This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Token
    Everyone should be allowed to voice their opinion without criticism.
    Fortunately, the shipper fans tend to stay on the threads FOR ship, the non-shipper fans tend to post on the NO ship threads. That way, there is less possibility of being required to respect conflicting opinions. Somehow I think that if there was a single thread there might be a nuclear meltdown...
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom
      Somehow I think that if there was a single thread there might be a nuclear meltdown...
      In the Delphi GateWorld forum we had just that thread. It was lively, and the debate got heated at times, but it never went into nuclear meltdown. Some people got a different perspective that helped change their view point, some people changed their view points entirely, and some people didn't alter their view points at all. But it was for the most part a civilised and extremely long thread.

One thing I've learned is to never underestimate those that post on GateWorld. No matter how far apart they might be in terms of viewpoints, the vast majority of regulars are always respectful of what another person might say even if they disagree vehemently.
      sigpic

Comment

I've got people's email addresses, which will be added to the petition when I send it away.

I only put the list online, as many people wanted to see it.
        sigpic
        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Hey Suz, when are you going to send the petition? Because I'm making a little campaign here in Spain to get more names...

SNY

Comment

Originally posted by Sam & Jack Shipper
            Why are we anymore crazy than previous groups of this fandom? Because we want to send a petition? We have played nice and look where it has gotten us....a Stalker who masquerades as a "Nice Guy".
            Hey, I'm not saying you're the only crazy group, I don't think anyone could ever out-crazy them, back in their day And you don't want to cross those Thor/Heimdall shippers!

But, I've just thought of a new thread to make now...

Comment

refering to a few posts made earlier,
              i'm in my early twenties, and i don't see any issue with an age difference. i think if thats the sole reason for a particular pairing is seen as disgusting, then thats just a simple sign of immaturity. even I could think of better reasons why sam and jack shouldn't happen. my opinion on this even stands for those who see a problem with sam and pete having a relationship due to a percieved age difference.
              the fact remains though, that none of us know for certain what the actual ages of those involved are. sam could be in her late forties for all we know, and just look very young for her age. just because someone looks to be a certain age, doesn't mean they actually are that age.
              on review, these posts should probably all be in the ship discussion thread.

and teal'c, did you just call us crazy? isn't that a bit like the pot and kettle senario? also, who is "them"?

Comment

Please can you add my name to the petition?

Name Tricia
                Country England
                Age over 40

Can we make sure TPTB understand that we in no way mean any disrespect to any actor or writer on Stargate. That we feel the way the storyline appears to be going is causing distress among a large section of their fan base. Also if their plan is to have what we would call a positive resolution to the Sam and jack storyline the publicity and the way they are pushing Sam and Pete is also damaging
                Isis
                Jack and Sam forever

Comment

1) What makes you think that sending a petition will not end up in them doing exactly the opposite of what you want? They love to play with the audience/fans and as I see it that's just another way of keeping us hooked up.

2) What makes you think Pete's proposal will end the S&J ship? In fact, it might even be the other way around and I'm pretty sure that's the purpose of it: to heighten the tension/excitement.

To achieve this, driving fans crazy is just a means to this end. I won't go hysterical until the wedding is over.

Comment

Btw, why are you gonna send it? They've soon filmed all of season 8, there's no time to change anything, unless there's a season9.

Comment

I'm not trying to change their minds, I just want TPTB to know the fan's point of view.

I'm not going to be forceful, because I know that that can do more harm than good.

As for why I'm sending a petition...

As someone stated a few posts ago, Stargate is a product. If you bought something from the supermarket you were not happy with, you would let the shop or the manufacturer know what the problem was. In my view, this is no different. But that's just my personal opinion.
                      sigpic
                      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                        I'm not trying to change their minds, I just want TPTB to know the fan's point of view.
                        What's the point? They are well aware of the fans' point of view.
                        As someone stated a few posts ago, Stargate is a product. If you bought something from the supermarket you were not happy with, you would let the shop or the manufacturer know what the problem was. In my view, this is no different. But that's just my personal opinion.
                        But it is different. Sure, Stargate is a product... But it's also entertainment. Art, if you will. It's also a story. A story told to us, by the writers. Not the other way around.
                        Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

My question would be to all of those that don't like the petition idea because they think it is useless to waste the time is why are you bothering then to post here. Why are you bothering to TRY and CHANGE OTHER peoples minds that THINK it IS WORTHWHILE. If YOU (general you) DON'T LIKE IT FINE. But why give grief to those fans that want to do it. How is it hurting you or your fandom????

It is THEIR TIME. How is it bothering you ?? How is it affecting your life?? If you think TPTB aren't even going to bother reading it then why are you even trying to stop it. This makes no sense to me. If this is how some of the fans of SG want to express their dissaticfaction with a storyline then why not?? It is their choice, their time, their effort. In no way is anyone demanding that everyone sign it. In no way is anyone demanding that ALL be part of it. This was a nice and respectful request made to poeple wanting to be on a petition.

And somehow it got made into this debate. Amazing.
                          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                            My question would be to all of those that don't like the petition idea because they think it is useless to waste the time is why are you bothering then to post here. Why are you bothering to TRY and CHANGE OTHER peoples minds that THINK it IS WORTHWHILE. If YOU (general you) DON'T LIKE IT FINE. But why give grief to those fans that want to do it. How is it hurting you or your fandom????
                            For the record (since I get the distinct feeling this is directed at me), I am not trying to change anyones mind or ruin anyones "fun". I was merely trying to point out that TPTB are very much aware of how the fans (in this case, shuppers) feel. I said this because I got the impression not everyone is aware of it. And, since people keep referring to Stargate as "a product" in this thread I felt I should point out what I perceive to be the difference. I'll be moving right along now.
                            Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Can I get a refund on SG1?

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                                For the record (since I get the distinct feeling this is directed at me), I am not trying to change anyones mind or ruin anyones "fun". I was merely trying to point out that TPTB are very much aware of how the fans (in this case, shuppers) feel. I said this because I got the impression not everyone is aware of it. And, since people keep referring to Stargate as "a product" in this thread I felt I should point out what I perceive to be the difference. I'll be moving right along now.
                                No it wasn't directed at you pesonally...you were just one in the many posts here that seemed to be so against these people doing this. I was just amazed that it would become a *debatable* point. I never thought anyone was trying to have *fun*
                                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Working...
                                X