Spud Wars: Episode II – Attack of the French Fries
                        Spud Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the HashBrowns
                        Spud Wars: Episode IV – A New Spud?
                        Spud Wars: Episode V - The Grease Strikes Back
                        Spud Wars: Episode VI – Return of the Spud
                        I, Spud
                        Raiders of the Lost FrenchFries
                        Hitchhiker’s Guide to the World of Spud
                        Spud the Barbarian
                        H.G. Wells’ The War of the PotatoWedges
                        Lost in Spuds
                        The TaterTrix
                        The TaterTrix: Reconstituted
                        The TaterTrix: FriedResolutions
                        Planet of the TaterTots
                        Sky Spud and the World of Potatoes
                        Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                        My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

No joke. And her excuse for putting him off was pretty lame too.
                          Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                            Okay Tame… you & some others asked for it…. (http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=4155)
                            Following last night's TaterThoughts to their logical end….

More reasons is just not sci-fi material:

RoboSpud
                            The Blair PotatoChip Project
                            Spudaroo Banzai
                            Spud Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Potato
                            Spud Wars: Episode II – Attack of the French Fries
                            Spud Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the HashBrowns
                            Spud Wars: Episode IV – A New Spud?
                            Spud Wars: Episode V - The Grease Strikes Back
                            Spud Wars: Episode VI – Return of the Spud
                            I, Spud
                            Raiders of the Lost FrenchFries
                            Hitchhiker’s Guide to the World of Spud
                            Spud the Barbarian
                            H.G. Wells’ The War of the PotatoWedges
                            Lost in Spuds
                            The TaterTrix
                            The TaterTrix: Reconstituted
                            The TaterTrix: FriedResolutions
                            Planet of the TaterTots
                            Sky Spud and the World of Potatoes
                            I just recovered from your first list and you go and do it again. GASP! Laughing too hard to breathe!
                            Tasha
                            JSDT's Sam and Jack Support Site

Thank you, Nikkirose!

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50
                              OK, I've decided that these little statues should be awarded to those who make 'bad' and/or creative potato/spud posts!!

So, Ship Nana, for your latest, you get one too!

THE GOLDEN SPUD

I am honored! *looks for something to hide the Golden Spud statue behind*
                              Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by CoffeeGirl
                                Because Daniel is a nice guy and deserves better.
                                what she said.
                                ~Athena

Comment

Working...
                                X