This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kiwigater
    LOL, yes, I bet that Tame would have loved to be uh...... handled.....
    As it was she came to all the panels and visited everyone (just in the roomy confines of Tasha's handbag - where she got a new hair-do courtesy of the zip ).
    Did you *handled*.....mmmmmm well yeah...that is one way to uummm say it ....LOL Tasha told me about *m* hair and how I was very quiet and listened very attentively from my little nest

Thank you BOTH again for sharing your fun with me and ALL the SHIPPER FAMILY!!!!!

ok now Tasha where are your pics....and how do I get this photoshop thing to work again..hehehehehe just wait I have plans....oh so many plans...hee hee
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by col aga
      Ship Nana, what is this medal for?If for watching Affinity I want one too cos I managed to perform this difficult task.
      I want one, too! How do we get on the list?

Comment

Originally posted by Muffo
        Summary:I think the story line of TPTB was a Sam/Jack love story and that will end with the idea that they are together. Much more appealing that way. Atleast I can dream!!!
        I am just quoting the end to save spce

Overall and in general I agree with your post. I think that TPTB have tried a alot of *formula* TV and a few new twists and added it all together in a new type of Sci-Fi show. I think it gave them quite a BOOST that they had such a brillant cast to work with. But at teh end of the day I hope like you and everyone else here that TPTB realize that we want Great Sci-Fi, a Great Romance and just a Great show
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
          Thank you. I'm inspired by all those great pictures in all of your signatures. I have no idea how to do that.
          I should be on the dummy list - can barely turn on my computer without help.
          Awww you are not ....PM any of us and we will help you ....can't have you wandering around pictureless if you want to be wearin one now can we

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
            KG, you are very very tall. seriously. how tall are you?

Tame. you are very very small. i pictured you taller somehow.
            I have this *Ray Gun*...they used it a a movie once ...and I felt it best if I kept a *low* profile....

Edit - Darn...KG let the cat out of the bag... I *really* did shrink in the wash

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
              You know one of the questions asked to AT was what would you like to see happen in Season 8 and her reply was "more team, including Rick, through the gate missions. She also stated that she would love to explore her new responsibility more. I believe AT is on our side about this.

I really feel that yes our ship will come in at the end of Season 8, but like you guys I am concerned that it will not be done with the quality that we are all looking for. If season 8 is the last season than there are not too many episodes left that sound like they are going to give us the resolution that we shippers are looking for. This season could have been soooo much better if again like everyone has said they took care of Pete in the beginning and left enough time for them to gradually come together as a couple. To me this is just as potent. Instead of Season 8 being fun, passionate and exciting, I am watching from behind my hands with fear of seeing Pete and at the same time watching each wasted episode fall to the ground like a petal from a flower. So help me if this show ends with a fishing invitation I will scream. I would love to see, Sam making a big mistake and learning how to live with it, Jack having to send Sam on a very dangerous mission thinking she may not come back, Sam saving Jacks life by taking a bullet or blast for him then Jack thinking he has lost her only to have her revived by the sarcophagus. You could totally have action and sci-fi when they are on missions but when the day is over we could see them at home, together. No I wouldn't want it as the main front but maybe the c-plot. I'm only saying the Jack and Sam stuff here but of course this could be intertwined with Daniel and Teal'c as it should be. There is so much up in the air that this has been all but an enjoyable journey.
              Very good thoughts. I alternate between thinking Sam and Jack WILL end up together(and hoping it's more than a fishing invitation) or fearing that there is a terrible bombshell yet awaiting us shippers.

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
                Spoilers Season 8 "Threads"
                .I have been thinking about this for a while, although it would be great to see Jack come barging in and taking Sam away from Pete (seeing Jack and Sam make any move at this point I think I would fall over), I'm not so sure that this is the way that I would like it to end. I know Jack will have all the information that he needs to release any guilt that he would feel from stopping Sam from marrying Pete (especially since he knows that she is not entirely happy); but, I think I would rather have Jack finished with Kerry (as he will be) and Sam breaking it off with Pete (As it had better be) and somehow maybe at the hospital visiting Jacob, have Sam and Jack accidentally, but on purpose meeting up with one another and finally having that conversation that they should have had years ago but this time with no baggage, no uncertainties, no doubts, no fear of being found out, just sheer determination, passion and acceptance of how they feel for one another. I would love for them both to be standing looking into each others eyes, holding on to one another knowing that this is the only place that they ever really wanted to be and they came to this conclusion on their own because they knew it couldn't be any other way.

Looking into each other's eyes...YES, YES, YES!!!!
                Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by muffo
                  I have not read all of this thread, but since I got into this Forum because I was depressed about the ship direction we seem to be on, I may as well vent a few things which may have been covered before. Please forgive me, I'll try to be as unboring as I can.

#1. Relationships are seldom the focus of any episodic TV show. Just the way it is. Most shows are produced, directed and written by men for men(boys) and that goes double for science fiction.

#2. Relationships are plot devices, nothing more. Men, being the wonderful creatures they are, want many females to be interested in them, hence the introduction of ship at all. Mainly ship is to further their image of virile, desirable critters. (They aways want to play with lots of females) The trick is not to get caught by one female. It would spoil their options, i.e. plot devices.

#3. The above number 2 has been in force since the early days of television. If the hero(and most of them were male) got caught in episode 3, what would they do for episode 4? I believe that it was written in coded form and given to all writers that the hero could fall in love, but then the options were limited to:, female turns out to villian;, female turns out to not be in love with hero, or the favorite---female dies. There are very few exceptions to this rule. See any 50s,60s and most 70s episodic TV shows. The one notable exception to this was Matt Dillon and Miss Kitty on Gunsmoke. They carried on an adult relationship with very little mention of "relationship" and got past the censors.

#4. As a result of the "code", writers do not know how to write a relationship unless they are on a soap opera. Think about it --most of theses writers grew up with the 50's 60's 70's TV format. Their minds start to scream "unreal" if the male and female ship characters get together. Case in point--Scarecrow and Mrs. King. Once the "plot device" put them together, the "ship" story lines were awful(Kate Jackson's health problems worked against the secretly married story lines also)

#5 TPTB though it would add "tension" to stories to have a star-crossed love story of Jack and Sam. Air Force says they can't be a couple because of regs, no matter how "attracted" they were to each other. (Air Force will not help them with cute toys if they cross the line!!). Soooo, TPTB keeps options open by playing it cool---no love scenes in this universe--just sad, longing looks at odd times. Never a discussion that would lock out an option i.e. "plot device".

#6 For the resultion of J/S on the tube, I refer you to TAMEFARRA's post #16 on this thread. It is all going to depend on the options for another season.

#7. I agreed with someone's (forgot who) statement that they thought Jack loved Sam, but not the reverse because she has been very close about her feeling. This is a plot device. Keep your options open. If TPTB decided to go another way than J/S, then they could always point out that Sam was not in love with Jack and therefore could not end the story on that note. Now back up, I didn't mean that Sam doesn't love Jack or that I don't want her to be in love with him--I just mean TPTB have kept the options open in case they wanted to do something else by being very coy about her feelings.

#8 Reality--yes that ulgy ole thing.
                  A> In "reality", Jack would have tried to work it out with his separated/ex-wife. Failing that (and they would have failed because he was gone too much--she would have been tired of sleeping alone and 100 Days would have been the total end for her) Jack would have found someone else--just because that is what men do. Men are not programed to be alone unless there is something wrong with them, i.e. aberrated or total loners, which Jack isn't--he is a social animal. There would probably have been several relationships, most of which didn't work because he is gone so much. Most men like marriage, they like having someone to come home to and Jack is pretty typical as far as I can see. I also think Jack would want at least one more child to help ease the memories of Charlie
                  B>Sam would have had lots of men eager to date her. There would be a few from her MIT class who would see her brains as assets and her beauty as icing on the cake. Most of the men who came in contact with her seem to be smitten, while she gives few clues to her feelings. I think the most "unreal' plot device was when TPTB typed her as not having a life. It would be difficult, but no more difficult than Jack's "life".
                  C> Co workers fall in love everyday. Read Dear Abby if you don't believe me. Given the nature of the the situations they are involved in, respect, understanding and even love would naturally grow. Since they are moral people, they would hesitate to even start a conversation that might make life uncomfortable for either of them.

#9 Will they or won't they? Depends on a movie or a next season. Next season or movie--no--unless.......TPTB are willing to bite the bullet and put them together with a special dispensation(Jack did say he was making a want list) or have Sam resign the AF and become a civilian consultant making lots of money as head of R&D at SGC. Or have Jack resign and become training co-ordinator or just plain retire and he could stay home with the babies while Sam worked. Either way, they would both go off world very little--leave it to the younger folks. That would be "reality".(More men ar opting for marriage and children later in life and they are taking more child care responsibility)

Summary:I think the story line of TPTB was a Sam/Jack love story and that will end with the idea that they are together. Much more appealing that way. Atleast I can dream!!!

WHOA!!!!

Sure glad you decided to delurk and post this!!!

Golly, with all that on your mind ya could've EXPLODED!!!!! And that would've been awfully messy!

Really well said!!!!
                  Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by gatewatcher
                    I want one, too! How do we get on the list?
                    Just ask!!!

There ya go!

SHIPPER MEDAL OF COURAGE!!!!!!!

is issued to the following Shippers:

Ship Nana
                    Lunar
                    Caty
                    Marimba
                    Tame
                    Mei Mei
                    Kri
                    Critter
                    LtLisa
                    TOKEN
                    Auralan
                    Melyanna
                    Mad_Gater
                    WaterFall
                    Ship Sistah
                    Bucky
                    Michelleb
                    KiwGater
                    Faith
                    Shinrai
                    Chevron Seven
                    Zoser
                    Sam O Neill
                    ESTELLE
                    MALA50
                    Gatetrixer
                    Dipsofjazz with a side of cookies seved by Jack and a tucking in
                    Majorsal
                    Isis
                    Wynter
                    Ses110
                    cc_mac
                    tauripeg
                    Mishy Mo
                    SueKay
                    Rogue
                    Sugarshaker
                    Getcarter
                    Twisted Angel (Sam_rules)
                    Scottishshipper
                    SG1Happy
                    Jimlad The Pirate Maiden
                    Blueiris
                    Samisjacksgal
                    Sclairef99
                    Gatetime
                    Col aga
                    Gatewatcher
                    Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
                      Sam's fling was Petey the Spud,
                      The Shippers all thought him a Dud.
                      The Spud will always fail,
                      Compared to our Alpha Male.
                      Sam's man is the Silver Haired Stud.
                      Originally posted by TameFarrar
                      WOO HOO!!!! We have a Haiku

That is really Good..!! I like that one
                      That's not a Haiku. Haiku poetry has strict construction rules - each poem
                      has only 17 syllables; 5 syllables in the first line, 7 in the second, 5 in the
                      third. Like this:

A crash reduces
                      Your expensive computer
                      To a simple stone.

(Not mine -- that is anonymous "Microsoft Haiku Error Messages")

Here is mine:

Jack should kiss Sam twice:
                      Once for love. Twice to show Pete
                      Jack knows he's no threat!

or

Love is not fishing.
                      Let them "talk" - lips on hot skin.
                      Jack and Sam always.

If by "fond" you mean droolworthy, hummable, coma-causing, breath-stealing, lustful, libidinous
                      appreciation of the First Hussy Magnitude for Jack & his splendid, dirty, sweaty, sun-kissed, lithe-fingered,
                      full-bottom-lipped, lickable-eared, agile-tongued, long-necked, silver-haired, gracefully moving body
                      in all its fantasmagorical glory, then--- yes. I am also "fond." -- OzGirl

Comment

Ship Daddy and Ship Mum are fine ....REALLY......

Ship Daddy just had to deal with ALOT af RL issues (job search, job get, job work)...........and get his mojo back too
                        So Ship Daddy was afflicted by A$$inity too? Poor Ship Daddy...

Sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                          Just ask!!!

There ya go!

SHIPPER MEDAL OF COURAGE!!!!!!!

is issued to the following Shippers:

Ship Nana
                          Lunar
                          Caty
                          Marimba
                          Tame
                          Mei Mei
                          Kri
                          Critter
                          LtLisa
                          TOKEN
                          Auralan
                          Melyanna
                          Mad_Gater
                          WaterFall
                          Ship Sistah
                          Bucky
                          Michelleb
                          KiwGater
                          Faith
                          Shinrai
                          Chevron Seven
                          Zoser
                          Sam O Neill
                          ESTELLE
                          MALA50
                          Gatetrixer
                          Dipsofjazz with a side of cookies seved by Jack and a tucking in
                          Majorsal
                          Isis
                          Wynter
                          Ses110
                          cc_mac
                          tauripeg
                          Mishy Mo
                          SueKay
                          Rogue
                          Sugarshaker
                          Getcarter
                          Twisted Angel (Sam_rules)
                          Scottishshipper
                          SG1Happy
                          Jimlad The Pirate Maiden
                          Blueiris
                          Samisjacksgal
                          Sclairef99
                          Gatetime
                          Col aga
                          Gatewatcher
                          Thanks so much!! appreciate it!

Comment

Originally posted by OzGirl
                            That's not a Haiku. Haiku poetry has strict construction rules - each poem
                            has only 17 syllables; 5 syllables in the first line, 7 in the second, 5 in the
                            third. Like this:

A crash reduces
                            Your expensive computer
                            To a simple stone.

(Not mine -- that is anonymous "Microsoft Haiku Error Messages")

Here is mine:

Jack should kiss Sam twice:
                            Once for love. Twice to show Pete
                            Jack knows he's no threat!

or

Love is not fishing.
                            Let them "talk" - lips on hot skin.
                            Jack and Sam always.

RICLMAOOOOO ((((((((((((((((OZ)))))))))))))))))))

Thank you for edumacating me!!!!! I had ABSOLUTLY NO IDEA what a Haiku was....I was just happy it rhymed with WOO HOO.

THAT was the extent of my poetic prowness

Yours on the other hand are FANTASTIC!!!!!

Comment

RICLMAOOOOO ((((((((((((((((OZ)))))))))))))))))))

Thank you for edumacating me!!!!! I had ABSOLUTLY NO IDEA what a Haiku was....I was just happy it rhymed with WOO HOO.

THAT was the extent of my poetic prowness

Yours on the other hand are FANTASTIC!!!!!
                              Aw, thanks Tame. But you're crushing my sore ribs!

If by "fond" you mean droolworthy, hummable, coma-causing, breath-stealing, lustful, libidinous
                              appreciation of the First Hussy Magnitude for Jack & his splendid, dirty, sweaty, sun-kissed, lithe-fingered,
                              full-bottom-lipped, lickable-eared, agile-tongued, long-necked, silver-haired, gracefully moving body
                              in all its fantasmagorical glory, then--- yes. I am also "fond." -- OzGirl

Comment

Originally posted by OzGirl
                                Aw, thanks Tame. But you're crushing my sore ribs!
                                It was a soft hug....really .........{ { { { OZ } } } }see

Comment

Working...
                                X