Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are still losing!! and I just tried my idea for voting more than once but it didn't work

Has this link been posted on all the major Sam/Jack forums?? we need as many shippers as possible to vote!!
    Especially as its on a Daniel Friendly site and I don't mean to offend anyone but quite a lot of Daniel lovers are anti-shippers from my experience...I refer to the problems a while back with Stargate Solutions formerly known as Save Daniel Jackson

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

Originally Posted by majorsal
      For some reason, I feel this movie will be a follow up to a season two ep. Here's the season two eps:

The Serpent's Lair
      In the Line of Duty
      Prisoners
      The Gamekeeper
      Need
      Thor's Chariot
      Message In a Bottle
      Family
      Secrets
      Bane
      The Tok'ra, Part 1
      The Tok'ra, Part 2
      Spirits
      Touchstone
      The Fifth Race
      A Matter of Time
      Holiday
      Serpent's Song
      One False Step
      Show and Tell
      Out of Mind

So, which one would be a good follow up? I, myself, would love to see 1969 touched upon again.

Sally
      I agree! I would *Love* a follow-up on 1969.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CoffeeGirl
        Thank you so much, Caty - you made a bunch of German Shippers very very happy! :-)
        ((((((CG)))))) You're online!!!! Yay! Love your sig, too funny. Unfortunately I have to go soon ... but I'll come back *insert evil laughter*. No one can separate me from my shipper family.

Estelle xxx
        Abu: This is a woman?
        O'Neill: Oh, yeah.

Carter: Err. Colonel?
        O'Neill: It's my side arm, I swear.

Jack: I don't get it. I mean, how can she make kids without a... man friend?
        Malek: The Queen is able to reproduce asexually.
        Jack: Is that why you guys took hosts?

Jack: Oooo... did anyone else feel that?
        Sam: The tingling sensation is a result of the EM field passing over your skin, but it's not causing any physical damage, so there's no need for concern sir.
        Jack: No I *like* it.

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
          I agree! I would *Love* a follow-up on 1969.
          Oh yeah, ... young Hammond ... yummy. ROTFLMAO, sorry couldn't help myself .

Estelle xxx

Sam: The tingling sensation is a result of the EM field passing over your skin, but it's not causing any physical damage, so there's no need for concern sir.

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
            Do what you can and I'll see what I can do when I get it

Caty
            Thx Caty, you're the best. Oh and Lt. Lisa, Caty said she may even do two vids to songs of Sister Hazel. Said she found a even better one than 'Your Winter' *yay*. Oh I can't wait for next week *jumps up and down*, anyone got a time travel machine?

Estelle xxx

Comment

If you can get access to the Stargate at the exact time of a solar flare then you'll be well on your way

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

Comment

The votes have changed!!
                I got one of my school friends to vote and it looks like someone else has too

The results are now:
                I'd rather chew my own arm off: 50.9%
                Hell yes, they belong together: 49.1%

we're catching up!!!
                Keep voting!
                www.stargatedanielfriendly.net

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

Comment

Originally posted by estelle
                  That's why I think the poll won't be very scientific. Everyone who has access to more than one computer (at school, at work, etc.) and who is bent on S/J or Anti-S/J can vote 50+ times. I know that at our university we have a lot of computers who every student can access so if anyone invests enough time ... he/she can make the poll all by herself ... it just doesn't say anything. I did vote, because I'm a convinced S/J shipper but I won't take the results too seriously.
                  Agreed. These polls never mean anything. It's extremely hard to have a statistically significant internet poll. The fact that they're self-selecting alone makes them statistically insignificant. Worse, people can always stack them by having multiple IP addresses, getting rid of cookies, using multiple computers, whatever. There are a million tricks. This one isn't immune no matter what it says. I can get new IP addresses in every building at work and some of the local coffee shops. The little joys of wireless and DHCP.

There's also no way this poll is going to change anything. The vast majority of the season has been filmed already. The stories have been written. They've clearly been planning this story arc for some time and know it's going to tick off some fan groups. This poll isn't anything official being run by TPTB. It's just a group of particularly noisy fans running a poll on their website. At this point, it's probably about as futile as telling my cat to stay off the kitchen counter.
                  *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Originally posted by scottishshipper
                    Well said marimba that goes for me too.EBay can have it all.scottishshipper looks around the forum for the medal list to add her name as i just watched the not to ever be viewed again ep and if there was a vomiting smilie it would be included as i write.Big comfort hugs to marimba and all others who have seen it.

scottish shipper xx

SHIPPER MEDAL OF COURAGE!!!!!!!

is issued to the following Shippers:

Ship Nana
                    Lunar
                    Caty
                    Marimba
                    Tame
                    Mei Mei
                    Kri
                    Critter
                    LtLisa
                    TOKEN
                    Auralan
                    Melyanna
                    Mad_Gater
                    WaterFall
                    Ship Sistah
                    Bucky
                    Michelleb
                    KiwGater
                    Faith
                    Shinrai
                    Chevron Seven
                    Zoser
                    Sam O Neill
                    ESTELLE
                    MALA50
                    Gatetrixer
                    Dipsofjazz with a side of cookies seved by Jack and a tucking in
                    Majorsal
                    Isis
                    Wynter
                    Ses110
                    cc_mac
                    tauripeg
                    Mishy Mo
                    SueKay
                    Rogue
                    Sugarshaker
                    Getcarter
                    Twisted Angel (Sam_rules)
                    Scottishshipper
                    Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_o_Neill
                      Wow! One post and I learnt loads of stuff that I never knew before!
                      I didn't know AT or MS could speak Canadian..I heard somewhere that AT could do sign language and I was happy about that (I have something in common with AT!) but I never knew she spoke french

And I didn't realise that RDA was part Swedish,Norwegian and Mohawk!! I knew the irish part...

I really need to read more about the actors my knowledge is lacking.....

well... Amanda may know a bit of French ....I doubt she is fluent though!!!!!! but I'll check with my French pal who usually meets at at the convention in Nice (South of France) every year

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                        well... Amanda may know a bit of French ....I doubt she is fluent though!!!!!! but I'll check with my French pal who usually meets at at the convention in Nice (South of France) every year

Caty
                        Thanks Caty

And I don't want to bug you bt have you had a chance to listen to Woman in Me by Shania Twain yet???

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

Comment

The votes have changed!!
                          I got one of my school friends to vote and it looks like someone else has too

The results are now:
                          I'd rather chew my own arm off: 50.9%
                          Hell yes, they belong together: 49.1%

we're catching up!!!
                          Keep voting!
                          www.stargatedanielfriendly.net

Apparently Suz said earlier ..there is a problem and for people on AOL like me ..the votes don't get registered...and we have to open an internet explorer section!!!! and click on a new link she gave a few posts back.

caty

Comment

Thanks Caty

And I don't want to bug you bt have you had a chance to listen to Woman in Me by Shania Twain yet???

It's downloaded but haven't listened to it yet ....listened to a whole bunch of Siter hazel songs ....Estelle's request and another one from that group.

Gonna start the video "Gonna run to you " next and will listen to shania later .

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Suz
                              It's still just one internet connection, and all the PC's at the college, work etc, will have the same IP to the outside world. So no, that won't work. That's the same all over the world. As I've said before, this poll is more secure than a lot of things, including other polls and awards, and yet people take those results as being accurate. Trust Suzanna, she is nimble fingered and gets paid for being so.
                              Not really. It depends how the network is set up. Some workplaces have the network set up so they're all using the same IP address to connect to the outside world. Others don't. I have six computers in my office and each of them has an individual IP address internally and externally. I have two network connections to my house, one of which has a fully routed class C on it -- so that's over 200 addresses right there. Then there's the cablemodem. Not all providers work this way, but I can jump through a tiny hoop and get renumbered any time I'm willing to reboot the fool thing. Oh, and speaking of that cabelmodem service, they have dial-in numbers all over the country I can use when I'm out of town to avoid long distance charges. Plug the cell phone with free long distance into the laptop and I could dial into hundreds of dial-up servers all around the country with wildly varying IP addresses for little more than annoyance and time. I also have a wireless laptop with DHCP and can wander into any number of local coffee shops or vendor workplaces and connect to their networks with yet other IP addresses. And this isn't even getting into the number of accounts I have various places where I could connect to those computers via ssh and access the website from their IP addresses. I'm sure I could come up with a few more ways to work around the system if I thought about it a little longer.

People might like to think there aren't ways around these things, but there are. There's really no way to stop a determined enough geek with networking experience (or the wife of one who has spent way to much time at dinner parties where this sort of thing passes for conversation).
                              Last edited by auralan; 29 August 2004, 07:02 AM. Reason: typo
                              *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                                spoilers for s8's affinity and threads

I really wish this whole bf/gf thing -if it 'had' to happen- had been with Jack instead. I live through Sam, relate to her the most, so that this happening with Sam just... just goes against how *I'd* act and react. That's why this whole thing would have settled with me better if it had been Jack that moved on first.

Sally
                                I don't know...that might've been even harder to watch since thats how I feel about Sam too.

regarding Buc's comment that dating as long as it didn't go tosex, engagement, etc would've been ok: no kissing either! to quote French Kiss "a kiss is where the romance is"

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                                ~Imzadi
                                describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
                                Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Working...
                                X