This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Suz
    After the comments made by AT in the interview below the following has been started on SDF.

As a side issue to this interview, apparently a poll was held a while ago,
    by TPTB, to let them know how many people were for ship, and how many were
    against it. Who wanted to see the kiss between S/J and who would be reaching
    for the sick bag. A lot of people seem to have no knowledge
    of it. It seems that the poll results were evenly matched, and the kiss was
    shown. Anyway, it's about time this was cleared up once and for all. I've
    set up a poll where you can vote either for or against. IP's will be logged, extra safeguards are in place and you won't be able to vote more than once. I'm well aware of proxy's and alll proxy lists will be checked once the poll is complete. Let's make this the real deal. Let's find out once and for all where the fandom stands.

Whether you're a shipper or a non shipper, make your vote count. It takes a
    second, and as it appears this is an important topic for most people, every
    vote counts. Although this is a Daniel friendly site, this is first and foremost a Stargate site, and you'll find that there's probably more Jack on there than Daniel. I'm posting here, because I want to make sure that all sides get a fair and equal opportunity to vote. I'll also post it in the anti-shipper thread. So far in the last few hours there have been over 250 votes cast. The balance is changing all the time.

Amanda Tapping is interviewed in Dreamwatch Mag.She talks about season
    eight, Jack and Pete, and Sam's new role as leader of SG1. Here's an
    extract:

When asked if the new season will see Carter becoming engaged to Pete,
    Tapping becomes coy. "You'll see," she replies. "It's not all set in stone.
    I love Pete, and I love the fact that Pete has brought out this side of
    Carter that has been basically dormant for seven years, or has only been
    hinted atwith an obvious attraction to O'Neill," she continues. "You now get
    to see Carter explore the ability to love, which I think has opened up her
    character in a great way."

While discussing the men in Carters life, Tapping is reminded of her early
    discussions with the show's producers about how season eight would pan out.
    "When they asked me, 'What do you want to see?' I said, 'If this really is
    the last season, let's have her go fishing with O'Neill at the end. It can
    be totally ambiguous! It doesn't have to mean anything, it could mean
    everything, who knows, but, *******it, can she just go fishing with the guy?
    I said that half jokingly, but a part of me really would like to see her go
    fishing with O'Neill, because I think that still needs to be tied up. In
    Grace, Carter realised, that in order to fulfil the potential of her life
    ouside the SGc, she had to move on. So she's made that decision, but we
    don't know where O'Neill stands. We've never addressed where O'Neill really
    stood."

Suzanna
    http://www.stargatedanielfriendly.net
    http://www.michaelshanksonline.com

I voted... Come on Shippers we are gaining!
    Gatetime

Comment

Originally posted by mishy_mo
      i think that the idea flaoting around about the existance of pete is a little crazy and rather reminisent of asension with orlan

i doubt that Sam could have pulled off all the copper stuff in affinity by herself, so he has to be real

Chimera: i think this title refered mainly to the Daniel/Sara/Osiris plot line rather than the introduction of pete to the show

but then again i'm just one person with a little opinion on what goes on i don't think we'll ever know for sure until TPTB decide that it's time
      I'd say it meant the whole episode...after all the stuPit storyline was half the episode <shudders> TPTB are good about naming their episodes too...

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
      ~Imzadi
      describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
      Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
        I don't know that song ...but I'll listen to it tomorrow interesting to discover so many singing talents around .

caty
        yay Caty! sounds good...the more Keith Urban the better...theres lots of great songs...like I said I'd recommend 'you'll think of me' but its really sad and I'm afraid of how much angst we'd get (one of the lines: But thoughts of us kept keeping me awake
        Ever since you found yourself in someone else's arms
        I've been trying my best to get along
        But that's okay there's nothing left to say but.

Chorus:
        Take your records, take you freedom
        Take your memories, I don't need 'em
        Take your space and take your reasons
        But you'll think of me
        And take your cat and leave my sweater
        'Cause we have nothing left to weather
        In fact I'll feel a whole lot better
        But you'll think of me, you'll think of me.)

isn't that sad?

here Whenever I Run Lyrics:

Chorus:
        Whenever I run
        Instead of running into the blue
        I follow my heart
        And there in your arms
        Is where I find the love I need
        And the best is yet to come
        Baby you're the one I run to

isn't that pretty?

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
        ~Imzadi

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
          i have nothing useful to say, i just wanted to tell majorsal i love her new sig!!!
          Thanks, hon! And it IS useful to say things like that.... it makes me happy!

Sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ilios
            The second picture from the left is just a promtional picture
            ooohhh...but TPTB don't promtoe this ship? we're just projecting...

~Imzadi

Comment

Originally posted by LtLisa
              ooohhh...but TPTB don't promtoe this ship? we're just projecting...
              lol *shrugs* Don't ask me ... all i know is its a promotional picture

Comment

SHIP SHIP SHIP SHIP SHIP SHIP SHIP SHIP SHIP SHIP SHIP SHIP SHIP SHIP SHIP SHIP SHIP SHIP SHIP SHIP SHIP SHIP SHIP SHIP SHIP SHIP SHIP SHIP

everyone go vote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Imzadi

Comment

Originally posted by Critter
                  Where's that positive Shipper thinking Ship Nana? I'm thinking that you haven't been licking the bowl as you make all those shipper cookies anymore so maybe you'll have to splurg and just have a cookie or two. Sounds like some serious withdrawl going on here. (critter searches for her cheat sheet to see what kind of cookies to suggest) Let's see, try the pale green ones or the lime green ones or the indigo ones....oh wait, here it is...the EVERY COLOR SHIPPER COOKIE. Yep that's the one for you! (((((Ship Nana)))))
                  Thanks Critter. Your right I forgot to eat my own dang cookies!!!

Here's some for everyone!!! We all seem to be in a funk these days!!!

EVERY COLOR SHIPPER COOKIE - which erases shipper memories of all bad spoilers, episodes, and character appearances that depress shippers and replaces them with positive Sam/Jack memories.
                  Ship Nana

Comment

FRIENDS, COUNTRYMEN, LEND ME YOUR EARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO TO THE WEBSITE BELOW TO VOTE FOR THE SHIP TO CONTINUE:

Comment

season 8's afffinity spoilers

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                      I KNOW!! This is why I am so confused by TPTB....they have this scene that CLEARLY shows Jack is NOT happy for her and he is CLEARLY agitated and yet at the end Sam says yes.
                      When you say it like that -in it's simplicity... YES, what the hayhoo is going on!?

*throws peanuts at ptb*

*watches rob and damien eat said peanuts*

Men.

Sally
                      Last edited by majorsal; 28 August 2004, 08:33 PM.
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Critter
                        I voted too---SHIP all the way!!!!

Me Tooooo!!! I voted for the Ship to come in!!!!
                        Ship Nana

Comment

keep voting peeps were catchin up wid the anti-shippers and will over take!
                          Carolyn

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater

Already ahead of you... I voted earlier

Comment

spoilers for s8's affinity and threads

Originally posted by michelleb
                              oh, no, my stomach just turns at the thought
                              Spoiler:
                              i'm not too happy with the whole 'jack gets a girlfriend' storyline to start off with. i just always saw jack like one of those chivalric, arthurian knights. the very tough, not very articulate kind. but one who, when they fall in love with a woman, stay in love. and even when they can't have her, even if she's married to someone else, even if she doesn't love him, stay in love and stay faithful, even if it's only to a memory, or just for the sake of a few looks and moments, stay faithful for years. i just don't like the feeling that once sam is engaged, before she's even married, jack gives up. it's almost as if he's saying 'ok, that didn't work, onto the next one'. i just didn't see him like that.

i know, it's a very old-fashioned view, and probably wrong, and jack should move on and live his life, and not moon after sam, but i just saw him like that.

but, on the other hand, if the whole kerry thing is the touchpaper to light a fire under sam and make her realise she loves jack, i suppose i can live with it (and it's definitely better that that happens before the wedding). it's just, everytime i see jack with kerry, i'm going to be wincing a bit

I really wish this whole bf/gf thing -if it 'had' to happen- had been with Jack instead. I live through Sam, relate to her the most, so that this happening with Sam just... just goes against how *I'd* act and react. That's why this whole thing would have settled with me better if it had been Jack that moved on first.

Sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater

Hey if all the lurkers and posters voted we'd have a tally something like 60,000!!!

Now's the time to be heard Shippers.

Follow meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!
                                Ship Nana

Comment

Working...
                                X