This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by michelleb
    if they drag it out any longer, my head's gonna explode from the frustration. do you PTB. lives are at stake here!!! save me, give us the ending we want, and soon!!! please?
    LOL! You are definitly not alone in those feelings! I think I could even wait till the end for them to really get together, as long as they acknowledge the fact that they want to be together by the end of Threads.
    Spoiler:
    And of course, get rid of Pete & Kerry in the process.....I don't want them to die or anything. Just to be out of S&J's lives.

Comment

aAnubiSs I am going to take you serious here as I know you are not a Shipper (you stated that ) and hope you were asking just for information sake. If you are looking for discussion or debate then I would suggest this would better over in the Ship Discussion Thread. BUT keeping all that in mind I am going to answer your question regarding S & J vs Season 9 just for information purposes.

As a fan a SG-1 period I have found that once TPTB opened the door for the S&J pairing it become a large part of the show for me. I like romance in any long running show I watch. So if it is an *either* *or* situation then I would say I want Sam & Jack together and that is the end. 8 years is long enough.

If there is a way for TPTB to do both and write engaging interesting shows without RDA as a main character any longer but as a peripheral one with Sam as his wife or love interest then by all means bring on Season 9.

RDA is a main focus for me as well. He brought me into the show. His humor and his abilty as a *natural* actor caught my interest and allowed me to get to know the other characters. So if RDA is in no way part of the continuing seasons then I would be hard -pressed to be very interested. Another poster pointed out that without RDA the ship can't continue and that is not acceptable to me any longer.

Thus ends the long version of my answer.
      The short version - Sam & Jack
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
        aAnubiSs I am going to take you serious here as I know you are not a Shipper (you stated that ) and hope you were asking just for information sake. If you are looking for discussion or debate then I would suggest this would better over in the Ship Discussion Thread. BUT keeping all that in mind I am going to answer your question regarding S & J vs Season 9 just for information purposes.

As a fan a SG-1 period I have found that once TPTB opened the door for the S&J pairing it become a large part of the show for me. I like romance in any long running show I watch. So if it is an *either* *or* situation then I would say I want Sam & Jack together and that is the end. 8 years is long enough.

If there is a way for TPTB to do both and write engaging interesting shows without RDA as a main character any longer but as a peripheral one with Sam as his wife or love interest then by all means bring on Season 9.

RDA is a main focus for me as well. He brought me into the show. His humor and his abilty as a *natural* actor caught my interest and allowed me to get to know the other characters. So if RDA is in no way part of the continuing seasons then I would be hard -pressed to be very interested. Another poster pointed out that without RDA the ship can't continue and that is not acceptable to me any longer.

Thus ends the long version of my answer.
        The short version - Sam & Jack
        Well said. I agree whole heartedly.
        Desperate Thunker

Comment

Tame without RDA Stargate should not continue.Jack is a character you cannot replace.Jack makes all the character around him better and the Sam character will need the Jack character more than ever after the Pete mess is over.Having Sam and Jack finally get together is the only thing that can save the Sam character after having been dragged through the mud by TPTB and Pete.I will only support a Season 9 if Sam and Jack are together in Season 8 and RDA returns for 9.If no RDA Stargate should end and go onto Movies.I hope TPTB learned a lesson from the X-Files when DD left the show.

Comment

Just wanted to repost this in case anyone missed it (thread seems to be going really fast lately ):

The First Annual Texan Shipper Weekend

for Texans and anyone else who feels like driving/flying to Texas! So in other words--ALL GW shippers are invited!!! If you're interested, please email me off-thread and I'll give you all the details but here's some info--

Date--Sept 11-12 (but you're more than welcome to show up Friday for the midseason finale!)

Place--My house--Austin, TX (as long as no one minds sleeping on couches/air mattresses/floors I have plenty of room!)

What--A whole weekend of shippy episodes and getting to know each other!!!

Email me offthread and let me know if you want to attend! (Newbies--you can email by clicking on my name ) Just waiting on my great and wonderful beta's suggestions then I'll be back to post my new vid (and no it's not up yet for those of you who seem to get there before I announce )

Also wanted to announce that Token's lovely Death Knell behind the scenes gif is now up at my site on the vids page!! The link is below in my sig for the new folks!
            Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
            Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
            Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

I finished watching "Avatar" and saw the previews for "Affinity".

Spoilers S8 "Affinity" & "Threads"
              Spoiler:
              There was absolutely no mention of the Pete plot just like "Chimera". I went and looked at the GW spoilers for "Affinity" and was shocked to see all the pictures of Pete. When reading the actual spoilers, it almost gave me the impression that the Pete scenes could be Sam imagining what life would be like with Pete.
              Quote from GW:

Spoiler:
              "Prompted by Teal'c's burgeoning love life, Carter, meanwhile, is having second thoughts about maintaining a committed relationship with Pete Shanahan. Is it fair to him, she wonders, for her to put her life in danger exploring other planets? What about having children one day? Would she drop off her kids at day care before heading off-world?

Spoiler:
              It's not yet known whether or not Shanahan appears in "Affinity,"
              Spoiler:
              though Carter's musings do lead to several conversations with her teammates."

Spoiler:
              We know he appears on screen, but is he really there? If DDL had not been available how would they have written the story? I know I'm stretching the thin line of hope, but if I hadn't read the Thread spoiler that said the word "engagement" I could believe that the Pete proposal scene was a dream of what MIGHT be.

Sorry for so many spoiler tags, but I was having trouble with them and this is the only way I could get them to work.

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Token

Spoiler:
                There was absolutely no mention of the Pete plot just like "Chimera". I went and looked at the GW spoilers for "Affinity" and was shocked to see all the pictures of Pete. When reading the actual spoilers, it almost gave me the impression that the Pete scenes could be Sam imagining what life would be like with Pete.
                Quote from GW:

Spoiler:
                "Prompted by Teal'c's burgeoning love life, Carter, meanwhile, is having second thoughts about maintaining a committed relationship with Pete Shanahan. Is it fair to him, she wonders, for her to put her life in danger exploring other planets? What about having children one day? Would she drop off her kids at day care before heading off-world?

Spoiler:
                Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                We know he appears on screen, but is he really there? If DDL had not been available how would they have written the story? I know I'm stretching the thin line of hope, but if I hadn't read the Thread spoiler that said the word "engagement" I could believe that the Pete proposal scene was a dream of what MIGHT be.

Sorry for so many spoiler tags, but I was having trouble with them and this is the only way I could get them to work.
                Ah, My Shipper Family! It's great to be home after 3 days on the road!

Spoiler:
                For some reason, I think that he's really there. I was watching with a friend who does not read spoilers, so she doesn't know about the engagement. I was really shocked that they didn't show that part. Perhaps they want that to be the little *surprise* aspect, like in "Chimera." The A Plot is obviously Teal'c, but where will they have time to throw in Pete, the proposal and acceptance? It doesn't seem possible. But, TPTB have been known to throw us into a loop on the roller coaster of faith.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                  I know who you are. I'm just interested in seeing which you rate highest. SG1 continuation or Sam&Jack getting together.
                  I'll admit there's some dangling plot lines that could use tying up, but IMHO, there's not enough of these plot lines to justify yet another season. These plot lines could easily be addressed in say a couple of made for TV movies. So I'd take a Sam/Jack resolution, as I don't believe there's enough material to make for a good season 9.

Comment

Originally posted by Token

Spoiler:
                    Quote from GW:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

In reference to A$$inity, I am going to tape the episode but I absolutely refuse to watch it! I will see what everyone else says afterwards. If it is as bad as I think it is gonna be I think that I will be glad that I didn't see it. I'm sorry about not seeing the Teal'c part though. But it was either not watch or have my heart break and I'm going for self-preservation.
                    Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar

<snip>

Yes! *I like the way you said with Sam as his wife or love interest*

Sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Marimba, I have the new gif of Jack and his bare chest ready for you. AIM me.

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                          In reference to A$$inity, I am going to tape the episode but I absolutely refuse to watch it! I will see what everyone else says afterwards. If it is as bad as I think it is gonna be I think that I will be glad that I didn't see it. I'm sorry about not seeing the Teal'c part though. But it was either not watch or have my heart break and I'm going for self-preservation.
                          I understand your reluctance. I will tape it and probably watch it as well. I'm going to hold on to my faith as long as possible until I see it with my own tear-stained eyes!

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                            Yeah, I didn't watch any of the Sam/Pete "extreme" scenes when I first watched Chimera... I had to leave the room! But I really wanted to see the whole Daniel/Sarah plot in the episode so I watched those scenes.

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
                              jack and sam get together. i can't stand another season of will they/won't they, and other people and angst, and getting so close, then someone interuppting at the vital moment (yes, daniel, i'm looking at you!)
                              Totally agree. I'm also not real enthused about the idea of a season 9 without RDA. There's a lot to be said for wrapping everything up going out on a high note.
                              *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                                Ah, My Shipper Family! It's great to be home after 3 days on the road!

Welcome Back!!
                                Spoilers S8 "Affinity"
                                Spoiler:
                                For some reason, I think that he's really there. I was watching with a friend who does not read spoilers, so she doesn't know about the engagement. I was really shocked that they didn't show that part. Perhaps they want that to be the little *surprise* aspect, like in "Chimera." The A Plot is obviously Teal'c, but where will they have time to throw in Pete, the proposal and acceptance? It doesn't seem possible. But, TPTB have been known to throw us into a loop on the roller coaster of faith.
                                Spoiler:
                                Yes, it will be a surprise to those who are not spoiled!! I just believe TPTB released this information to ease the shippers into the final positive resolution for Sam and Jack. The fact that JM posted after the picture release says something to me. I feel in my gut that they are setting us up for EVERYTHING we shippers want. Maybe I've been eating too many cookies, but right now that is exactly the way I am seeing things.

Token ~

Comment

Working...
                                X