Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you think Carter should Hook up with?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
    Although Daniel would seem a logical choice given their personalities, the heart isn't very logical. I have to go with Jack on this one.
    You're not saying that those of us who like Sam with Daniel are illogical are you?

Comment

Originally posted by akren View Post
      Whilst I wouldn't mind seeing hook up with (or even !)- *lol* - it has been suggested & hinted @ through various episodes over STARGATE SG-1's 10-yera run that she & belong together/are emant for one another.

And if the line "Actually, I am kinda seeing someone. . ." in a recent episode of Season 10 isn't a reference to the events of 'Threads' / 'Mobieus' (parts 1 & 2); then I don't know what is!!
      She said that in a S10 episode? I remember the "not exactly" line in S9's Ex Deus Machina but it was so ambiguous I think it could have meant anything (personally I think she said it - at least in part - to get Agent Barrett to stop bugging her).

Comment

Originally posted by akren View Post
        Whilst I wouldn't mind seeing hook up with (or even !)- *lol* - it has been suggested & hinted @ through various episodes over STARGATE SG-1's 10-yera run that she & belong together/are emant for one another.

And if the line "Actually, I am kinda seeing someone. . ." in a recent episode of Season 10 isn't a reference to the events of 'Threads' / 'Mobieus' (parts 1 & 2); then I don't know what is!!
        Well like Jess said, the line is actually "Not exactly" and was in S9. It was much, much more ambiguous than the line you wrote down. In fact, I believe I read a report from one of AT's recent con appearances where she said that she interpretated the line to mean that Sam wasn't ready to move into a relationship at the moment because she doesn't know how she feels about things. So it was more about her saying that it's not that she's with someone else, but rather that she doesn't want to be in a relationship with anyone at the moment. I would agree with her interpretation not because she's the actress but because that's how I looked at her line as well when I heard it.

As for the first part you said, while it's been suggested over the years that her and Jack had feelings for each other (though I saw it moreso coming from Sam's side), I don't think that's the same as saying they are meant for each other or that they even belong together romantically. From what I've seen, they've shown just as many reasons for why Jack and Sam wouldn't work in a romantic relationship and why they shouldn't be together. I think they've left it ambiguous enough for both sides of the issue to be right (and I hope it stays ambiguous because I'm not a fan of ship on Stargate).

I'm going to agree with those who have said that there is absolutely nothing wrong with the show ending with Sam being single. Like everyone agrees on, she's intelligent, independent, talented, and she is surrounded by people that love her. It's not like she needs a romantic relationship to be happy or content. It's not as though she'll ever be alone even if she doesn't get into a romantic relationship because she'll always have friends who love her and would give their lives for her (and she would do the same for them). I'm all for our main characters remaining single in the end and showing that they can be so and not have it mean anything negative because they have each other.
        Last edited by Veritas21; 12 December 2006, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Jack! All the way! They've been through so much together and deserve a happy ending! You can see how much they care for each other (IMO key episodes being 'Divide & Conquer', 'Entity', 'Paradise Lost' and 'Threads').

For me, Sam & Jack will always belong together and no-one else will ever come close to what they have!

I just hope the writers reward our loyalty and give then their happy ending... they've put personal fellings aside and sacrificed so much for 10 years its only fair that they get together!!!!

Edward ~ "And so the Lion fell in love with the Lamb."
          Bella ~ "What a stupid Lamb."
          Edward ~ "What a sick, masochistic Lion."

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas21 View Post
            Well like Jess said, the line is actually "Not exactly" and was in S9. It was much, much more ambiguous than the line you wrote down. In fact, I believe I read a report from one of AT's recent con appearances where she said that she interpretated the line to mean that Sam wasn't ready to move into a relationship at the moment because she doesn't know how she feels about things. So it was more about her saying that it's not that she's with someone else, but rather that she doesn't want to be in a relationship with anyone at the moment. I would agree with her interpretation not because she's the actress but because that's how I looked at her line as well when I heard it.
            I didn't get to read too many reports from GABIT or Avalon, but that's a very interesting interpretation and I think it makes a lot of sense. It did seem (to me anyway) that she wasn't really ready to move back into a relationship and Barrett was flirting with her, so she wanted to discourage him.

As for the first part you said, while it's been suggested over the years that her and Jack had feelings for each other (though I saw it moreso coming from Sam's side), I don't think that's the same as saying they are meant for each other or that they even belong together romantically. From what I've seen, they've shown just as many reasons for why Jack and Sam wouldn't work in a romantic relationship and why they shouldn't be together. I think they've left it ambiguous enough for both sides of the issue to be right (and I hope it stays ambiguous because I'm not a fan of ship on Stargate).

I'm going to agree with those who have said that there is absolutely nothing wrong with the show ending with Sam being single. Like everyone agrees on, she's intelligent, independent, talented, and she is surrounded by people that love her. It's not like she needs a romantic relationship to be happy or content. It's not as though she'll ever be alone even if she doesn't get into a romantic relationship because she'll always have friends who love her and would give their lives for her (and she would do the same for them). I'm all for our main characters remaining single in the end and showing that they can be so and not have it mean anything negative because they have each other.
            Agreed. I have friends who are connected to the military (one comes from a US Coast Guard family) and they said the only way Sam and Jack could be together is if one of them retires. I don't know if they will show that in S10 or in the movies but it basically is the only way it can happen. I've also read various interview snippets (and snippets from the cons) from both AT and RDA. They pretty much both agreed that they should be friends and stay true to the Air Force regs.

I'm just repeating what I heard so if any of you feel like throwing something ..... don't blame the messenger!

Comment

Working...
            X