This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by michelleb
    well, as he chucks hathor over, he pauses for a second, then, if you turn the sound up really really high, and this works best on a dvd, he says 'my love..carter'

ok?

i love hidden ship. RDA sneaks little things in all the time.
    I gotta get me that DVD! Love it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky
      Could you add me, too, please? I've watched every episode and I check in here every day, but y'all just post too fast for me to participate in the conversation. By the time I think of a response y'all have moved on to three other topics.

Please? We also suffer who only lurk and wait.

Bucky
      *Sigh*Yeah, Bucky, I agree.This is my favorite place to lurk, however. I wish I were clever enough (and a faster typist as well ) to keep up with the pace, but I really enjoy the humor and talent of these folks. There's also that happy sense of validation that comes with being surrounded by your fellow shipmates So, ShipNana, if you would add this poor, suffering fool to your list of medal recipients, I'd be forever grateful.
      Ali

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
        This is the love I get from my family.......I have Shipped with you...Slaved for you and Defended you against the evils that want to take Ship from you.........

It is not enough that my heart is RIPPED from my chest watching Jack watch the woman he loves date a Spud Boy... .....But now you want to take the last remaining joy from my meager existence.... ....dredge my poor heart through broken glass (Di's discards) and take my little teeny tiny moments with Jack away too..... ............
        my heart

see how it beats with (((((((((love)))))))))) for my Family

And this is what they do............whoa is me

was that laying on to thick????
        ((((((((((((((Tame))))))))))))))))))))

I told them they were being mean! I can't believe Shimmering Star would be mean to you! I told her she was being bad!

Mei Mei is sucking up because Tame is betaing new fic! Musn't mess with Beta, especially one with shedder....

But they wouldn't listen to me! We still love you even if Star and Di are being bad!

Comment

Originally posted by auralan
          Season 7 (Chimera) & 8 (Sam/Pete)spoilers:
          Spoiler:

Exactly, she needs to know it's not just her imagination, it does get better than lukewarm. I still can't quite wrap my brain around why she said yes. She wasn't happy when he asked. The whole point of getting a life was to move past content into being happy. This isn't what happy looks like in my world.
          Spoiler:
          I think it's going to be reality hitting her. She started all this by looking for happiness because she'd settled for only half a life with her career as the focus. Now she supposedly has it all and something's still not feeling right. The closer she gets to making it permanent, the bigger those doubts will get. And Pete's not helping matters much by tossing big things like a house in her face. I'm not sure we'll see a huge build-up. I think it'll more be the same old doubts coming back to the forefront. She's going to realize she's gotten a life, but she's still settling for something less than happy.
          I agree... TPTB rarely, if ever, give us the backstory, leaving us to invent what may have been bubbling & building up, so we likely won't see
          Spoiler:

the buildup or specific doubts she will have been having during this time... especially if they're still trying to write as a nice guy. Likely TPTB'll lay the blame for the breakup at Sam's feet... either that she had "issues" & couldn't make the ship work (worst case scenario-weak Sam) or that she stopped the ship before she hurt too much (better case-more nobler reason), feeling it would be unfair to him (&her) to inflict on him the realities of the life she wants to continue to lead.

The whole point of getting a life was to move past content into being happy.
          Boy, for a well-written/filmed Sam convo re: what she's dealing w/in trying to make this ship work (to be held w/anyone she trusts... not just Jack)... what I wouldn't pay for that...
          Last edited by ShimmeringStar; 12 September 2004, 06:27 AM.
          Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
          My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali_gater
            *Sigh*Yeah, Bucky, I agree.This is my favorite place to lurk, however. I wish I were clever enough (and a faster typist as well ) to keep up with the pace, but I really enjoy the humor and talent of these folks. There's also that happy sense of validation that comes with being surrounded by your fellow shipmates So, ShipNana, if you would add this poor, suffering fool to your list of medal recipients, I'd be forever grateful.
            ((((((Ali-Gater!)))))) ((((((Bucky!)))))) Don't worry about topic changes or the pace of the thread! We all post behind and we never mind rehashing what we've already talked about! Haven't you noticed the sudden appearance of 9 or 10 posts by the same person in a row! That's called catching up! Post, people! We love to hear new opinions and points of view!!!

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
              ((((((((((((((Tame))))))))))))))))))))

I told them they were being mean! I can't believe Shimmering Star would be mean to you! I told her she was being bad!

Mei Mei is sucking up because Tame is betaing new fic! Musn't mess with Beta, especially one with shedder....

But they wouldn't listen to me! We still love you even if Star and Di are being bad!
              MeiMei!
              I did feel guilty...
              and made *ahem* amends for my actions. http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=1653
              Kinda...

She might just shred me too... so I have to tread lightly as well...
              Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_o_Neill
                I'm really looking forward to this episode, i've been a naughty girl and read the spoilers that people have been posting
                *makes clicking noises w/tongue & shakes finger at Sam_o_Neill*
                Naughty Girl!
                LOL!
                I want them to be comfortable around each other even with and their feelings for each other they are still friends and they should spend more time together outside of the SGC, it doesn't mean they are doing anything naughty does it??
                Well... if it's S&J alone... people in the SGC who know who they are (and w/Jack commanding operations at the SGC, everyone knows who he is) & they could & would 'perceive' that something naughty was going on & spread bad gossip that would impact everyone's jobs at the SGC... IMHO, that's yet one more reason why both Sam & Jack have avoided anything that could be remotely interpreted as a "ship" on base (except of course in front of their trusted buddies, Daniel & Teal'c... ).
                I'm really hoping we get to see more team interaction in the later episodes, I miss how Stargate used to be, and there has to be a proper briefing in one of the episode soon one with all of SG-1 sitting around a table talking about the up-coming mission, or else I think i'm going to crack!
                AMEN sistah! I mean TPTB have not (&will not, from the various interviews we've posted links to here) addressed a multitude of plot arcs we know exist & think are important to the show, but when they leave out the basics (and a briefing/debriefing scene can be just as good as any other if the dialogue & acting is right...)... it just.... well... even though life is about change... it doesn't seem right or like SG.

Comment

((((((Ali-Gater!)))))) ((((((Bucky!)))))) Don't worry about topic changes or the pace of the thread! We all post behind and we never mind rehashing what we've already talked about! Haven't you noticed the sudden appearance of 9 or 10 posts by the same person in a row! That's called catching up! Post, people! We love to hear new opinions and points of view!!!
                  Thanks, Meimei! I'm still trying to figure out the tech aspects (spoiler spaces, all those great motion graphics, etc) so I'll try to post a little more. Thanks for the encouragement
                  Ali

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                    MeiMei!
                    I did feel guilty...
                    and made *ahem* amends for my actions. http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=1653
                    Kinda...

She might just shred me too... so I have to tread lightly as well...
                    I saw where you did your own sucking up! I am just trying to get my fic ahead of yours!!

Tame is most wonderful beta in the world!!
                    Have to get our ship where we can get it!
                    And Nikki is still mad at me over the end of the last one! Need the next one to get out of trouble!

Comment

Originally posted by Ali_gater
                      Thanks, Meimei! I'm still trying to figure out the tech aspects (spoiler spaces, all those great motion graphics, etc) so I'll try to post a little more. Thanks for the encouragement
                      Strangely enough, after lurking for a long time, I finally went and read the FAQ!! (Mei Mei was slow!) It was most helpful. I printed out some stuff so I could reference it until I got used to doing things! Of course, the new spoiler thingys (yes, "thingy" is a technical term) took me awhile! I was constantly having to edit my posts to fix it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                        I'm not sure how it exactly happened but it happened a long time ago in the old thread. We started calling him and then progressed to the spud reference and it just went on from there.

We were never making reference to the DeLuise guys but rather to the Pete character. Noone said that DDL wasn't good looking. As a matter of fact we try very hard to keep the actors and the characters they play separate and we try to always be respectful of the actors.

However, the way Pete was initially portrayed all the looks in the world for whoever played the role wouldn't have helped. Pete was certainly unattractive in behavior!!!! And we didn't like what Pete presented which was a clear and present danger to our ship.

Hope this answers your question.

As for my personal tastes, it's RDA/Jack all the way!!!!!!
                        If I recall someone called a sack of potatoes... and then the potato jokes (check out Mala's potatohead collection) just came fast & furious... Spud is one of his lasting tags... along with the emoticon.

So true, ShipNana... any actor would have had a hard time trying to project an empathetic character out of that writing. For a "nicer" guy... the actions they had him take would have had to have been totally rewritten... and they weren't about to do that...

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                          You are absolutely right Bucky. You have also suffered so here is your medal!

This is for all the Shipper Family members who have SUFFERED through the entire, essentially Shippless, first half of the 8th Season and have the COURAGE to stick it out! (This of course includes anyone who has watched the entire first half via any method!!) You must however, have watched every episode to date!

SHIPPER MEDAL OF COURAGE!!!!!!!

is issued to the following Shippers:

Caty
                          Ship Nana
                          Michelleb
                          Samisjacksgal
                          Critter
                          Tame
                          Emilee
                          Rogue
                          Zoser
                          Bucky

hi please can i have a mention in this fab medal.i have lost the plot without any shipper moments in season 8 what are they doing to us,but things can only get better (IHOPE)

wynterxx

TRUE LOVE COMES AT A PRICE,BUT IS WORTH IT AT THE END

Comment

I saw where you did your own sucking up! I am just trying to get my fic ahead of yours!!

Tame is most wonderful beta in the world!!
                            Have to get our ship where we can get it!
                            And Nikki is still mad at me over the end of the last one! Need the next one to get out of trouble!
                            LOL!

Now meimei... Tame should (*MUST*) do yours first. They're much more important to shipper mental health than my wee bittie of a vignette... It's also important for Tame's mental health... since your NC17'll keep her attention much more than my PG or PG13 attempt... and need I mention it's very crucial to Tame's hub's *ahem* health if there's more *things* for them to (*experiment*) with...

And I said I was going to read your Life's Journey's fic this a.m. & over 2 hours later... I'm still here trying to catch up on responding to older posts since I spent (much needed & well-spent) time in the Alternative Therapy Room 2 evenings in a row... I *AM* going to read it today tho... likely will print it out to read since I need to get my bottom outta this chair!

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                              I also want a BIG SHIPPY ending.......... But I am NOT going to STOP TRYING to enjoy the show and if all I am looking for is Sam & Jack then I am gonna be sadly disappointed because I know TPTB aren't gonna do JUST that.

If we can rant and piss and moan about what we don't like then we sure as HECK can say what we loved too

Who knows what TPTB are thinking so don't feel bad for being excited about Sam & Jack having a moment that made you happy

We ALL have our feelings about this and some are great, some are good and some are disappointed and ALL are valid so it is ok to be excited, mildly amused and annoyed

Why??? because we are a family of shippers that just want the BEST AND THE MOST for Sam & Jack

(((((((((((((((((((((Shipper Family)))))))))))))))))))
                              Great advice ShipperTown Activities Director!
                              Next motivational speech at 1800 hours...

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
                                Slice 'em and dice 'em
                                Hash 'em and mash 'em

Comment

Working...
                                X