This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by michelleb
    do you think jack knows? him being commander of the base and all that, he has access to the files and records..wonder what he'd do?
    I don't know. Do you tell the woman you love her bf did a background check or do you set on the info hoping she will make the right decision on her own? Kind of damn if you do, damn if you don't. I would hope he would tell her.
    Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Hi chums. Here's my shippy pic of the day...

sigpic

Comment

That's a very nice picture. I really like Sam's hair in that one lol. And the way she's looking at Jack. What episode is that from? Revisions?

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
        Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50
          Hey, why apologize for your craziness? Welcome to the club! Quite nice for a first attempt.

I have no excuses for what I do - I haven't eaten any shipper cookies and it's too late for coffee (well, I'm just bored!)

Here's my stupid pic of Shipper Teal'c and Swimmy in A$$INITY!

Mala that is just toooooo funny. No wonder you are Shipper Town's National Treasure!!!!
          Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50
            Hey, why apologize for your craziness? Welcome to the club! Quite nice for a first attempt.

I have no excuses for what I do - I haven't eaten any shipper cookies and it's too late for coffee (well, I'm just bored!)

Here's my stupid pic of Shipper Teal'c and Swimmy in A$$INITY!

ROFLMAO!!!!! Mala, you've done it again!!!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz

Sam is thinking ..." I can just lean in and....kiss him...right...there..."

Thanks Bev... that is a wonderful picture
              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
                see, i wrote a huge long essay and you capture it in one line. i am waay too verbose for my own good. we should get t-shirts with this on (the shark/spark thing not the stuff about me being verbose)
                Oh, I think that these T's are nice!
                (ok, I'm still bored... )

sigpic

Comment

MALA!!!!! That is so GREAT!!! .....I would wear that T-Shirt
                  Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by CoffeeGirl
                    This is really off topic, but Lord of the Rings is my favorite subject right after Stargate, so... I never saw Frodo as the true hero. He is the main character, but for me, it was Sam who saved Middle Earth. Without him, the ring would have never been destroyed. And boy does he get the girl in the end - and 13 kids too!

Back to Stargate now, sorry for being OT, I just had to mention this.
                    The hero is rarely solely responsible for the success of the quest. In LotR, Frodo is the hero of the book. He carries the Ring — with the exception of a brief interval — throughout the entire quest, because that's his responsibility. Sam's responsibility is to make sure he stays alive through the quest. And really, the ring never would have been destroyed if it hadn't been for Gollum, right? Doesn't make him the hero.

In a traditional hero's journey-style of storytelling, the side characters usually aren't there to aid in the actual quest. They're there to aid the hero in his quest. Ron and Hermione can't kill Voldemort, because that's the job of the hero. No one but Frodo could have carried the ring to the Crack of Doom. No one but Luke could have destroyed the Death Star.

Of course, I don't think they're going to style the series after the Campbellian hero's journey, but interestingly, part of the end of the quest is completing a final challenge once the hero has arrived home again, so — maybe that final challenge for Jack is asking Sam to marry him.

Anyway, just some food for thought on the traditional role of the hero in mythology and literature.

Mel
                    Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                    Last update: 14 April 2006
                    Melyanna's Multimedia
                    Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz

How appropriate since Revisions is on here tonight. You must be psychic Bev
                      sigpic

Comment

i used to think perfection had many definitions.then i saw rick.......

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                          I agree, I don't think he is secure in the relationship. The only reason he even got a date with her is because he knew her brother. What do we really know about his relationship with his wife? Maybe she left him for other reasons than what he stated.
                          Spoiler:
                          I think buying the house without her approval is just another way to secure his relationship with her.

Yeah, like stalking her!
                          Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak
                            If you'll recall, Kawalsly and Ferretti were O'Neill's best buds from his USAF Black Ops days.
                            Might have been, but since we've not heard anything about Ferretti since Season 3, I think it's safe to say he's not around anymore. Jack's obviously very, very close to Teal'c and Daniel. They'd be doing the honors as groomsmen.

By the way, it's unoficially official that General Hammond's granddaughters are called Tessa and Kayla. They're named after Brad Wright's kids.
                            Hammond's granddaughters were named in "Crystal Skull", so that would be canon.

Personally, I see Teal'c and Daniel as groomsmen, and Cassandra and Sam's sister-in-law as bridesmaids. Hammond officiates, and all is happy.
                            Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                            Last update: 14 April 2006
                            Melyanna's Multimedia
                            Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
                              How appropriate since Revisions is on here tonight. You must be psychic Bev
                              LOL! Well, I CAN see the future, and our ship will come in....

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                                that's a good way to look at it. i also think that sam went into this relationship with a 'i'm gonna have a boyfriend if it kills me' mentality. remember how focused she gets on stuff? I think she came out of grace with the ideal that she was going to get a life and was going to do everythign she coudl TO get a life.

hence she accepted her brother's offer of a blind date, after likley turning him down a dozen times before. and she's forcing herself to keep giving pete the benefit of the doubt, keep turning a blind eye, keep making excuses.

pete is on the rebound and trying to recapture his lost marriage and he's found this gorgous woman and he wants to be married again and 'fix' his life.

the question is how long will sam tag along? is she really tagging along? will it work out or will they grow apart and realize that they're jsut not a good match.

sam has a rather forceful personality, and i think she needs a man who also has a forceful personality or she's gonna end up dominating him, he'll resent it and it wont' last

Then again it could be the blow to Sam's head that's making her delusional and is just a figment of her active imagination. Afterall,
                                Spoiler:
                                she did imagine, Teal'c, Daniel and Jack in "Grace",
                                so why not imagine up as well. I wish, I wish!
                                Ship Nana

Comment

Working...
                                X